Posted June 27, 2014
Backpack should be allowed for all the stuff you have to carry around. Some of the teachers are a little too old and don't really teach much except about their life. There should be a real cafeteria that serves food and there should be a real room for kids to eat not just outside with a ramada tarp over there heads. This place is not very collage prep either. There are not many electives for a student to pick from. The dress code is stupid which tons of kids get away with. I am proud to say that I left this school and I am getting a way better education. And teachers at AOTHS pick favorites and they do not care about the rest.

Posted May 22, 2014
My son has grown so much this year. The teachers have really helped him grow and become more confident in himself. This warms my heart a great deal! High School

Posted April 04, 2014
As a vendor working with the Academy of Tucson I can't say enough about management and the faculty. They absolutely care about their students and the impact on Tucson Education. - CS Design Studios

Posted February 23, 2014
This school has an excellent student to teacher ratio -- class sizes are small, averaging from 10-20. That makes all the difference. Teachers know their students as people, not just as bodies filling seats. Teachers are held accountable, as are students. My son attended AOT from 6th to 12th grade, and it was a great thing to know who his teachers were, how he was doing in class, and who his friends were.

Posted September 13, 2013
My youngest daughter recently graduated (May '13) from the AoTHS and I have to say I am very happy with her experience at this school. The special ed teacher who worked with her along with her other core class teachers all communicated effectively one with the other, making her experience there very positive. The fact that the communication between the teachers, my daughter, along with the principal and other school officials, created an environment where, since they were all on the "same page" with regards to her education and emotional needs, was nothing short of the highest of excellent marks. When I had a question of any of the staff, they all responded in a timely manner and we all worked together, there were no sudden surprises. Thank you Academy personnel for everything! you all know who you are and I will be forever thankful for your guidance and patience and for working so well together and with me!

Posted February 26, 2013
From a student who doesnt really care about the staff or has no favorites. This school is hard for students who are not to good at math, in all classes they hold you to an expectation that only few can hold. The electives are very few but they claim they offer just as much as a public school which is true to a point, the school offers art, choir, adv womens choir, guitar, and musical theory, these are the actual in class ones with teachers, the rest are offered through the online class by byu independent study but still those are limited and not that great. Now the teachers they pick favorites, when it comes to discipline their reall is nothing they do they just give you a 30 min lunch detentiion DONT SEND YOUR CHILD HEAR

Posted August 22, 2012
Contrary to the previous comment, the principal of the high school motivated and gave my daughter a sense of direction which changed her view of school and today she is successfully working her way through college. The fine work of the principal and faculty at the Academy of Tucson changes lives for the better. I am truly blessed to have found such a wonderful school.

Posted August 15, 2012
The teachers are good.......the principal needs to be replaced. He speaks down to students, is rude to select students and does not encourage them to do well as much as puts them down if they struggle.

Posted May 07, 2012
I have one child that attended the middle school and did pretty well so we sent them to the high school. This school is a huge contradiction! Some kids are held to different standards than others. Some kids can wear inappropriate clothing right in front of staff and not get in trouble. Some kids can display affection in front of staff and also not get in trouble. Very unprofessional!!! Rumors spread so easily through staff and kids. My child feels so unwelcome at this school. Be very careful about sending your child to this school!

Academy of Tucson High School 4

Posted January 24, 2012
I have two boys going to AOT and both of them came from another charter school that was a very poor school. Both of them have been struggling and AOT High school has been helping them out. My oldest is in !!the grade and he has improved but needs a little more help and they are helping him a lot. My youngest is in (the grade and he is still struggling and we made an appointment to meet with the teachers. We found out where he is struggling and they are helping him a lot. I have nothing bad to say about this school. I have looked at other charters school and nothing compares with AOT. This is the best decision we have made for our two boys. I do know that I will never put them in public schools again. Thank you AOT.

Academy of Tucson High School
10720 East 22nd Street, Tucson, AZ  85748
Last modified Academy of Tucson High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academy of Tucson High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 46 reviews.