Bad
Good

Alice Vail Middle School 1

Posted June 22, 2014
My child attended this school since 2011 and from the time he started to when he finished, Alice Vail Middle School went from being a spectacular school to absolutely mediocre. Not only did budget cuts effect the school, but the leadership of the new 2013-14 principal was the worst I have seen. There were problems I had attempted to speak to the principal with multiple times and I was actually turned down and run away from. My child and I can agree that about 75% of teachers were supportive and good at what they did. However, they were not allowed to work to their full potential because of nonsensical limitations set by this principal. The environment was hostile during the 2013-14 school year and no progress was made whatsoever. The way this school was lead was not acceptable at all.

Alice Vail Middle School 3

Posted October 13, 2013
My daughter loves going to this school but I wish they offered more after school programs other than sports.

Posted October 09, 2013
This school was really great when I went to it I'm a sophomore I'm high school now an vail I miss so much you always heard what was going on in the school

Posted September 26, 2013
A good school overall but, the changes in the extra circular this year are not so great. This student is actually repeating work done in an advanced class last year, I know overall this is not the schools fault but I do wish that the budget cuts in our schools would end. Makes for a long day for our kids when there is no fun activities to break up their days! Overall good teachers and this student enjoys the academic challenges.

Posted October 26, 2012
My son attends Alice Vail and I couldn't be happier! The principal is awesome!! He makes it a point to know every child's name. The teachers truly care about their students. The grounds are kept clean. I know my child is getting a quality education and is safe and happy here. The newly formed PTSA is getting involved and really getting Alice Vail involved in the community. I am proud to recommend this school!

Posted August 30, 2012
I believe there is a new Principle here. We encountered a situation this year and it was handled promptly, professionally and effectively by the Principle. The PTC has started back up this year. The school seems to be free from violence. We are happy with this school.god d

Posted June 29, 2010
This is a good school. It has a ton of electives which is unusual in Tucson these days.

Alice Vail Middle School 3

Posted May 26, 2010
Overall, a good school. My kid is in the GATE program but has friends in both GATE & non-GATE classes. We had a "situation" this year that was not handled properly by the vice-principal. Frankly, he does not know what he is doing. This is my personal experience & opinion. The principal is rarely around & seems to "hide out", away from parents. If he does show up to an event, he is there for about 5 minutes, says something, and then takes off as soon as he can escape! I even had a teacher tell me that she is just biding time until she can retire in a few years. 6th grade GATE is terrific. It is taught in 'blocks' & the kids really are immersed in the subject matter. I like& appreciate most of the teachers I have dealt with at this school, so far. Leadership is lacking.

Posted May 27, 2009
It is a great school. The teachers try hard to get through to students. My son loves all the extra fun subjects, the GATE program is academic but balanced. Many of those students want to go to UHS. The food is good, my son likes it. The rules are clear and counsellors follow through on problem solving. A word to all parents...supervise your student, they need it more than you think, go over the rules and talk about acceptable behavior!

Alice Vail Middle School

Posted March 14, 2009
Alice Vail is a great school. I went there my 6th grade year. the teachers are helpful and actually care. the lunch is great!!!

Alice Vail Middle School
5350 East 16th St, Tucson, AZ  85711
Last modified Alice Vail Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.