Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly agree

My daughter has mentioned a number of times about a VIP thing they do at lunch time. She says the class that gets the most points for being respectful, responsible, and reliable gets to be the VIPs for a day. Her teacher last year also chose her to go on a Saturday field trip with a small group of students to Ben's Bells because she demonstrated kindness. So it seems as though the school does develop these characteristics in students, in more than one way.

I don't know where the previous reviewer is getting their information from, but Arizona doesn't have a cap on how many students can be in a classroom, so it's up to each school or district to decide that I believe. There are quite a few staff members out on the field every day in the morning when I drop my daughter off for school, and I go in to help in her classroom once a week! My daughter's teacher is very helpful and seems to like having parents come in. The bus situation is pretty bad, which is why I ultimately had to switch her to parent pick up instead of riding the bus. The curriculum seems to be a bit all over the place, like the administration can't decide what they want to stick with. The school itself could use quite a bit of work, but overall the staff is very nice and welcoming.

This is one of the worst schools in Tucson. They have no teachers out on the field in the morning, children are not allowed in the building except for the cafeteria (in the morning). The school is not completely enclosed. They have WAY to many kids in 1 classroom, almost to the point where it could be illegal. They don't care about the children. When we enrolled him they did not give us a student handbook, no tour, and the teacher couldn't even tell us specific times of when class started and ended. When we finally did get a handbook it was from LAST YEAR. They do not have anything up to date and I doubt they ever will. They also do not allow parenta to obeserve on full days only on wed. Which is a half day. Also the busses are almost a half hour late picking and dropping the children off. I really think this school needs to be looked into by authorities and children should not be allowed to go until they have things under control.

The curriculum is very repetitive, causing my daughter to get bored. The teacher couldn't control the class so the entire class would be punished for one or two students misbehavior. They would send my daughter out through the front doors of the school unattended to walk alone around the side of the building to line up even though the bell would be ringing in the next 30 seconds. Three times I was called by the office to ask why my daughter was not in school even though I dropped her off myself and had waited in the front until she walked through the front doors. Talk about a panic attack due to their lack of organization. If you can avoid this school I would. I have never been so worried about the safety of my child or the lack of education she was receiving.

My son went to kindergarten here. While his teacher was great, the curriculum was less than stellar. The principal is not approachable and when you do speak with him he's demeaning. The kids were left outside one morning completely unattended due to an oversight by the administration. Needless to say we no longer attend this school, though it means a 20 minute drive out of the way.

I think that overall the school has done things to improve, but there is much to be desired! I would also appreciate a little more effort in checking to make sure the kids are in class.

Last modified Craycroft Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.