Bad
Good

Chaparral Middle School 3

Posted October 04, 2008
New Principal and leadership. Good teachers. Low parent involvement. Would like to see more tech classes for students. My third kid at the school overall good.

Chaparral Middle School 3

Posted May 20, 2006
Chaparral does not listen to advice from parents and the student can not take things to school to help with what the parent is asking.

Chaparral Middle School 2

Posted May 05, 2006
Chaparral Middle School is lacking in teacher parent involvement. My child struggles and I don't find out about it until report card time. A little too late then. The push for diversity is not there. Hispanics are the majority, so the minorities are forgotten. My children see no color, but the school doesn't enforce the minority to teach acceptance. Their interpretation of 'no child left behind' leads to lack of accountability or responsibility on behalf of the student. I must give credit to the school counseling department for final identifying my childs needs and informing of programs they had available to help her. This has been a great step. But overall, I think the school needs dramatic changes.

Chaparral Middle School 5

Posted January 26, 2006
This is a good school, and the choice is an execlent selection, Great moral and this is coming from a past student... (Kenneth B)

Chaparral Middle School 1

Posted November 05, 2005
My daughter is in her third year at Chaparral Middle School. We put her in this school with high hopes, instead we were let down, tremendously. There is little to no teacher to parent communication. We repeatedly attempt to speak with teachers and the principal on many occaisions, at no avail. They ignore, procrastinate, and speak rudely to us as parents even after trusting them with our daughters' education for the past three years. We have regularly made attempts to communicate our feelings, and concerns with the faculty, but receive no help or consideration to our daughter. As parents, we are only trying to save you the tears and frustration we have already wasted. Now we are trying to light that 'fire' to learn,in our daughter again.thank you.

Chaparral Middle School

Posted October 15, 2002
I will like to see email being use as a tool of communication within parents and teachers. Today's schedule for work makes it hard to communicate on a regular basis, but getting a bi-weekly report of my kid at school when is not doing as expected by email will really help me keep on track and assist her on any school activity. Also reminders for conferences or activities that I could help on by email will be great.

Chaparral Middle School