Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 13, 2015
Almost every teacher has been great at communicating and all are concerned about my children.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 13, 2015
Homework is given almost every day and is escalated from year to year. It seems to be just the right amount.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted June 13, 2015
It's their motto..."We are safe, we are respectful, we are responsible, and we have fun."

Posted June 13, 2015
Both of my children attend Coyote Trail and are getting a solid education with plenty of support. The principal, Mr. Johnson, is very involved and proactive in helping his staff provide great learning opportunities in a structured environment. I haven't always agreed with all teachers, but every one has provided my children with challenging assignments, projects, and activities. All teachers have been available and are clearly focused on helping children learn. They communicate with me and my children about expectations and provide valuable feedback. Front office staff and support staff are friendly and helpful. Transportation, after school programs and activities, school carnivals, gifted program, music, art, common core, leap program, PE, breakfast and lunch program, and the friendliest crosssing guard in the world. This is what model public education is supposed to look like.

Coyote Trail Elementary School 4

Posted May 15, 2015
Gorgeous, safe campus. Fantastic teachers. Amazing Parent Association. HORRIBLE, DANGEROUS parking lot behavior by parents. I'm appalled that the police haven't been called to see what goes on. SPEEDING in a school parking lot is unacceptable. I expected the administration to do ANYTHING about it but nothing. Safety is very important to my family and I'm very disgusted with the low level of parental thinking. You can tell a lot about people by how they behave in a school parking lot...

Posted August 05, 2014
Coyote Trail staff is amazing in their knowledge with children. My children really feel like they BELONG there. Mr. Johnson is actively in the classrooms, and around campus. I LOVE how involved the staff, including the secretary, Ms. Kay is in my children's school! I give this school an A plus plus!!

Coyote Trail Elementary School 1

Posted February 08, 2013
We bought a house in the area so our children could attend this school. They both only ended up going there for about a year. We have removed both our children for different reasons. Our youngest son was not being challenged enough academically. He was very bored in class and didn't like having to deal with the other children's antics. He continually reported that his school work was too easy. Our other son had some behavior issues and his teacher and the principal were not willing to work with us on changing the situation using positive means. The school expected us to tell him to act differently in class and that that should be sufficient in creating an immediate change in his behavior. Their discipline system is highly ineffective and we had little response or help from the principal even though we were willing to be involved and help in any way. It seems this school is only willing to serve certain children.

Posted August 29, 2008
When in college I spent a good deal of time observing in this school. It is extraordinary. The Principal and Vice Principal are involved, not only in discipline, but in positive reinforcement. The whole school is truly a big family. I have met some of the most phenomenal hard working teachers with the knowledge to effectively teach. The specials are excellent, and each child is shown they are important. I am not just sentimentally paying tribute to this school, it is one of the best schools I have ever had the privilege of visiting.

Posted February 26, 2008
I have had my kids at CT for three years now with several years left to go. I am very happy with the principal , vice principal and teachers. I and am also very involved in school activities. I do find it ironic that those who label a school unfriendly are 100% of the time those who refuse to volunteer to help. We could definitely use some more volunteers at this school - just contact any PTF member and they'll put you to work! As far as a past review of not being able to let their child walk to school - I think that probably wasn't wise at any time as CT is on a major road. Maybe OK for the older kids though? Bus system is great - always on time and efficient.

Posted December 21, 2007
Both of my kids excelled at this school. We had great communication with teachers & administration. The teachers & Principal were quick to respond to, and resolve any problems that we had. There was a high level of parent participation in school activities. Coyote Trail was a very positive experience for our family.

8000 N Silverbell Rd, Tucson, AZ  85743
Last modified Coyote Trail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coyote Trail Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top