Bad
Good

When I first was thinking of moving my child to this school I talked with the principal and he was charming and had wonderful things to say about his staff. The school is big and there are plenty of activities for the students. After enrolling my child I found that the school and staff do not live up to the hype. They show favorites and disregard all concerns I had about bullying to which the principal harshly tries to say is only harassment not bullying and still nothing is done to fix the problem. There is only one nationally recognized teacher in math and is the only teacher that has a great reputation. The excuse for putting people in charge of classes who are not certified teachers is a lack of people to hire and a national crisis in qualified teachers. This gives him the right to hire non-qualified people from the street without background checks under the emergency laws granted to the school district. After speaking with people in the community I found that this school has a long history of bullying parents in to taking their children out of the school if they are hard to deal with, children who have IEPs are not adhered to, completely ignore complaints by parents, show favoritism, and feel that they are justified in disciplining your child without informing you which includes not allowing them to have recess or do extra laps, push-ups, or other forms of punishments which is completely against their very own wellness policy. What the final straw was for me was an unqualified teacher thought it was a good idea to show the entire class a photograph of her lacerated leg which showed a gaping wound which my child said she could see into the meat of the teacher's leg with blood. The response I received was that the teacher will not do it again. My child will never forget that image and may be mentally scarred for life because of the absolute disregard for hiring people who are qualified and have a background check. Poor judgement is an understatement. Do not send your child to this school. Speak with the community first and you will have horror story after horror story especially if they are special needs students.

This school is horrible! There is no communication between staff and parents! They take kids out of class without communication with the parents. I specifically moved into the are based on school review. Wow what a big mistake. The class sizes are so small I can't have my child with another teacher because there are none. 4 families have removed their children from the class just this year.

This school is a gem! Every student receives the attention he/she truly deserves, and every staff member at the school acts as their support system. Thanks to its small size, the educational program can be tailored to suit the needs of each student. This also means gifted and talented students are given opportunities to thrive! NO STUDENT FALLS THROUGH THE CRACKS! This is a godsend for the high amount of underprivileged students who live in this community. Most students continue to have close ties with this school long after leaving, and it is always welcoming. The administration is very involved in the lives of the students, and has a hands-on/proactive approach to their education. The administration is always one step ahead in improving the educational quality at this school, and isn't afraid to be fresh and innovative! No problem goes unsolved here. Parent involvement is of course encouraged heavily, but in reality hard to come by in this community. Thankfully, this doesn't stop Topock Elementary, a school that isn't afraid to show up at your door if you've been missing school. That's how involved this school is in the community! Always going above and beyond for students.

My children are thriving in this small school environment. They love their teachers! Their teachers treat them like they are special and I know they care about them. They are very encouraging! Also, they love Mrs. Tiffany! They love to go up to her desk and say hello and Mrs. Tiffany is always welcoming and treats them special. I feel my children are safe there and I love that secure feeling! Thank you Topock Elementary!!

Topock is a great school that cares about kids and has excellent teachers who are dedicated to student success.

My children attended a private Christian school in Southern California so when my husbands company transferred him here to Topock AZ I was a little concerned that the quality of education that I had come to expect would not be matched. I was surprised to find that not only did Topock School have high academic standards and state testing scores (Highly performing) but that it was a supporter of arts and physical education. The teaching staff was always smiling and happy to be on campus which was something I was aware of since I too worked in the education field. I was lucky enough to have kids going to school here and now I am lucky enough to be an employee here. I speak from inside insight when I say that the administration here has the students and the staffs best interest at heart. It is a relief to have my kids in a school that represents more than teaching to the test and instead creates whole individuals to become successful adults.

There is no communication in this school !! My 9 year old son was taken out of the school play today , I was NOT notified of this and when I noticed he was not in the play no one seem to know where he was ?? I found him in a room with another student in detention during the play that I was invited to watch him perform . He went to detention for talking, what bothers me is I was never told of the situation and no one seem to know what was going on when I asked them , The teacher watching him in detention had no idea why he was even there . His teacher sat next to me during the play and never told what had happened ?

This is more than a school it is a family. The kids needs, educational and otherwise, are of upmost importance and are addressed promptly and with compassion. The programs offered go above and beyond that which is offered in most public schools. The art program is far more than 'kid crafts', they are learning art history as well as learning about and recreating works of the masters. There are several after school athletic programs offered that focus on developing the children's ability and discipline. The administration stays current with developments in education and the curriculums are all relatively new. The needs of the kids who are below grade level are met, but the above average children need more opportunities to flourish. The lower grade programs are stellar, starting with the new preschool. The Jr. High could use improving. Overall a great school.

Very hard to get to speak with an administrator. Little to no advanced warning of events where parents could be involved. Poor communication. Rude principal.

My oldest has just started pre-k and we love it! The teacher, Mrs. Haver, is great with the kids and parents.

Last modified Topock Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.