6-8 & Ungraded
Tucson, AZ

Posted November 10, 2014
Due to the improvement of the school leadership at our campus, our focus is on strong academics rather than behavior. Our instruction is based on the Common Core Standards and we have very high expectations for our students. All schools deal with bullying and discipline, but AMS has seen far less of these issues and far more students success than ever before. Our school has changed so much. Before you judge us, please visit our campus and see how awesome we are!

Posted March 18, 2014
This really isn't a good school at all. Or at least that's how it was when I went there. No rules, no dress code, the students are disrespectful, and no one does anything about it. In fact, the monitors at that school strived to be "cool." No one ever got in trouble for anything, and there was a huge problem with bullying that no one ever addressed. The kids are just wholly disrespectful, for the most part. Especially the 6th and 7th graders. I wouldn't recommend this school. Things might have changed since I went (I didn't graduate too long ago) but my experience there has tainted this review. I would say go to a different school, and preferably not a public school. I go to a private school now and nothing they taught me there helped me at all. They didn't even teach us how to use a computer, and people put so much emphasis I on technology these days. To keep this short, unless you must positively go here, pick a different school. You won't regret it. There is so much more I would like to say, but I cannot due to the character limit.

Posted December 15, 2011
Hello, I was a student at Amphi Middle this year and I must say, in my opinion, this school lacks everthing it once had. Explaining to people that Im in Amphi was one thing, that got them started on, "Oh, I was in Amphi when I was your age! Great school!" Well, NO. Let's start with Excellent Teachers. No. Several teachers there were irritable/complaining about their job/life. It was very distracting. Principal/School Leadership was LACKED. It was LED by the students. And forbid a substitute teacher was in, the students became out of control and undisaplined. For the last, challenging academin programs, it's not a challenging school at all. Amphi focuses on the sports department instead of acadmic programs.

Posted November 15, 2009

Amphitheater Middle School 0

Posted April 16, 2009
This school focuses on more of the behaivor than the studies. I go to the school and I'm a seventh grader and it's my first year. I really can't stand this school because of bullying and the classes. On my M.A.P score in reading I recieved a high score that showed i should Not have reading as one of my classes but there I am every day five days a week in reading. If you're a parent reading this and you want the BEST for your child DON'T consider this school. There are WAYYYYY better schools than this one.

Amphitheater Middle School 0

Posted March 15, 2009
i am in enrolled in this school now. Iam a 8th grader and this school is a great school if you have a will to learn.

Posted January 18, 2009

Posted January 15, 2009

Posted April 23, 2008

Posted January 21, 2006
As my son in enrolled at this school for now, i am truely mortified of the lack of leadership and parent involvment, little lone the lack of safety and disipline from the principle on down to the school's security monitor. This school has no clue of the 'no bullying act' even when something is seen, not one adult or monitor will do anything to fix the problem. I think their motto is... 'Always turn your head the other way.' The school administrators act like they dont want to get involved since it will create them actually having to do something besides collecting a paycheck. So if you want your child to be a slacker, enroll them into this school. Otherwise find a better school then this one, because i am!

Amphitheater Middle School
315 East Prince Road, Tucson, AZ  85705
Last modified Amphitheater Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Amphitheater Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top