Tucson, AZ

Posted March 27, 2014
I loved centennial when I went there for 3 an a half yrs. I loved the teachers that I had. They were so nice. I loved my class mates as well.

Posted November 15, 2013
I love this school!! We are moving shortly and I hate the thought of leaving this amazing school. Teachers and staff are all great, I have yet to meet an individual I wouldn't invite to dinner.

Centennial Elementary School 4

Posted May 17, 2012
I have had both of my children attend this school, my older son from kindergarten through sixth grade. The teachers still remember him by name when we attend activities for my younger son. The majority of teachers have not changed since the children started attendance eight years ago. The children have the ability to play in band or orchestra with instruments provided at no cost to them. Many afterschool sports are offered throughout the year, again free of charge. They also offer afterschool reading and math clubs. With the consideration of the demographics of the area, Flowing Wells does a fantastic job in providing for its students. The district is small and has the ability to continue many programs other lower income schools have had to cut. My children have always been happy here and though the area at times leaves much to be desired the schools is one of the factors that keeps me living in the area.

Posted March 23, 2012
If you are considering this school or even the district DON'T. Save yourself the grief and the frustration. I have had 6 years of frustration with this poor performing school and district. There is a reason why Sonoran Science Academy has a huge waiting list as no parents that care about their kids are happy with this school district. If I could afford to put my child in private school I would. Dr. Patton, the principal, allowed the 6th grade to not be prepared for testing this year. They do not know the material for the aims test, there are huge behavioral issues, and the teacher turn over is high. These words come straight from Flowing Wells District Administrators. They need better administrators and leadership across the board as they are failing the children. RUN from this school district and stay away from it. If I could give this school and district a negative grade I would. It never used to be this bad either. The district has gone down hill in the last 7 years or so and its sad. You can not get parents to stand up as a group because most are too poor and just trying to to keep a roof over their head and food on the table. They don't have time to worry about the district.

Posted March 08, 2012
To the "happy" parent who posted in January 2012. What you describe isn't the Centennial Elementary I know of in Tucson. My child is also in Kindergarten and there are no numbers on their report card so not sure how other teachers do them differently. Maybe you got one of the good teachers because my child's teacher misses so many days they should not even be allowed to grade the students. Wait until your child gets in first grade I hear one teacher has no time to put the work packets together herself so she gives 6 year olds a bunch of staplers to "help" her out. That is accidents waiting to happen. This is for sure NOT the high standard school they claim to be.

Centennial Elementary School 4

Posted January 19, 2012
I have been happy with Centennial. My son just started Kindergarten and has been very happy there. I was worried about AZ schools since we just moved from Northern VA where the schools are top in the country. At first they started really slow and I thought WOW is this what the year is going to be? Now he is reading and starting to put together sentences. I guess if I have anything to say is I wish he was challenged more. He has received mostly 4's on his report card which is 'above benchmark" so I feel like the teacher should notice this and give harder assignments.

Centennial Elementary School 2

Posted September 20, 2011
So far in the first 6 weeks of school my child's teacher has missed at least 8 days of class. This has greatly affected my child who depends on some sort of routine and this is Kindergarten so she has not been in a full day of school in her life yet. The teacher couldn't even make it a point to show up for an important meeting that was scheduled 10 days in advance. Teachers here don't care about education. Can't wait to see if the teacher is even available for parent/teacher conferences. Probably won't show. So far this Centennial Elementary is not the "great" school everyone claims it to be. Its worse than the lower graded schools here in Tucson from my perspective. I for sure won't be sending my other child to this school. So sad, I had such high hopes of my children getting a great education.

Posted January 26, 2011
This school and its facilty are wonderful, They take a personal approach to each child as a individual learner and work with the family. they are involved in every aspect of child development and helping children cope with stressfull stiuations. I love this school. Both my children go to Centennial and while both are at different academic levels they are incouraged to thrive.

Centennial Elementary School 0

Posted April 20, 2010
My son has fallen behind and I feel it is because of the principal and the special ED department. We are looking to change schools. The security of the school is not well attended, in fact this year several of the younger students have gone through the fence and not noticed by the play ground attendant. There will not b e as mant attendants next year. (2010)

Posted September 18, 2006

Centennial Elementary School
2200 W Wetmore, Tucson, AZ  85705
Last modified Centennial Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Centennial Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top