Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Alice Vail, striving to be the low point of any educational experience, OR at the very least, the worst administrative experience you will ever have. The office staff is very rude, don't count on feeling welcomed here. Coming from Kellond Elementary school where the entire school is cheerful and wraps you in a sense of welcome, it was a culture shock to walk into a building and feel as if I should be going elsewhere. This is exactly what I did. I registered my daughter for 6th grade and received her schedule with missing teachers. The explanation? They don't yet know who it's going to be...two days before school started. I ask about lockers, not doing lockers this year -- too many kids, not enough lockers to go around. I asked about an open house because my daughter is new to the school and middle school -- "we don't do open houses." May I walk her around the school right now to get her familiarized with the room numbers -- "sure knock yourself out." I begin walking her around and explaining what I THINK the flow for the day might be based on the paper. Find the cafeteria, find the classrooms and as I am doing this I pass a classroom with what I am assuming is a group of teachers talking about how bad this year is going to be and how things are a mess. At that point I am done. I have not had expierence with the curriculum at this school. I don't want it after the administrative nightmare I just went through. I got the feeling my child is just another head to count for funding.

Develops character: Neutral

I have not had enough expiernce to know as I have willfully elected to withdraw my student from Vail Middle School.

My child attended this school since 2011 and from the time he started to when he finished, Alice Vail Middle School went from being a spectacular school to absolutely mediocre. Not only did budget cuts effect the school, but the leadership of the new 2013-14 principal was the worst I have seen. There were problems I had attempted to speak to the principal with multiple times and I was actually turned down and run away from. My child and I can agree that about 75% of teachers were supportive and good at what they did. However, they were not allowed to work to their full potential because of nonsensical limitations set by this principal. The environment was hostile during the 2013-14 school year and no progress was made whatsoever. The way this school was lead was not acceptable at all.

My daughter loves going to this school but I wish they offered more after school programs other than sports.

This school was really great when I went to it I'm a sophomore I'm high school now an vail I miss so much you always heard what was going on in the school

A good school overall but, the changes in the extra circular this year are not so great. This student is actually repeating work done in an advanced class last year, I know overall this is not the schools fault but I do wish that the budget cuts in our schools would end. Makes for a long day for our kids when there is no fun activities to break up their days! Overall good teachers and this student enjoys the academic challenges.

My son attends Alice Vail and I couldn't be happier! The principal is awesome!! He makes it a point to know every child's name. The teachers truly care about their students. The grounds are kept clean. I know my child is getting a quality education and is safe and happy here. The newly formed PTSA is getting involved and really getting Alice Vail involved in the community. I am proud to recommend this school!

I believe there is a new Principle here. We encountered a situation this year and it was handled promptly, professionally and effectively by the Principle. The PTC has started back up this year. The school seems to be free from violence. We are happy with this school.god d

This is a good school. It has a ton of electives which is unusual in Tucson these days.

Overall, a good school. My kid is in the GATE program but has friends in both GATE & non-GATE classes. We had a "situation" this year that was not handled properly by the vice-principal. Frankly, he does not know what he is doing. This is my personal experience & opinion. The principal is rarely around & seems to "hide out", away from parents. If he does show up to an event, he is there for about 5 minutes, says something, and then takes off as soon as he can escape! I even had a teacher tell me that she is just biding time until she can retire in a few years. 6th grade GATE is terrific. It is taught in 'blocks' & the kids really are immersed in the subject matter. I like& appreciate most of the teachers I have dealt with at this school, so far. Leadership is lacking.

Last modified Alice Vail Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.