Public charter
Tucson, AZ
After care: No

Posted December 04, 2013
Skyview High School is amazing!!! The staff is VERY dedicated to the education,safety and well being of each and every student. For the first time ever my autistic son looks forward to going to school and I know that he is recieving the education that he deserves. Skyview has an awesome website with videos that the students made and viewing the videos helped my son feel comfortable going to Skyview on his first day. The staff and students treat him with kindness and respect and he is making some wonderful friends their. Thank you Skyview for giving all of your student the best education they could every recieve and a future they deserve!!

Posted June 23, 2013
My daughter is doing so much better in this school. Its small and individualized to help the kids succeed. The teachers really care and the administration and the staff are great too. My daughter was having some health issues and they really helped us work around them, so she could finish the school year on a good note.

Posted May 06, 2012
The teachers and staff at Skyview High School are the most qualified, talented, and dedicated teachers in Tucson schools. Aside from really knowing their stuff, they have an excellent understanding of students. My daughter left a TUSD high school because she felt lost in a sea of druggies who didn't care about school and teachers who were just there to collect a paycheck. The kids at Skyview get away with NOTHING, and although grades are better, they're still challanged more than they ever would be in a large public setting. Anyone who doesn't like this school is likely an enabler to their child and has an issue with the administration and staff's no-nonsense approach to education and zero-tolerance for poor behavior. Furthermore, the art, fashion, and video production programs surpass anything I've seen from any school in Tucson. There's no school on Fridays unless they need extra help or they missed a day, but my daughter insists on attending anyway because Skyview is somewhere she feels safe, accepted, and important.

Posted August 05, 2011
Skyview rescued my kids! When my husband insisted we give them a chance because our daughter was doing so poorly in traditional schools I had my doubts, but she did great. She got all "A"s and "B"s on her report cards, we received continuous feedback from teachers, and she even graduated 6 months early. Based on that we sent our son to Skyview from day one. What a great decision that was. Skyview didn't just prepare him for graduation, they prepared him for life. So, what is he doing now? Glad you asked...he is a US Marine!

Posted July 13, 2011
As a parent I cannot say enough about this school. There is a new principal that has made some incredible improvements in the last year that my son has attended. I plan to send my daughter there this year. The teachers are dedicated and the art coming out of this school is unbelievable. Go in and see for yourself!

Skyview High School 2

Posted May 25, 2011
The only thing holding up this school is the meager, dedicated staff they employ. There is a reason that this school has large turnover in its staff. Very few of the staff has been with this institution for the long haul. The staff, parents, and sudents freely gossip about what is wrong with this school - the leadership. The "leadership" of this school is so very backhanded, twofaced, unprofessional, and unhelpful that they drive their own good teachers away. If the "leaders" say anything to you, be sure to get it in writing. Students are not lying when they say they were told something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT by theirs "leaders".

Skyview High School 3

Posted April 21, 2010
As a teacher, I was disappointed in the change in administration after my first year and chose to leave halfway through my second year. I found the administration to be unsupportive, unhelpful, and unconcerned with student and teacher issues. Electives offered are the best part; the art and fashion programs are wonderful and bring out many students' unknown talents. The teachers try to help each student succeed and respond quickly to issues in the classroom, both behaviorally and academically. There are not many extracurriculars and no sports due to the size of the school and lack of administrative support. The student spread was from some with excessive behavior issues to students who excelled in smaller classes with more opportunity for one-on-one tutoring. Not somewhere I would ever consider teaching again due to my experiences involving a lack of leadership and professionalism from the administration.

Skyview High School 0

Posted September 03, 2008
When i first started high school i was a wreck! i was getting into tons of trouble and was going no where with my life. when i came to TA i had 3 credits my sophmore year. i am now a senior, and i am graduating 3 blocks (quarters) early, and carry a 3.5 grade point average, something me and my parents NEVER would have expected out of me. i felt as though there was no hope for me, that everyone had lost all faith in me ever doing something with my life. Then i met the wonderful staff at Tucson Accelerated. i am now a part of choir, yearbook, student government and fashion. This school helped me become the person i am today. without the amazing staff, i dont think i would be where i am today. i can honestly say that this school is the best. of course there are strickt, enforced rules. but any good school is like that. I love coming to school and seeing the smiling faces of the staff. Its has become a second home for me. My family. Maybe i'm just one of the lucky ones. Either way, i'm glad that my mom put me in this school. It changed my life. and i dont know where, or who i would be today without it.

Posted July 17, 2008
I am currently a student at Tucson Accelerated High School. I have been going there since half of my freshman year. I am now going to be a senior this fall. I had left Sabino because i did not fit in with people there so i decided to go to T.A. The first day i had gone there i was sort of shy but the next day i had already made friends. People there are very nice, the staff is great, they get along well with the students and other faculty. My whole experience has made me a better person.I look forward to going to school everyday because the teachers supporting me to get my work done so i can graduate in december and later on start a nursing career in college. I am very happy to be going to TA and i will be in the class of 2009

Skyview High School 0

Posted March 15, 2008
its the worst school ever . the priciples and teachers are as burned out and insane as the students who go their . a current principal does nothing to help students but only make them feel like they cannot accomplish anything . thier make up time or as they call it ''flex' is very stupid because kida are going to miss school and have no time to make up. and so they fail do to not flexing even if they have good grades which is not fair. do no send our children to this low budget school , they dont even have a library or a decent gym or auditoriom , in no way does it look like or is a normal school . bad bad bad

Skyview High School
7820 East Wrightstown Road, Tucson, AZ  85715
Last modified Skyview High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Skyview High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top