Posted January 06, 2014
My son started in K and it has been great. The teachers really care and want them to succeed. They expect accountability from the students as well as the teachers. Each student excels based on what they can handle. No one is left behind and they are expected to master subjects not just get a grade. My son has really learned and is far above what they are teaching in public school. I am so glad that I found this school for my son and feel that it will really prepare him for life. A great big gold star for the staff and teachers. They honestly care and spend the time with all the students to ensure success. This school does require parent participation in order for the student to succeed. You have to actively be involved with their homework (about a half hour) every night. The children that have the most problems with this school are the ones where their parents are not involved and have no idea what they are learning. I would recommend this school to every child whether they are a quick learner or a slow learner. Both types will succeed.

Posted November 04, 2013
My son is a Senior this year. He has gone to ALL since 1st grade. This has been a great school for him. No school is perfect, but ALL gets high marks from me in all the areas that really count. The core faculty and leadership take a personal interest in the students and are willing to invest long hours to ensure they receive the help they need with Science Olympiad, AP and SAT prep, navigating the college application process and their schoolwork. According to our experience, if a teacher is not invested in the students or does not meet quality standards, he or she is not kept on staff. Likewise, students are held to high academic and behavioral standards. Inappropriate behavior is addressed properly and promptly to ensure a positive environment where children can thrive. My son has had a wonderful academic career in a safe, respectful environment. I deeply appreciate the staff at ALL. I am very thankful for the exceptional education, mentoring and support my son has received. Soon, he will be headed for college, but like other ALL alumni, I'm sure he will stay in touch with the staff and find a way to contribute to the school's on-going success.

Posted August 23, 2013
ALL has been a great school for both my kids. They are excelling at their own pace, and are both far more advanced than their public school friends. The school has added a lot of activities this year, including band, a school garden, cheer leading, and Italian ! Our family wants our kids to go here until 12 grade.

Posted February 20, 2013
Both my children have been attending this school for the past 3 years. My son started in their pre-school program and my daughter started in the 5th grade. This is the BEST place for my kids. The school is comprised of 3 buildings; Pre-school, elementary, and secondary. There are about 200 kids in all that attend the school. All the kids know each other and support each other in their efforts. The teachers and administrators all go the extra mile to make sure the kids really LEARN the material. The teachers stay late, skip lunch, and attend extra-cirricular activities to support the kids. They give 1 on 1 instruction and encourage the older kids to mentor and tutor the younger kids. There are no cliques, bullying is not tolerated, and the quality of the education is fantastic! My daughter is involved in EVERYTHING. She is on student council, involved in Science Olympiad, and participates in the Chinese Exchange program. I could not ask for a better place to send my children to school. I am truly grateful for the administrators, teachers, and student body that educate and encourage my children everyday.

Accelerated Learning Laboratory 3

Posted January 09, 2013
This school has potential to be really great but lacks consistency & structure. There is a lot of turnover too so this ended up not being a good fit for our family.

Posted May 15, 2012
This school is fantastic. For this school to be a good fit, your child must exhibit a strong desire to learn and be highly motivated. The school teaches to the level of the student, not the lowest common denominator. The school expects studious behavior from the children and rewards the children with dedication and unlimited involvement. The best school in Tucson if your child wants to learn.

Accelerated Learning Laboratory 1

Posted June 20, 2011
My son finished his first year in this school but does not return next year. The first grade and kindergarten teachers are very good. But the school has some problems to be solved. Safety is the first, children play in the playground and no have any kind of fence to protect them from going outside the area. Cleanliness is the second, many children develop asthma, brinquitis, pneumonia and strep throat during the past year in school, the school would not listen to parents and some parents had to clean their child's classroom because the school does not heeded the complaints. The backpacks and lunchboxes are thrown around the yard and in the halls you can not walk because they are all lying on the floor. The only thing that consentran is that the child memorize math and geography, have no interest in that child has a class reading or writing and that many are far behind many children and parents have to pay tutors to teach them to read and write. On the other hand the administration and you will never see the person who is to replace the principal has no education in human relations. Only known shout, to make people feel bad and that includes students.

Posted May 26, 2011
I have two Boys in this school. I love the accountability that they put on the kids they are great partners with parents. This is not a school for parents that want to let there kids just get by. Although there is a lot of memorization when the kids get to upper levels of work they have got to know what they have learned. The school doesn't hide the fact that they are a curriculum based school nor do they promise Art projects. The reason why the kids come home on the dirty side is because they allow them to play like kids. I have sat through recess many times watching the different grades interact and play well together. They dig in the rocks search out bugs and many other things including kick ball. The kids play hard because they work hard. My 2nd grader that was coming from another school extremely behind in all subjects has really shined at this school. He is responding very well to the accountability and knows that hard work pays off. I'm proud to say that my kids go to this school. It was an adjustment at first for homework but now we have our schedule and it works well. I'm excited to continue with this school next year and many more years.

Accelerated Learning Laboratory 2

Posted May 24, 2011
This school is not as great as many people think it is. I gave it two stars because my child did learn something. She learned how to memorize! Kids get one sheet with several math problems and they work on that sheet until they can "Master ' it. I say "Memorize" it. They also get these sheets for Geography. Now they have implemented a new requirement for children, regardless of grade. They must "Memorize" three of those sheets in a week in order to get an "A" grade. As a parent, get ready to work your rear off, after work, helping your child "Memorize" these sheets. Also, this scholl is very dirty! it seems like more and more kids are having respiratory issues like bronchitris and asthma. Kids are always sick in this school. They need to work on cleanliness in this school. Book bags and jackets are just thrown on the classroom floor because there is no where else to store them. This school seems to be more concerned with numbers than with the children. I will be rescuing my child from this "School". She will not return for 2011-2012.

Accelerated Learning Laboratory 3

Posted July 20, 2010
Much of the homework in the grade school consists of a 20 question sheet and an answer key. No study materials, no books, and no explanation of the answers. So, the easiest thing for the student to do is memorize the answer key answers without even looking at the questions. This homework is also the chapter test. They pass and move to the next level without having a real understanding of what they just tested for and passed. If only the tests were different from the answer keys that the students are given to memorize, some real learning might take place. Why not make that one simple change? It would make all the difference in the way the students study and learn the math and geography lessons. They would have to grasp the concepts and utilize them rather than just memorize answers in order. A Dissapointed Parent.

Accelerated Learning Laboratory
5245 North Camino De Oeste, Tucson, AZ  85745
Last modified Accelerated Learning Laboratory is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Accelerated Learning Laboratory Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 70 reviews.