Accelerated Learning Laboratory

Charter | K-12 | 216 students

Living in Tucson

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $130,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $800.

Posted yesterday

Accelerated is the right name of this school. This school encourages and accelerates kids based on their capabilities, INDIVIDUALLY. Every kid will have different set of worksheets based on their progress. My kids are in this school from Pre-school. ALL has advanced program in Math, Science, Geography, Vocabulary, Anatomy, etc. Other schools (i.e. Sonoran Academy of Science and BASIS) give math program one grade higher than the kid grade (i.e. 1st grader kid gets 2nd grade math equivalent). ALL 1st grader can get as high as the kid can possibly advance. Limitless, Boundariless. Does this school suitable for every kids/parents??? Again, you will get the most benefit out of this school if your kids can catch up with this revolutionary system. Parents involvement with kids will help to propel your kids. Again!!! This school will encourage the kids to progress as far as they can. Their system, except for preschooler, kids are arranged in class based on their academic and social capabilities. A class can consist 1st,2nd, 4th and 5th graders. Worry with the ages different? Do not. I was, but after involving ourselves, you will find it amazing how those age differences works nicely.

Posted January 6, 2014

My son started in K and it has been great. The teachers really care and want them to succeed. They expect accountability from the students as well as the teachers. Each student excels based on what they can handle. No one is left behind and they are expected to master subjects not just get a grade. My son has really learned and is far above what they are teaching in public school. I am so glad that I found this school for my son and feel that it will really prepare him for life. A great big gold star for the staff and teachers. They honestly care and spend the time with all the students to ensure success. This school does require parent participation in order for the student to succeed. You have to actively be involved with their homework (about a half hour) every night. The children that have the most problems with this school are the ones where their parents are not involved and have no idea what they are learning. I would recommend this school to every child whether they are a quick learner or a slow learner. Both types will succeed.

Posted November 4, 2013

My son is a Senior this year. He has gone to ALL since 1st grade. This has been a great school for him. No school is perfect, but ALL gets high marks from me in all the areas that really count. The core faculty and leadership take a personal interest in the students and are willing to invest long hours to ensure they receive the help they need with Science Olympiad, AP and SAT prep, navigating the college application process and their schoolwork. According to our experience, if a teacher is not invested in the students or does not meet quality standards, he or she is not kept on staff. Likewise, students are held to high academic and behavioral standards. Inappropriate behavior is addressed properly and promptly to ensure a positive environment where children can thrive. My son has had a wonderful academic career in a safe, respectful environment. I deeply appreciate the staff at ALL. I am very thankful for the exceptional education, mentoring and support my son has received. Soon, he will be headed for college, but like other ALL alumni, I'm sure he will stay in touch with the staff and find a way to contribute to the school's on-going success.

Posted August 23, 2013

ALL has been a great school for both my kids. They are excelling at their own pace, and are both far more advanced than their public school friends. The school has added a lot of activities this year, including band, a school garden, cheer leading, and Italian ! Our family wants our kids to go here until 12 grade.

Posted February 20, 2013

Both my children have been attending this school for the past 3 years. My son started in their pre-school program and my daughter started in the 5th grade. This is the BEST place for my kids. The school is comprised of 3 buildings; Pre-school, elementary, and secondary. There are about 200 kids in all that attend the school. All the kids know each other and support each other in their efforts. The teachers and administrators all go the extra mile to make sure the kids really LEARN the material. The teachers stay late, skip lunch, and attend extra-cirricular activities to support the kids. They give 1 on 1 instruction and encourage the older kids to mentor and tutor the younger kids. There are no cliques, bullying is not tolerated, and the quality of the education is fantastic! My daughter is involved in EVERYTHING. She is on student council, involved in Science Olympiad, and participates in the Chinese Exchange program. I could not ask for a better place to send my children to school. I am truly grateful for the administrators, teachers, and student body that educate and encourage my children everyday.

Posted January 9, 2013

This school has potential to be really great but lacks consistency & structure. There is a lot of turnover too so this ended up not being a good fit for our family.

Posted May 15, 2012

This school is fantastic. For this school to be a good fit, your child must exhibit a strong desire to learn and be highly motivated. The school teaches to the level of the student, not the lowest common denominator. The school expects studious behavior from the children and rewards the children with dedication and unlimited involvement. The best school in Tucson if your child wants to learn.

Posted June 20, 2011

My son finished his first year in this school but does not return next year. The first grade and kindergarten teachers are very good. But the school has some problems to be solved. Safety is the first, children play in the playground and no have any kind of fence to protect them from going outside the area. Cleanliness is the second, many children develop asthma, brinquitis, pneumonia and strep throat during the past year in school, the school would not listen to parents and some parents had to clean their child's classroom because the school does not heeded the complaints. The backpacks and lunchboxes are thrown around the yard and in the halls you can not walk because they are all lying on the floor. The only thing that consentran is that the child memorize math and geography, have no interest in that child has a class reading or writing and that many are far behind many children and parents have to pay tutors to teach them to read and write. On the other hand the administration and you will never see the person who is to replace the principal has no education in human relations. Only known shout, to make people feel bad and that includes students.

Posted May 26, 2011

I have two Boys in this school. I love the accountability that they put on the kids they are great partners with parents. This is not a school for parents that want to let there kids just get by. Although there is a lot of memorization when the kids get to upper levels of work they have got to know what they have learned. The school doesn't hide the fact that they are a curriculum based school nor do they promise Art projects. The reason why the kids come home on the dirty side is because they allow them to play like kids. I have sat through recess many times watching the different grades interact and play well together. They dig in the rocks search out bugs and many other things including kick ball. The kids play hard because they work hard. My 2nd grader that was coming from another school extremely behind in all subjects has really shined at this school. He is responding very well to the accountability and knows that hard work pays off. I'm proud to say that my kids go to this school. It was an adjustment at first for homework but now we have our schedule and it works well. I'm excited to continue with this school next year and many more years.

Posted May 24, 2011

This school is not as great as many people think it is. I gave it two stars because my child did learn something. She learned how to memorize! Kids get one sheet with several math problems and they work on that sheet until they can "Master ' it. I say "Memorize" it. They also get these sheets for Geography. Now they have implemented a new requirement for children, regardless of grade. They must "Memorize" three of those sheets in a week in order to get an "A" grade. As a parent, get ready to work your rear off, after work, helping your child "Memorize" these sheets. Also, this scholl is very dirty! it seems like more and more kids are having respiratory issues like bronchitris and asthma. Kids are always sick in this school. They need to work on cleanliness in this school. Book bags and jackets are just thrown on the classroom floor because there is no where else to store them. This school seems to be more concerned with numbers than with the children. I will be rescuing my child from this "School". She will not return for 2011-2012.

Posted July 20, 2010

Much of the homework in the grade school consists of a 20 question sheet and an answer key. No study materials, no books, and no explanation of the answers. So, the easiest thing for the student to do is memorize the answer key answers without even looking at the questions. This homework is also the chapter test. They pass and move to the next level without having a real understanding of what they just tested for and passed. If only the tests were different from the answer keys that the students are given to memorize, some real learning might take place. Why not make that one simple change? It would make all the difference in the way the students study and learn the math and geography lessons. They would have to grasp the concepts and utilize them rather than just memorize answers in order. A Dissapointed Parent.

Posted June 16, 2010

My daughter has just finished K. at ALL First of all, I do want to say that her teacher is SUPER. If it weren't for her, I don't know... The curriculum puts way too much emphasis on rote memorization of worthless data and there seems to be little creative thinking going on. I regret that there is no art or music taught and the days are too long, especially for Kindergarten. Despite all this I think that my daughter did well this year and did learn a lot. However, I think this is due entirely to her excellent teacher and parental involvement. Without homework help she would not have done well. Also, I agree that there is lack of supervision, and for this reason I attended all field trips and swimming. I think this school can work for a child, but it definitely takes a lot of parent involvement.

Posted July 20, 2009

Parents, I encourage you to really do you homework when selecting a school for your children. ALL is more concerned about stats, hight scores and rankings than they are about the safety and well-being of your child. I encourage you, the parent, to look at everthing regarding this school. From math and science reports to police reports.

Posted March 31, 2009

Excellent school. Period. My son is in 8th grade and he is taking 5 AP classes and Chinese. Last year he passed the national AP test in two Calculus classes. This year he is expecting to get 5 or 4 in AP History, AP Psychology, AP English Composition, and AP Arts. He is also hoping to pass AP Statistics. My son is not genius, but the level and quality of support and guidance is sky high. Accelerated Learning Lab has been the best discovery for my family.

Posted February 9, 2009

OK, I have been going to this school since 1st grade, and I am leaving now because this school can get hard i am now in 7th about 8 years here now. Very very good school though. It fitted me for a very long time. It could be a little more organized... but other than that it is great... they teach students at a high level i am in College algerbra right now.... They teach at a good pace though
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 3, 2008

My child is in 4th grade and has been attending A.L.L. since 1st. My son is also way behind in reading but is excelling in everything else. I have put a lot of money into outside reading and writing education. I have tried to help him at home, I have payed tutors, I have sent him to special reading academies. I am not a certified teacher and have not known what to do for him. We finally resorted to sending him to Sylvan which took all of our savings and then some. He ended up testing at the 2nd grade level. Also, we don't mind the math homework but I wish that he would come home understanding it. They send answer keys home but they don't show how they got to the answer. They are learning in a different way then we learned as a children. We can't help.

Posted October 10, 2008

I was there since the school first started and i was in 2nd grade transferring from a public school. i was there until 8th grade. it had to be good seeing that i lived about 30minutes away. The teachers are good and fine, but the disciplinary set-up was terrible. it seems as though the turn-over rate of teachers is high mainly due to the education set-up. i will admit that they did have me excelled in math but killed art electives. the lack of art killed it for me. also if the name for the separate learning class, which i was in, is still called the maturation chamber that is not right. so please when thinking of taking your kid to all don't think it will automatically make your kid smart. if you want them to actually to have the freedom to experiment with art related things try somewhere else.
—Submitted by a student

Posted June 23, 2008

ALL is the best school for those who care about education You will always have people who would prefer junk food to healthy one, noise to music, and mediocre education to an excellent one. I came to believe that most students who fail at ALL do so because of their parents. Let me give you some bits of factual information about this year: This school won the first prize in Algebra, in the Math Fair organized annually by Tucson High School, beating all other schools in Tucson, including the gifted schools. This school won the top prizes, in drama and poetry in Language Fair, organized by the University of Arizona, both in Chinese and Turkish. This school has more than 20 percent of its middle and high school students taking AP classes. That is, one in five students! This school received 6th place in Science Olympiad, in the State of Arizona just

Posted May 6, 2008

This school is amazing! Well it's great for parents who want to be involved in helping thier children become all that they can. The great thing about this school is that every student learns at their own pace, unlike a public school that has a certain amount af curriculum to cover in a certain amount of time. Student's don't just move forward until they understand the material. No one get's left behind. Another perk, My niece is going to China as a student ambassador for ALL.

Posted May 6, 2008

The school is fabulous and teaches students far more than they will learn from public schools. Transportation to and from school is clearly the parents responsiblity. If you as a parent do not feel there is adequet supervision after school is out then here is an idea: pick your child up on time and supervise them at home! if however you may not be there on time every day then teach your child to behave properly even when no body is watching, thats called being responsible for your own actions and its a skill many children these days lack. It is not the teachers fault your child behaves in an unruly/unsafe manner, its your childs fault. As the parent its your responibility to hold them accountable.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

31 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

31 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

20 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

20 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Excelling".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Male 51%N/A51%

Fax number
  • (520) 743-2417

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now