PK-5 & Ungraded
Tucson, AZ

Blenman Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
My grandson goes to Blenman. As a retired teacher of 38 years I very much appreciate what his teachers there have done to help him. When he transferred to Blenman he was behind do to a poor reading program at his previous school. He is now on grade level and meeting state standards. THANK YOU AWESOME TEACHERS!!!

Blenman Elementary School 4

Posted April 17, 2014
Everybody has their opinion..tell me 1 school anywhere that has everything organized.. I realize that some teachers don't care as much as others but I've had nothing but good experiences with Blenman..Yes I'm not exactly fond of the principal..I believe she is very fake but I do love my children's teachers and the other office staff..Blenman has a lot of children in the poverty level attending and I believe they do the best they can with what they have..I'm very happy with my decision with leaving my children at Blenman and feel sorry for whomever has had a bad experience..

Blenman Elementary School 2

Posted October 15, 2013
The school doesent have trays for the students to eat on,they dont give them forks or spoons to eat your breakfast with,only if u get a yogurt!! They give pancakes n syrup but make them eat with theyre hands,i asked for a fork for my daughter so she could eat her pancake and the lunch lady acted like it was a problem and finally gave me a spoon. The tables are dirty at the beginging of breakfast every morning which means it was there from the day before!!we have 3 girls who go to blenman and I dont want my kids eating off dirty tables,messy foods with nothing to eat with and the orinciple acts as if she could care less! Ive asked the lunch ladies for utensils and if They were bring trays back more than once,all i get is "they have paper bags to eat theyre food on" and a spoon with an attitude for asking everytime!! That is not how i want my kids to have to eat at school, dirty tables,no utensils or trays thats gotta be a health hazard!!!

Posted May 15, 2013
I do NOT recommend Blenman to anyone. You know the saying of what rolls downhill?....It all starts with Ms. DeSalvo the Principal (by title). The School as a whole is very unorganized, and it seems that the majority of the teachers are clueless when it comes to dealing with children, from yelling at them in an unprofessional manner, to allowing them to run amuck. I have witnessed teachers grabbing other students by the arm to get their attention. When the final bell rings, it is a free for all with kids running out of their classrooms, and down the halls, zipping right past silent teachers who dont seem to care. As far as security, there is not much. Parents can roam the campus in the morning, and after 3pm. I do not feel safe with my child in the hallway, with who we assume are parents.How do we know who is a parent and who is there for other reasons? All in all, avoid Blenman. Run as fast as you can. (Dont worry, no one will stop you in the halls).

Posted September 28, 2011
I attended Blenman when I was in kindergarten and I was unhappy with it then, they didnt teach me how to spell my last name. Now as a parent I was very aprehensive on sending my child there. She went for second grade and the very firs day they put her in the wrong grade, 1st grade, so i got the fixed the next day she was in a 2nd grade class where the teacher extremly over weight sat down on a chair, threw the luch cards all over the floor and made the children crawl around on the floor to find their cards, like animals, the thrid day was the same thing, needless to say, that was the last day at that school. I dont recommend Davidson elementary either.

Posted September 27, 2011
Ms. Desalvo is a very unorganized principal. She should not be the principal next year. She organizes award assembly and then only awards the students she likes. You take her the data and as an unprofessional leader of our children she refuses to write my daughter an apology letter for her neglegence of being an organized principal. Yet, this is the leadership we want our children to follow. No wonder why this school has low grade levels. There leader cant even honor them in an assembly they invite them too.

Posted February 24, 2010
I'm not happy with this school what so ever. And I went there as a kid and loved it. not so good for my daughter.

Posted February 22, 2010
Sad to see the kids are never outside for recess or PE. Unacceptable.

Blenman Elementary School 5

Posted October 03, 2009
I've never jet such hard-working teachers.They are totally dedicated to their students, going above and beyond the call of duty.

Blenman Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Blenman Elementary is one of the most diverse school communities in Tucson. Blenman was built in the 1940's and was named after Judge Charles Blenman, an English attorney who sailed non-stop from Southampton around Cape Horn to San Francisco in 145 days; he settled in Tucson in 1893. His travels reflect the diversity of our school community. We have students and parents who speak over 17 languages and dialects! As a Structured English Immersion teacher, this can be challenging, but often I am the student. My students have so much to share and are so eager to learn about so much in the curriculum from rocks and minerals, to math story problems, and especially technology! We are extremely fortunate to have a Promethean Board in our classroom. However, our computer lab and the classroom have computers that are ten years old. How thrilling it would be to have a laptop with which to operate the Promethean Board, and have new computers that don't crash when my students are trying to write stories, do research, and play educational games with the latest plug-ins. Our Title One school does not always have the budget for such luxuries, but our principal has been very creative in trying to get the resources that our students need. I love Blenman, my nephew went here! We are such a unique place with very special people. The teachers care so much for our students. There is truly a sense of community in our school. Our global school should have an opportunity to learn with 21st century skills.

Blenman Elementary School
1695 N. Country Club, Tucson, AZ  85716
Last modified Blenman Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blenman Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top