Tucson, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,613

Cholla High Magnet School 1

Posted September 17, 2014
Cholla High is typical tusd. There are teachers that are illiterate, teaching these young people. Staff that make excuses instead of doing their jobs.

Cholla High Magnet School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
I have a freshman at Cholla High Magnet School. This was a choice school for us based on the academics, sports program and the band. We have been very satisfied with all areas of the school. The administration is always visible. The students are will behaved and seem to take pride in their school. The band program is excellent and the sports programs are improving. My son is doing the IB prep classes in Geometry, Biology and Spanish. I like the challenges it has provided to him as he is a former G.A.T.E. student who needs to be challenged to succeed.

Posted April 17, 2014
I am president of the Santa Rita Exchange Club of Tucson and our club honors high school seniors who have had to overcome great physical, emotional or social obstacles and is now eligible for high school graduation. We have honored six students from Sept 2013 through March 2014. On April 15, 2014 we honored Cholla High School Senior Melinda Cook as our ACE Student of the Year! Cholla HS Social Worker Craig Wunderlich has been beneficial in finding our club six wonderful students that have "Accepted the Challenge of Excellence" in achieving this award.

Posted October 08, 2013
Cholla is an amazing school. The I.B. program is amazing and so are the after school programs.

Posted August 13, 2013
This school really helped with my son, he joined a program called JROTC and came out a modeled citizen. I highly agree for parents to enroll there childern into Cholla for there JROTC program.

Cholla High Magnet School 4

Posted August 10, 2011
Both of my children are in the I.B. program and are also invouled in sports and other clubs. If I have any problems the Principal and his staff are always there to help. There is also a very active Parent team at the school . They are very involved with Cholla students and staff.

Posted August 10, 2011
This school has established a high standard of expectations for students, teachers, staff, administration and parents. The students have a safe environment to focus on their studies. There is great interaction and involvment between Administration, teachers and parents. The school has strong leadersip. The IB program is a challenging acedemic program and unique to Cholla. Cholla was our choice when searching for high schools and we are glad we made that decision. My student is now entering his Junior Year and participates in HIS school activities with pride.He is planning for college and a career in engineering with the help of his counelors and teachers.

Cholla High Magnet School 2

Posted December 16, 2010
Not at all happy. Don't send your child here if he doesn't do drugs or drink, the bullies will beat him up.

Posted October 13, 2010
Cholla is one of the few public schools that offers shop classes in welding and the classes are taught by an enthusiastic master welder.

Cholla High Magnet School

Posted March 22, 2010
As a student of Cholla myself, I would rate this high school as a 9 out of 10. Cholla offers so much to its students, but the only bad thing is that very little students or parents know about the offered programs. Some of the teachers don't even know about the programs, needless to say, commumication is a problem. But other than that, Cholla is a very respectable school and should be recognized as such. I love Cholla and would reccommend it to all students and parents, also because there are no 'clicks' or popularity groups of any kinds, my favorite thing about Cholla is that it is not a school that seggregates in any way. This is especially admirable considering we have the most diversity--race, ethnicity, gender, you name it, we've got it. And nobody makes an issue of it.

Cholla High Magnet School
2001 W. Starr Pass Blvd., Tucson, AZ  85713
Last modified Cholla High Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cholla High Magnet School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top