Davis Bilingual Magnet School 1

Posted May 19, 2014
VERY, VERY scary for ANY child to attend this school. I was looking for a school to send my son and I wanted to go look around the school & try to get a tour, I finally found my way to the entrance parking & I ran into a young boy that was outside ALL ALONE, I passed by him and then went back asked what he was doing there & he said that he was fixing words on the sign, well I was there with him for as long as 40 minutes just to see if someone would come out & ask if HE was ok or what I needed, but NO ONE EVER came out, not even a monitor!! Very scary situation as the main road is right there where he was. Told him if I was a bad person, I could have taken him already & no one would have noticed him gone. This kid was sooo small that I covered him with my car, as it's small as well! I ended up driving away, I called to speak to the principle & was not able to talk to her, asked for an asst. principle but I was told that they don't have 1. Have not been able to talk to no one about my concern. DON'T send your kids here as they send them out to do ADULT work ALONE and have no idea about them. Again VERY SCARY!!!

Posted January 07, 2014
I went to this school from K-5 and I loved it. I want my daughter to go here as soon as she's old enough. They have an excellent Mariachi group here and I always loved the school carnivals.

Posted May 23, 2012
Davis is an excellent school! Sra. Rivas and Carrasco are great teachers!!! Children who do not speak Spanish at all. Can and will learn in both languages. Also children do art & physical education. Plus lot of other programs like guitar, trumpet, violin. Plus tutoring! It's very safe place and to Oury neighbour hood center is close by recommend this school!

Posted February 07, 2011
Good school. Sadly though, school has serious dicipline issues--bullies go on without consequences. We will not be returning next year.

Davis Bilingual Magnet School 0

Posted July 04, 2009
After 15 years at Davis, we are sad to be leaving Davis Bilingual. All 4 of our children graduated from Davis. It is a wonderful community of learners. Davis produces well rounded students. The program focuses on each child becoming fluent in both English and Spanish. They have a strong focus on literacy in both languages. The after school program is second to none. The children are offered opportunities to learn mariachi (guitar, violin, trumpet) and to play in the Aguilitas de Davis. They offer folklorico, computers, chess club, a phenomenal art program, cooking, sports and more. We are proud to be part of the Davis community.

Posted March 27, 2009
We love Davis and so does our child. We don't speak Spanish but are so proud of the great work that Davis does. Our little one sounds like a native speaker! They are also very good in teaching math, science, geography and social science.

Posted August 03, 2008

Posted February 11, 2008
It's a real community between parents and staff. It's amazing to see how students can master two languages well!

Posted November 03, 2007
I recently graduated from davis and that school is the best school ever parents and students will love it outstanding teachers and a wonderful principle

Posted May 24, 2007
My child went to this school and graduated it is an outstanding school.

Davis Bilingual Magnet School
500 W. St. Mary's Rd., Tucson, AZ  85701
Last modified Davis Bilingual Magnet School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Davis Bilingual Magnet School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.