PK-5 & Ungraded
Tucson, AZ

Posted March 09, 2015
This is our first year at Dietz K-8. I have 4 children who attend. They have wonderful teachers who will work with me, and who I can always contact. The principal is a fun- loving woman who is very approachable and knows the children's names. I see her out and about working hard and trying to get to know people. This school feels like a family in a lot of ways. They have plenty of after-school activities, such as: track, Lego club, Bike club, tutoring etc...These teachers are volunteering their time and I hope that families appreciate it.

Posted June 25, 2009
This school as really supported my son. He was in second grade and his teacher spent time with him after school and also helped him to pick appropriate books to read. I can really see the growth and the understanding he has. I look forward to the third and fourth grade. I have heard my son talk about the teachers he wants to have.

Posted June 16, 2009
this school need more activities.

Posted September 16, 2007
It's like a big family, Teachers are great! 100% recommended.

Posted December 12, 2006
My wife teaches here and my youngest son attends this school. After school activities would be great - but there's no money for them. The school has arranged for YMCA activities after school - but the parents have to pay their child's way.

Posted March 31, 2006
It frustrates me because the school has very few programs/events in the evenings for kids to share with parents what they do in school. Most parents work and cannot come to the school during the day. According to the principal, teachers are, by contract, only required to come in the evening twice during a school year. So they have open house and the fine arts program at the end of the school year. That's it. No plays, no choir programs, no science demonstrations, no fundraising carnivals, no nothing. It is sad that none of the teachers will volunteer more nights during a school year. They do offer after school tutoring which is good, but only because they are a failing school. My child loves the school, I just wish they offered more extracurricular activities and things in the evenings that parents who work could attend.

Posted March 27, 2006
This is a friendly environment for children! Office staff and principal know children by name and say hello daily! My daughter has attended for k and 1st grades and loves it. Would like to see more feedback on the children and have a better idea of what is going on daily. Big emphasise on music participation and introduction to the arts.

Posted November 23, 2005
My child attended dietz last year and had an excellent teacher. The principal was hardly ever at the school... Always off campus at meetings. The weekly newsletter was nice, but it seemed like 1/2 of it was always about keeping the overall attendance rate up. Also, the class sizes are way too large... A problem throughout the district. Teachers shouldn't have to deal with so many behavior problems without the presence of a principal to back them up! too few adults with too many kids to keep track of...

Posted April 04, 2005
Very frustrating school because they do not reward excellence, they reward attendance. They never have opportunities in the evening for parents to come and see what their kids are doing. Most parents in the school have to work and cannot take time off during the day.

Posted March 29, 2005
This school has a very friendly and caring environment. The principal is always visible before and after school. She seems to know most of the children by name.

Dietz Elementary School
7575 E. Palma Street, Tucson, AZ  85710
Last modified Dietz Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dietz Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top