Bad
Good

My daughter is in kindergarten and we have been very happy with the school. She is always excited to go to school in the morning. She loves her teacher and has made lots of friends. Academically, she is making great progress in reading and math. The teacher is always coming up with fun and interesting projects to teach lessons, which keeps my daughter and the other students engaged. At Borton they have PE, music, art, outdoor education, and computers, so I feel like my daughter is getting a "whole child" approach, which is preferable to me compared to a school more strictly focused on academics. The daily morning assembly for the entire school is a wonderful way for the students to start the day (they all sing songs together and kids are recognized for acts of kindness) and feel part of a community. The school is very diverse, which is important to me. The after school program is also great and my daughter loves it. If you are looking for a school that emphasizes kindness and creativity while still having a strong academic foundation, I don't think there is a better school in Tucson.

My child has been at Borton since Kindergarten. Borton is an amazing and unique school when it comes to all of the extras they offer. They have music, art, physical education, and a lot of extras your typical public school does not offer. In terms of academics, my experience has not been so positive. I noticed there is an extreme in the effectiveness of the teachers. They are either highly effective or not so effective making it especially challenging for any parent who may have a child who has special needs or needs extra academic support. There was also turnover in the Principals in 2010 and 2011. The Principal who is there now has been there for almost three years, and taking into consideration all of the changes of adding grades 3 to 5, constuction, and the districts budget problems, I think things are starting to turn around. The socio-economic demographics of the school is also very interesting and can be somewhat "cliquish" making some parents feel very excluded. Overall, above average in all the extras and parent participation, average for academics, and varied averages for the effectiveness of teachers.

No academic focus. When my daughter transitioned into 3rd grade at her new school, she was really behind on her reading, writing, and math.

We absolutely LOVE Borton. It is a wonderful community where everyone knows my daughter's name and looks out for her. The teachers are top notch and I like the administration even more-- definitely a great school!

My daughter just finished Kindergarten and we love the school. If your child loves the arts and being creative then you will love this school. If you want a strict traditional school this will not the the place for you.

Very disappointed. Their academics are poorly enforced and their discipline standards are also very low.

This school is very progressive,cares about the students, gave all four of my children their greatest start in their successful lives and the staff and principal there are amazing.

I have had my daughter at Borton for 2 years. She and I both absolutely love this school. And they will hopefully be adding a 3rd grade! It is very nurturing and inclusive. If you can get in to this magnet school, do it! :)

this school is a wonderful pace to learn. this school and Tully elementary are the 2 best schools a parent can send their child

This is one of, if not the best school for young starters-you can tell just by walking in one classroom that there is extreme student involvement-and they enjoy learning. The whole enviornment of the school makes you happy the second you walk on the grounds. I strongly recommend this school-only down fall, it only goes to 2nd grade.

Last modified Borton Primary Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.