PK-5 & Ungraded
Tucson, AZ

Carrillo Intermediate Magnet School 1

Posted November 23, 2013
What happened to Principal Yvonne Ferreira? She is down here in Rio Rico and I would like some information about what happened to her. Why is she down here making our students and live less pleasant? It seems odd she drives about 80 miles each way everyday because she like it here. DUH.....Please answer anonymously if you need to.

Carrillo Intermediate Magnet School 3

Posted October 26, 2011
Ruben Diaz is no longer the school principal (the TUSD governing board moved him to a different school), and sadly, it shows. It really angers me that TUSD moves principals, especially excelling principals, out of the schools they've built up and replaces them with..... We used to see Diaz after school, regulating student / parent traffic, making sure no one crossed the street outside of the school crossing zone. Now it's a mad house when school lets out. I'd be interested to hear from other parents what they think of the school, now that it's had a different principal for the past two years.

Posted October 16, 2009

Carrillo Intermediate Magnet School 0

Posted October 10, 2009
Super staff and a great learning place for my child.

Posted August 26, 2008
My son is a kindergartener at Carrillo and he loves it! When we were touring schools to find out which school to send him to, the principal, Mr. Diaz, gave us a personal tour of the school. I was excited by his enthusiasm about the students and faculty at his school. He has so much pride in his school and in his faculty that it shows in everything the teachers do and in how the students are learning. The fact that he is involved with every aspect of the school lets me know that he will keep everyone on their toes and I am confident that my son will receive a great education.

Carrillo Intermediate Magnet School 0

Posted June 12, 2008
As the parent of a child with unique needs, I began researching schools in the Tucson area prior to our actual arrival there. The principal, Ruben Diaz has reached out and contacted me directly, offering support and encouragement. If the rest of the staff is as open and giving as this principal, I have no doubt our children will have a great elementary experience!

Posted May 31, 2008

Posted April 30, 2007
This year was a much better experience than last year. Her fourth grade teacher had twenty years experience and didn't do much for her. Yet, her fifth grade teacher, Mr. Sanchez is an excellent teacher, who holds his students responsible for their actions. My daughter has improved tremedously academically and socially. Carrillo is a good school because of Mr. Sanchez. We need more teachers who are caring and serious about their students education as Mr. Sanchez.

Carrillo Intermediate Magnet School 4

Posted April 22, 2007
We've had two of our children attend Carrillo and had a wonderful experience with the teachers and administration. The current Principal has wonderful leadership qualities and supports her staff 100%, which has created teamwork and dedication from her staff. A 5th grade teacher at Carrillo has helped our child gain confidence, self esteem, and excel behond her expectations. The school strives to get their parents to involve themselves in several of activities geared towards making Carrillo a better place. They have done a wonderful job with parent involvement. We feel safe while leaving our children in the care of Carrillo and know that the school is secure while in session. Carrillo continues to strive to keep test scores and standardized expectations from the district and state above average. Carrillo school is a wonderful place to take your children.

Carrillo Intermediate Magnet School 4

Posted April 17, 2007
Both of my sons attended Carrillo. My eldest I didn't have such a positive experience, although I realize he's not the most motivated individual. But I believe that's where teacher involvement comes in, just because you've been teaching for 20 something years doesn't mean you're good at it. He was just not pushed to his full potential. My younger son on the other hand had an outstanding 4th and 5th grade teacher Mr. Sanchez! Homework everynight in all 3 R's, consequences if it wasn't turned in, really making them accountable for their actions. It is with the help of Mr. Sanchez that I and my son feel well prepared to enter middle school and achieve academically. We need more Mr. Sanchez's in schools today.

Carrillo Intermediate Magnet School
440 S. Main Ave., Tucson, AZ  85701
Last modified Carrillo Intermediate Magnet School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carrillo Intermediate Magnet School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top