PK-5 & Ungraded
Tucson, AZ

Posted October 28, 2014
My daughter has gone to Cragin since midway through first grade. She is now a fourth grade student. We transitioned into the public school system from a Waldorf school as we decided our daughter needed structure that her Waldorf school was not providing. Due to a difference in curriculums my daughter entered the last third of her 1st grade year very behind in reading and math. Through good communication and collaboration my daughter had major gains in these areas throughout 2nd and 3rd grade and is now having a wonderful 4th grade year. I have seen here academic and social confidence soar. I credit not only her hard work and that of our family, but also the Cragin teachers and support staff. They have been easy to communicate with and very helpful as we have sought to support our daughter at home. In a day and age where many parents view school as little more than childcare I believe teachers have a hard job in building relationships with kids who are short on manners and attention span and parents who have little time or interest in being involved. We are a proud Cragin family.

Posted October 20, 2014
This school is lacking simple things from Good administration to well trained teachers. Although they have got rid of previous principal, they still have low quality teachers who are rough with the students and lack basic human relationship. Teachers plot against each others. They care about themselves not our children. in order to improve the school, those bad apples like staff in front office and in classroom need to be removed. It is bad enough that the staff in front office keep posting comments here under parents to convince people they are really improving. That's bogus claim has to stop. You should be shamed of falsifying the truth.

Cragin Elementary School 3

Posted July 13, 2013
Cragin is a great school and it is only getting better. Cragin is a C+ school; only 6 points from a B. Also, the 2013-2014 school year for Cragin is going to be exciting because is going to be a visual and performance arts magnet school, has an all day pre-school, and has GATE cluster classes from kindergarten through 5th grade. The 2013-2014 school year is the planning year for the magnet school, but the school is planning to have a key board lab so that every child can learn to play the piano. Also, the school will have music, drama, art, and dance with dedicated teachers to teach those subjects. I don't know about you, but I want my student to go to Cragin because once the dance studio is built, and the key board lab is in place. Cragin will have a waiting list. Some people may be sad they took there children to a different school. The school used to be hostile, but the new principal has definitely made a different. Children are learning and I guess it shows.

Posted November 15, 2012
This school is horrible. They won't let the kids even play on the grass. Half the time they don't even make sure my son gets on the bus and i have to go pick him up. My son goes to gate classes because he is advance for his age and wants to be challenged but from what he tells me all they do in gate is play sudoku and other games. My son was punched in the mouth and they didn't even call me to tell me my kid was assaulted. Today when i picked him up i watched the monitor completely talk down to someone else's child because he was running to his parents. My son constantly complains how the teachers let other kids be distracting during class and how he can never concentrate on his work because the class room is so unruly. I could go on and on and on but its simply put this school is just no good.

Posted January 18, 2012
Due to having one monitor in the morning and lunch the kids cuss push spit and bully all the time. I brought up that issue at a teacher meeting and was told due to cut backs in the district that they could not afford monitors. It also felt like my child was a "tattle tale" when i mentioned the bullying and cussing and was told he should not worry about what others were doing. He is not allowed to cuss or hurt anyone and feels that he has no safe adult(monitor) to talk to when others cuss or hit him.

Posted July 12, 2010
This spring, I was fortunate to be able to do my student teaching at Cragin in a 5th grade classroom. I also got to work with a second grade teacher; both are wonderful teachers. I was able to see first hand how hard everyone at Cragin works for the kids. The counselors, the office staff, the custodians and the teachers all do such a wonderful job. The art teacher runs the OMA program, there is band, a science fair, there are family nights, there is a wonderful library, they go on fun/educational field trips; there are a lot of good things going on. The teacher I worked with and all the teachers really care about the kids and they work so hard; it is amazing how much they have to do everyday. It is a tough job. They are getting a new principal this summer so hopefully he or she will be as good as the previous principal. I am sure he or she will be. If I had kids, I would definitely be happy having them attend Cragin.

Posted August 06, 2009
I have two kids that will attended Cragin this year, and also attended last year and the year before. I am very satisfied with their school and their way of teaching. My daughter has improved so much in her speech classes. Both of my kids have even improved in their reading.

Posted July 25, 2009
this is a great school. it may be hard times what with budget cuts and things, but these teachers and administrators still work hard to provide a safe and happy environment where the kids can learn. my son was in grade K and his teacher was wonderful. she had an over-crowded class but was still able to maintain discipline and a warm heart at the same time. everyone here works hard and it's all for the children. there is open communication between parents, teachers, and admins. it's a shame I can't take these teachers with us as we are moving out of state! btw, that lock down was not 'dangerous'. I was there and I saw no 'scared' kids. it was never 'kept quiet'. just a precaution. I believe what we have here is an over-reactive parent.

Posted June 12, 2009

Posted January 20, 2009

Cragin Elementary School
2945 N. Tucson Blvd., Tucson, AZ  85716
Last modified Cragin Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cragin Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top