PK-5 & Ungraded
Tucson, AZ

Blenman Elementary School 3

Posted January 06, 2015
The teachers at Blenman are wonderful! They work hard to help their students as best they can with the resources they have. I've had 3 children go here, and my only complaints are the principal and the fact that they can't retain teachers. The teaching staff has totally changed in the last couple of years, and I blame i on The principal who doesn't stand behind her staff. My son got hurt in the bus bf be never contacted me about the incident, didn't even bother to ask how he was doing. I sent an email voicing my concerns and she deleted it without reading it. I am appalled by her actions and only wants people to hear what she has to say, and doesn't want or receive any feedback . How can your school flourish without listening to those who have an investment in their child at your school? Truly saddened by her actions, and get inability to lead by example.

Blenman Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
My grandson goes to Blenman. As a retired teacher of 38 years I very much appreciate what his teachers there have done to help him. When he transferred to Blenman he was behind do to a poor reading program at his previous school. He is now on grade level and meeting state standards. THANK YOU AWESOME TEACHERS!!!

Blenman Elementary School 4

Posted April 17, 2014
Everybody has their opinion..tell me 1 school anywhere that has everything organized.. I realize that some teachers don't care as much as others but I've had nothing but good experiences with Blenman..Yes I'm not exactly fond of the principal..I believe she is very fake but I do love my children's teachers and the other office staff..Blenman has a lot of children in the poverty level attending and I believe they do the best they can with what they have..I'm very happy with my decision with leaving my children at Blenman and feel sorry for whomever has had a bad experience..

Blenman Elementary School 2

Posted October 15, 2013
The school doesent have trays for the students to eat on,they dont give them forks or spoons to eat your breakfast with,only if u get a yogurt!! They give pancakes n syrup but make them eat with theyre hands,i asked for a fork for my daughter so she could eat her pancake and the lunch lady acted like it was a problem and finally gave me a spoon. The tables are dirty at the beginging of breakfast every morning which means it was there from the day before!!we have 3 girls who go to blenman and I dont want my kids eating off dirty tables,messy foods with nothing to eat with and the orinciple acts as if she could care less! Ive asked the lunch ladies for utensils and if They were bring trays back more than once,all i get is "they have paper bags to eat theyre food on" and a spoon with an attitude for asking everytime!! That is not how i want my kids to have to eat at school, dirty tables,no utensils or trays thats gotta be a health hazard!!!

Posted May 15, 2013
I do NOT recommend Blenman to anyone. You know the saying of what rolls downhill?....It all starts with Ms. DeSalvo the Principal (by title). The School as a whole is very unorganized, and it seems that the majority of the teachers are clueless when it comes to dealing with children, from yelling at them in an unprofessional manner, to allowing them to run amuck. I have witnessed teachers grabbing other students by the arm to get their attention. When the final bell rings, it is a free for all with kids running out of their classrooms, and down the halls, zipping right past silent teachers who dont seem to care. As far as security, there is not much. Parents can roam the campus in the morning, and after 3pm. I do not feel safe with my child in the hallway, with who we assume are parents.How do we know who is a parent and who is there for other reasons? All in all, avoid Blenman. Run as fast as you can. (Dont worry, no one will stop you in the halls).

Posted September 28, 2011
I attended Blenman when I was in kindergarten and I was unhappy with it then, they didnt teach me how to spell my last name. Now as a parent I was very aprehensive on sending my child there. She went for second grade and the very firs day they put her in the wrong grade, 1st grade, so i got the fixed the next day she was in a 2nd grade class where the teacher extremly over weight sat down on a chair, threw the luch cards all over the floor and made the children crawl around on the floor to find their cards, like animals, the thrid day was the same thing, needless to say, that was the last day at that school. I dont recommend Davidson elementary either.

Posted September 27, 2011
Ms. Desalvo is a very unorganized principal. She should not be the principal next year. She organizes award assembly and then only awards the students she likes. You take her the data and as an unprofessional leader of our children she refuses to write my daughter an apology letter for her neglegence of being an organized principal. Yet, this is the leadership we want our children to follow. No wonder why this school has low grade levels. There leader cant even honor them in an assembly they invite them too.

Posted February 24, 2010
I'm not happy with this school what so ever. And I went there as a kid and loved it. not so good for my daughter.

Posted February 22, 2010
Sad to see the kids are never outside for recess or PE. Unacceptable.

Blenman Elementary School 5

Posted October 03, 2009
I've never jet such hard-working teachers.They are totally dedicated to their students, going above and beyond the call of duty.

Blenman Elementary School
1695 N. Country Club, Tucson, AZ  85716
Last modified Blenman Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blenman Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top