Bad
Good

We are a new transfer family to the middle school. I was nervous to be a mid-year transfer. On the first day I received a call from a teacher to tell me my child was fine but that after reading her work he wanted to put her in a more appropriate class. I was so happy to know that her abilities were recognized right from the get go. It gives me faith in the teachers that they would help a child to find the right learning environment. So far my child has not joined any groups but there are many opportunities for Odyssey of the Mind, trips to DC, Catalina Island, student orchestra, track and many more we don't yet know about. I feel we have many schools in the area that are good and with community and parent support they will stay that way.

Develops character: Agree

Our son has experienced no problems at Coronado. Their is a diverse group of students, but we think this is great. Sooner or later kids need to learn that no everyone they will have to work with will be exactly like them. Coronado provides this introduction in a respectful environment.

We recently moved to Oro Valley. Having heard some discouraging rumors about the school, we were very concerned about our sons attending. I ended up speaking with some of the teachers and staff at Coronado as part of my home buying research. Now that my older son is attending I am very happy we live in Coronado's boundaries. My son who came from a school were he was in an honors program is challenged and happy at Coronado. His teachers take a genuine interest in providing an engaging education. Not something that you find everywhere. These days it seems there are much more schools interested in teaching to the test, than in engaging the students. Keep up the great work Coronado.

Coronado is an excellent school. We have nothing but good things to say about the teachers. They have gone the extra mile to ensure my kids succeed.

Yay for Spring Break! I have a few free moments, something I never have during the school year. I have been teaching at MY school for almost 20 years. The staff, the students (past and present), and their parents are my family, and what a great family it is. The students are happy to be at school, and so is the staff. We work hard, and our efforts show. A Ben's Bells Be Kind mural will be installed before the school year ends because Coronado Cougars are Kind Kids. We have one more Tucson Symphony Orchestra concert next week; a quintet comes to play for our elementary students. My school campus is quiet, happy, clean, beautiful (grass, trees not usually found in the desert, flowers, cacti), and safe. Although I treasure my time away from school in order to spend time with my husband and son and to relax a bit, I look forward to greeting my students on Monday morning. I love being a teacher!

Coronado is a fantastic school. Our children have attended private faith-based schools, charter schools and Coronado. We've "been there, done that". I challenge anyone to find a school with more dedicated, passionate or invested teachers. Each teacher provides unparalleled enthusiasm to their students and maintains outstanding communication with the parents. The administration, specifically Mrs. Goodman, refers to my wife, son and I as "family". The staff understands balance while maintaining a challenging learning environment. Equally important is the manner in how matters of student conduct are addressed. The teachers and administrators alike do not tolerate poor citizens or bad behavior. We trust the education and wellbeing of our son to the thoughtful oversight of the staff of Coronado k-8, you should too. Lastly, remember to apply your tax credit each year to this school. Dollar for dollar, the best investment you'll make this year. The school needs funds and rightfully deserves it.

I was the type of parent who would only want my child to go to a school where the ratings were high. This is my son's first year here in 6th grade and I feel this school is above average. I am shocked that the rating is only a 6 for my son has only gone to 10 ratings schools and his teachers are outstanding and work with parents. I have dealt with Mr Ball and Mrs Goodman and find them both with outstanding listening skills and work with parents. The school is a safe place and if your child is "above" average (gosh, writing that is strange) they work that your child is not left behind in any way. We purchased a house .3 miles from this school so that he can continue here.

This is my daughter's first year at Coronado. Her teacher is amazing and we couldn't be happier with our experience with the school.

Thank you! Love Parent Portal! Love Coronado can t say enough great things about all of you Thanks for ALL that you do!

We are new to Coronado and Tucson. Coronado teachers, administrative, social workers, Jerry Maddock the Vice Principal have been extraordinary and we THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!

Last modified Coronado K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.