Bad
Good

Bullying is an issue, but bullies never get suspended or expelled. Also they no longer let my elementary school child wait for my my middle school child to get out and walk home together. They want to force you to pay for their after school program instead. Kids are told they can't be in the playground waiting unless they are in this program. Now my elementary school child has to walk home alone when I'm at work because I can't afford their program.

Team work is what I think of when it comes to Booth-Fickett. This is my grandson's first year at Booth-Fickett and his teacher and the admin. have helped him to feel like he is the only studnet in the school. I can tell you by my past experience of raising sixteen children, I have never felt so relieved and comforted leaving my Grandson in the hands of competent educators. I see a future for my grandson. Anytime there is progress or problems I am notified as soon as possible. What else can I say about Booth-Fickett K-8 Math and Science Magnet School...many, many thanks.

I am the proud parent of a 4th and 6th grader, both of whom are proud to call Booth-Fickett "their school." They are both receiveing an excellent education and have increased their math and science skills tremendourly since transferring from a local charter school. In addition, we have noticed a postive increase in their self esteem. The teachers and staff go out of their way to make our entire family feel welcome, appreciated and valued. They often go above and beyond to make sure our children are recieng the help they need to be successful at school We are proud to be part of Booth-Fickett Magnet School.

We transferred our 3 children [grades 2, 5, and 8] from a local charter school and have been very happy with the education they are receiving. Their teachers made them feel welcome and helped make the transition a smooth one. The teachers are extremely dedicated and consistently go above and beyond. An example of this is the after school math tutoring. The teachers are always cheerful and helpful and seem to have an endless positive energy even though they have already put in a full day s work before they tutoring sessions begin. Another example is the recent Literacy with meaning family night. We went home with so many great ideas and a furthering sense of the dedication and caring that occurs every day at Booth-Fickett. Our kids love going to this school. Thank you!

reviews seem to depend on personal experience but I have had a good one. I have seen great things in the last few years and both my kids love the school, both the booth side and the fickett side. The principals always make time for you and are friendly...teachers have been great. I would recommend it to a friend for their kids.

As we are finishing the 2011 school year here at Booth Fickett I would not recommend this school. Booth and Fickett has really gone down hill with their students performance and behavior. There is a huge bullying problem Booth and it has carried over to Fickett. Fights everyday on both campus's. Kids curse like sailors. We have also noticed that the kids are extremely pregidous against white kids. The majority of school is african american and hispanic and white kids get bullied pretty bad. Principal is aware of the severity of the issue, but has not been able to get it under control.

Fickett for the most part is a good school. There is a lot of drama and constant fighting and some of the teachers are burnt out. A few teachers really help. The office staff doesn't check for I.D.. In the first 2 weeks of Janurary there was 13 fights, mostly girls and the principal changed suspension rules only to be set back and there is constant talk of who is going to fight who and who can fight. Fight to survive

the staff is great and gets things done in a timely manner

well i was a student there and that school its awsomee...!! i love everything in there the programs the teachers everything! Booth Fickett #1

After several years at Booth-Fickett I continue to be frustrated in the overall quality of the school. Good teachers most of the time, but the administration and office staff are hopeless. No follow-through, no responses to legitimate concerns, only putting out fires and providing lip service quickie responses. I tried to call the office about locked gates at the end of school, and nobody would respond. The principal wouldn't take calls. What is wrong with TUSD that this is allowed to continue.

Last modified Booth-Fickett Math/Science Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.