Tucson, AZ
Before care: Yes

Coyote Trail Elementary School 1

Posted February 08, 2013
We bought a house in the area so our children could attend this school. They both only ended up going there for about a year. We have removed both our children for different reasons. Our youngest son was not being challenged enough academically. He was very bored in class and didn't like having to deal with the other children's antics. He continually reported that his school work was too easy. Our other son had some behavior issues and his teacher and the principal were not willing to work with us on changing the situation using positive means. The school expected us to tell him to act differently in class and that that should be sufficient in creating an immediate change in his behavior. Their discipline system is highly ineffective and we had little response or help from the principal even though we were willing to be involved and help in any way. It seems this school is only willing to serve certain children.

Posted August 03, 2009

Posted August 29, 2008
When in college I spent a good deal of time observing in this school. It is extraordinary. The Principal and Vice Principal are involved, not only in discipline, but in positive reinforcement. The whole school is truly a big family. I have met some of the most phenomenal hard working teachers with the knowledge to effectively teach. The specials are excellent, and each child is shown they are important. I am not just sentimentally paying tribute to this school, it is one of the best schools I have ever had the privilege of visiting.

Posted May 19, 2008

Posted February 26, 2008
I have had my kids at CT for three years now with several years left to go. I am very happy with the principal , vice principal and teachers. I and am also very involved in school activities. I do find it ironic that those who label a school unfriendly are 100% of the time those who refuse to volunteer to help. We could definitely use some more volunteers at this school - just contact any PTF member and they'll put you to work! As far as a past review of not being able to let their child walk to school - I think that probably wasn't wise at any time as CT is on a major road. Maybe OK for the older kids though? Bus system is great - always on time and efficient.

Posted December 21, 2007
Both of my kids excelled at this school. We had great communication with teachers & administration. The teachers & Principal were quick to respond to, and resolve any problems that we had. There was a high level of parent participation in school activities. Coyote Trail was a very positive experience for our family.

Coyote Trail Elementary School 3

Posted November 13, 2007
Two of my sons went to CT. One had an excellent time the other had problems. Mostly it was teacher issues as I am sure happens with most schools these days the teacher populations is as transient as the students. Overall a good experience. My grandson hasn't had it very good.

Coyote Trail Elementary School 2

Posted May 01, 2007
My child has been here 3 years. No problems until this year when I needed him to be evaluated for the possibility of Spec. Ed. School has a tutoring program, but of course it was full. This year's teacher was not sympathetic to child's needs at all. Communicated my concerns re: possible hostile learning environment to principal who was unresponsive. Principal did not return my telephone calls and refused to switch child's classroom. Recently received a letter that this district/school is not meeting adequate yearly progress as far as the AZ state standards. The best thing about this school is the Parks & Rec after school program - which is fantastic! However, my child will not be returning.

Coyote Trail Elementary School 3

Posted December 31, 2006
Our son went there for 1st and 2nd grade but we finally moved him to private. I found the teachers to be difficult to talk to as was the principle. The neighbor hood has become so busy and crowded it made walking to school dangerous. I would not recommend...don't believe the hype!

Coyote Trail Elementary School 2

Posted September 18, 2006
Our 7 year old attended first grade at Coyote Trails. This year we removed her and enrolled her instead at Twin Peaks. We were dissatisfied with the quality of instruction and the integrity of the principal. We found Twin Peaks to be much better in academic areas and quality of the administration.

Coyote Trail Elementary School
8000 N Silverbell Rd, Tucson, AZ  85743
Last modified Coyote Trail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coyote Trail Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top