9-12 & Ungraded
Tucson, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,249
Before care: Yes

Posted August 29, 2014
My sophomore twins are new to Amphi High this year. The principal is amazing. He is truly at Amphi High because he cares for the education of each and every student. The Cambridge Academy program is of the highest quality with teachers that are highly qualified and dedicated to the children. My children are being challenged every day. The current students have welcomed my children with open arms. I am gushing with positive things to say about Amphi High. Keep up the good work.

Amphitheater High School 1

Posted April 16, 2014
the worst school ever, because the teachers are bad, and the councils are useless they don't help you. If I was you I won't recommend this school.

Posted December 15, 2013
This school has change a lot In the last couple of years, they had some improvements done around the school like their restrooms and the principal and teachers had put a lot of effort to make Amphi high a better school they care about the students and want them to succeed but like every other school their is always students that don't care and have no discipline in their homes and if there's no discipline home of course no discipline at school but still trying to help them. Staff will help on anything they can and their programs, club's and clases are lot better now than years before. So Amphi is not a bad school it's up to the student's to make it better..

Posted November 20, 2013
My school cannot be better. I have been given opportunities never imagined before. as Student Body President I try to give everyone the support that was once given to me.

Amphitheater High School 2

Posted June 28, 2013
Some great teachers, working hard amidst continual budget cuts which hit Title I schools harder. Not an easy school to manage, partly due to having so much geographic territory to cover, but when I taught here I was not treated well by management and there were a few bad apples among teachers. I wasn't micromanaged, just given no guidance whatsoever, treated rudely or ignored, and given zero feedback. Other teachers in my department could be very supportive but there was some infighting and weird politics. There have a couple of scandals involving AHS in the newspaper and I'm not surprised. Has the reputation of good athletics and arts programs, due to talented teachers. Maybe administration has improved since I was there, but at the time the lack of professionalism was alarming - in groups among the administrators and teachers, if you can believe it.

Posted April 20, 2012
Loved it...received the best education here! Great teachers! Great educational experience! Great programs and clubs!!

Amphitheater High School 4

Posted February 25, 2011
Amphi may not be the best school in the state, but we could be. Yes our test scores are low yet that's not because of teachers giving up on students its because of students not caring. This year now that aims are a week away teachers are trying to help the sophomore more then ever. With extra help like practice test and a strong support system i believe Amphi could get better scores. Our parent involvement is low but that's not the parents fault again it comes back on the students who don't care. If you go to anyone of our sporting events you will see a huge amount of parents and students who do care about Amphi, our students, and our teachers. We may not be the best now but we will be in a few years.

Amphitheater High School 4

Posted January 14, 2011
Amphi is just like any other school out there, they have drama, "boring" teachers, and groups . Really, Amphi is one of the best schools Ive been to, teachers honestly do care if you care. Its not all about having the best computers and technology in the district . Scores may have gone down a bit, but that's only because our students, YOUR children, have given up and stopped caring. I'm a junior now and have been coming to Amphi all three years now, and when i didn't feel so confident about taking aims, I told my 10th grade English teacher, and she broke things down a little bit for me to understand. I'm one of the youngest people in my class and I have passed all three aims tests with a 710+. I can honestly say we have great teachers here ! * And they have updated bathrooms :)

Posted July 14, 2009

Posted May 12, 2009
The Career and Technical programs at Amphi are top-notch. Although the enrollment has decreased over the years, the programs that remain are very good. the teachers truly care about the students, and their future.

Amphitheater High School
125 W Yavapai Road, Tucson, AZ  85705
Last modified Amphitheater High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Amphitheater High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top