Tombstone, AZ

Walter J Meyer School 1

Posted August 08, 2015
I pulled my kindergarten out on the fourth day of school. My child went to pre-school and she was excited going there everyday. She was all about going to kindergarten and on the first day of school she was very happy. Second day comes around and there was a big change in her mood and would not talk about her day. On the third day I dropped her off and she seemed distraught and sad about something. When we finally got to her class she clamped up and started crying and buried her face on my my body. I held her and asked her what was wrong but she would not say anything and was very upset over something. Then her teacher came out and tried to talk to her but she was not responding to her at all. I took her home that day. On the fourth day I noticed when she walked to her class that she was walking really slow. I yelled out "bye honey" and all i heard was a very sad "bye". Normally my child would be bouncing up and down all happy because that is her normal personality. So out of curiousity I followed her to her classroom. Little did she know I was following her and when I called her she turned around real fast and ran to me. I told her she had to go to class and noticed she wanted to tear up but held back. As soon as they got in line I noticed the teacher being very rude and telling my daughter how rude she was to cut in line when all my daughter did was walk up to her classmates who were already lined up. ??? I was furious but knowing I was on school grounds I could not yell at the teacher for the way she spoke to my daughter. Next thing you know she was lining up the children and was very mean and rude in how she spoke to them. My daughter has since told me that her teacher was mean and not nice. Children don't lie. Since then I have my daughter going to a different school which is way better than Tombstone. That kindergarten teacher needs to be investigated and fired because she is mean to those children and should not be teaching.

Walter J Meyer School 2

Posted March 19, 2015
I believe This school is a bad environment, my child has to much stress on their shoulders. Two hours of homework every night and barley any good grades, What strikes my attention is that the teachers don't think twice before they fail a student. One of the issues I hate the most is one of the teachers is not sensitive or helpful when it comes to puberty or periods, and will not help at all or care.

Walter J Meyer School 1

Posted October 16, 2012
My child didn't learn anything in these school. The teachers don't care about the students.They combined classes and makes it hard on the students to learn. I feel like its not a safe enveriment for are children to learn

Walter J Meyer School 5

Posted July 23, 2009

Walter J Meyer School

Posted September 30, 2008
This is the best small school. Teachers are very motivated and easy to communicate with. i always see all the teachers on the playground throughout the day talking to each student. My child came from a school that had labled him as a disapline problem and had him with the counsler most of the time. This school has never had any problems with our child and he has never been in counseling. this is his 2 year at WJM. I love the teachres, the atmosphere and the summer program.

Walter J Meyer School 5

Posted February 21, 2006
Carol Davis is a really cool aide. She is awesome. Carol for Presidente!

Walter J Meyer School
411 N. 9th St., Tombstone, AZ  85638
Last modified Walter J Meyer School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walter J Meyer School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top