Bad
Good

My son attended TAG for 1.5 years. When Mr Meehan and Mr Roll left, my son followed Mr Meehan to his new school - Tucson International Academy. The performance of a school is vested in it's teachers, and when Mr Meehan and Mr Roll left, TAG lost everything that they had to offer my son. Mr Meehan is now the principal at the TIA East Campus and we are very happy with our decision to have our son follow Mr Meehan there.

I have been less than impressed with this school this year. They are not very organized and do not communicate well with the parents. I should be careful and say that that has been my experience with our son's teacher in particular, but there are not very many events with teachers, parents and students. I like to be more involved in my child's schooling, but they have not made it easy to do this. My son will not be returning next year - whether it is closing or not.

This school is closing and changing ownership and all should know this. The principal could not come up and presented vision and set of goals for the school and backed out of renewing the charter. All parents should know this and plan to send students elsewhere.

Overall, the experience at TAG was enjoyable. The prinicpal was amazing. Anytime I had an issues he took care of it right away! My daughter was in 6th grade and extremely shy! I felt like her needs were being met for the most part by her teachers. She liked both of her teachers and that is a big thing for me as a parent! If our family was not relocating we absolutely would have allowed her to attend there again!

I am very happy with the school. Whenever there is an issue or problem, it is resolved immediately. It has very caring teachers: love Ms. Svitlana since Kinder, and Ms. Beck's yoga classes for the 1st graders. I wish she would offer yoga to the whole school! My son still enjoys yoga.

My daughter started Kinder this year at TAG. At first i was worried with all the money i had to spend for the supplies. HOWEVER, since then i have been nothing but impressed with the school. I love Mrs. Svitlana and Mrs. Carrie!! My daughter is reading and learning Spanish! The only thing i would change about the school is that i wish it had a bus system. I drive 30 mins one way to TAG each school day..

Our family relocated to Tucson from NY where my daughter attended private school her whole life. At TAG I feel like I'm getting a private school education for 100% off! The classes are smaller and she gets the one to one attention all students deserve. She is receiving 6th grade work ( she's in the 5th grade) and is performing on an A level. The days are long but a three day weekend more than makes up for that. I guess Mr Roll and Mr Meehan are the rock stars of TAG because surprise surprise.. They're her favorite teachers as well.

I really enjoy working at TAG as a Middle School Teacher. Our staff is very supportive of each other and ready and willing to go the extra mile to make sure our kids are successful. Our teachers look after all the students in the school, not just their own. We are a small school, but in 2011 about 1/3 of our graduating eighth grade class made it into one of the top schools in Arizona (namely, UHS or Basis). Those schools require students to take competency tests in a variety of subject matters and the vast majority of students don t make it in. All of our students are required to take Spanish and our 7th and 8th graders are also required to take Mandarin Chinese. We have a very active soccer program and our middle schoolers have a Yearbook and a Drama and Video Club. Our middle school curriculum is challenging enough for the brightest students. The average 7th grader takes Algebra I and we go up to Algebra II. I also have the pleasure of taking our students out of state every year to Catalina Island for a Marine Biology field trip. Working at TAG is a lot of fun and I strongly recommend the school to students and parents.

I have gone to this school for 3 and a half years, and it is the best school I have gone to. It has great teachers(Mr.Roll and Mr.Meehan being my favorite) and has a very good performance, no matter if it is the AIMS or just a simple quiz. I've seen this school given a bad review by some kids who really need to understand that a good school doesn't let you do whatever you want. A good school is a school that gives a pupil an Education, Discipline, and enough time to relax while staying in the game. And I'm happy to say that TAG meets that standard. The 7/8th Class Math is very advanced, but it is well explained by Mr.Roll, our 7/8th grade Math teacher. Sincerely, Faruz

i hated this school a lot. very much grrrrrr........i Hate it! i went here for 4 years. dont come to this school. go to the tanque verde school district!!!!

Last modified Tag Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8