Bad
Good

We moved into the Kellond neighborhood in 2005 and started out daughter in kindergarten. She is in 5th grade this year and her little sister is now working her way through Kellond. We have been lucky to find such a great school, with positive leadership and wonderful teachers. We love the fine arts program, the afterschool clubs and the track team. The parent teacher organization has made us feel apart of the school and we enjoy the sock hop family social every year.

Kellond has a very calm atmosphere for the kids to learn in. The teachers are helpful, creative and work in the interest of each child. I highly recommend this school. My child is the 3rd grade gate program and comes home excited about what she is learning.

Bullying problem reported to school constantly with zero school reaction to it. They refuse to address the bullies directly and instead choose to make it harder on victims. Glad its almost over and on to new school next year. Worst bullying I have seen and yet school does not even speak to us. Sweep it away, let the victim cry. School deserves an F... deitz was better school in this area, don't let ratings fool you!

I can't say enough good things about Kellond. In the past few years, under the direction of Scoot Hagerman, Kellond has gone from a C to an A school. The extracurricular offerings here are stellar, including OMA Gold, Band, Orchestra, Choir, Drama, Basketball, Cross Country, Chess Club and others. The campus is about to undergo a beautiful transformation with Cats in the Community beautifying the inner courtyards. The PTO is very involved. Kellond also is one of the few schools in town with self-contained GATE. The teachers and staff and wonderful. Highly recommend!!

Kellond has amazing teachers and a great office staff as well as PTO. I am happy my children go to such a great school.

I have been involved in the capacity of grand parent to two Kellond students since 2008 from preschool to 4th grade. I have watched the school grow with the addition of Rogers Elementary students and more this year 2013 and a change of principals. The OMA way is working and management, kindness and discipline are impressive. Our grand daughters are comfortable, challenged and will be ready for middle school.

This is our first year at Kellond in the GATE program, and thus far we love it. After Corbett closed, Kellond was chosen for the east side GATE program. Our child had been at another TUSD school with few GATE students, period (they all eventually left). We knew Kellond was a great fit when we heard the classical music being piped into the hallways! The PTA is fantastic, with a core group of parents who have fund-raisers and events totally organized, and the student-body is a great mix of kids. Our child is thriving in a way he couldn't before. We love his teacher. And, this year, it was rated an "A" school.

I am a parent and a teacher and I can not say enough about the how special this school is. I have taught at Kellond for 8 years now and during that time, the school has undergone some incredible changes. The entire school has embraced the Ben's Bells Kindness program and it has made a positive impact on the students and teachers. The school has weekly all school assemblies, where the staff and students gather together, increasing the sense of community. The office staff, teachers, principal and learning support coordinator are incredibly welcoming and approachable. They truly have every child's best interests in mind and make an effort to know each student personally. The parent community is highly involved, with P.T.O. fundraisers bringing major improvements to the school, such as shade structures on the playground. Kellond is an OMA Mentor school, so every student receives and extensive Arts integrated based education. Kellond has an extensive library, two beautiful playgrounds, a computer lab, before and afterschool program, preschool, an active student council, special education services, extra curricular activities such as drama, track and choir, and next year GATE.

My daughter is attending this school currently. She is in the first grade. I was concerned at the first two weeks of school because it seemed that my daughter was only going over things she learned last year and not learning anything new. After a few weeks, I began to notice my daughter learning so much about our history, government, ecoscystems, wildlife, grammar, math (especially word problems). Her reading skills is improving each day. We do practice with her at home and discuss what she is enjoying. I think the teachers she had in the last two years are excellent and they really encourage the kids and they do make learning fun.

After Rogers Elementary School merged with Kellond Elementary this year, I was unsure how my children would make the transition. It's been a surprisingly good experience with the merger going off without a hitch. We gained a whole new group of friends. The school is an OMA school, which means it has a great music and arts program. The principal Mrs. Gallegos is very involved and accessible to both students and parents. It's a good school and does its best do defy the lukewarm reputation TUSD seems to have in the public eye.

Last modified Annie Kellond Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.