Posted April 17, 2014
from the reports that I hear from my granddaughters, it seems that this school takes an interest in the kids; One thing to be careful of--bullying. I did hear that one of the kids was being bullied by a few others and this cannot be tolerated, even for a second! It can lead to so many negative consequences. Please be aware of this--it was, I believe at the 3rd grade level---our girls are 1st and 2nd grade---thank you!

Copper Creek Elementary School 3

Posted September 04, 2013
My daughter just started kindergarten there. All staff are very nice and helpful but not the teacher. It seems like the teacher doesn't like my daughter. She is only been there one month and she says she is going to have to stay in kindergarten for another year! Seriously? What kind of teacher says that about a 5 year old, when she has 7 more months of school to go. My daughter does good at home and knows how to count 1-10 and most of the abcs . I just cant believe that she is giving up on her after four weeks, it shows how much she enjoys teaching!

Posted August 23, 2013
Copper Creek Elementary is a great school. Most of the staff are great and very friendly. There is a fantastic cop always on site who i have notice all the kids love. The only thing that really bug me is the way they raise money for the school. children asking people(who they know) for money... what happened to selling candy or bake sales? That was fun and educational. my son came home with a packet asking that he go ask people for donations. Grade A school....

Copper Creek Elementary School 4

Posted March 21, 2012
My son is currently in 2nd grade and has a wonderful teacher. I like the teachers some of them truly love what they do and it shows and others either due to budget cuts or home issues seem very unhappy. When I volunteer I have heard some pretty rude comments and yelling from teachers in the 2nd grade hallways. Something I never heard in kindergarten or 1st grade.I think with every school you can find a great teacher like Mrs. Hinz or a bad teacher. I think the school is great for children with no learning disabilities. not all but many of the teachers seem to want a robot child and are very quick to assume ADHD or Autism. I do like the staff and when I have had problems in the past the school principal was very quick to respond in a polite timely manner. I think the school curriculum is great! It seems to keep the children interesting and wanting to learn more. The AR (accelerated reading programs) that the school offers helps kids have a great feeling of accomplishment and worth. My son had one teacher that was a bit difficult and seemed to want robotic children then now having a wonderful teacher that is compassionate and caring it really does depend on the teach.

Posted May 05, 2010
Copper Creek Elementary is an exemplary display of quality teaching in a loving environment. In the wake of multiple budget cuts and teacher cuts, while businesses are receiving new tax breaks, I have seen high quality, caring teachers unwaveringly inspire,educate and expand the minds of our children. At the same time, I have also seen fantastic teachers who do not wish to retire, do so in order for others to maintain their employment. We all owe these teachers our gratitude, our thanks, a stable living wage, and an apology for those self absorbed individuals who display a complete lack of respect for the teaching profession.

Posted April 29, 2010
My child has been at Copper Creek for 4 years. The principal and front staff know each child and their parents by name. You are warmly greeted by everyone at school. Parents are welcomed and encouraged to be in the classroom anytime. The teachers work hard to help each student achieve their top potential and provide excellent communication with parents. The school makes great efforts to inform families of events and school news through email, notes home, and their website. Many teachers also have their own websites; but, some individual sites are not updated well. The PTO has creative and fun ideas to raise money for the kids without having too many fundraisers. My child has had 4 wonderful teachers and tests above grade level. Expectations are clear and discipline is fair. Art, Music and PE are taught weekly. Kids also attend the library regularly. My child is happy and thriving.

Posted November 03, 2009
Great teachers and support staff. The principal gets involved and knows the students. They work hard to meet the needs of all of their students including testing kids to see what helps them learn, providing retired teachers who volunteer for tutoring and keeping family involved by keeping them informed and welcoming the family into the classroom and on field trips.

Posted October 26, 2009
I love the fact that our children get private quality education on a public setting, all the teachers are top educated the principalis involved with everyday activities, the fron office personnel great customer service and what I enjoy the best is that every day my daugther woke up in a hurry to leave the house so she can be at school as early as possible! she loves going to school every day

Posted October 05, 2009
2 years ago we had to move out of the district. They had some pictures of my son that they wanted us to have, so one of the staff members brought it to his new school which was over an hour away. This is something awesome that you don't normally find in large city schools.

Copper Creek Elementary School 4

Posted November 20, 2008
I think there may be another Copper Creek and people are getting really mixed up. It is a woman principal, she is always there, the teachers are top notch, I never have heard one screaming either in a hallway or in a room. Also, the front staff is very helpful and there is no sign in the front that says, 'Attack Secretary'. I am guessing that these parents are having a bad time with their children and are blaming the school.

Copper Creek Elementary School
11620 N Copper Spring Trail, Tucson, AZ  85737
Last modified Copper Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Copper Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top