Doolen Middle School 5

Posted December 15, 2014
I am a parent of an eighth grader in Doolen GATE. If your child tests into GATE, visit some classes at Doolen. I think you will like what you see, and your child will likely enjoy their middle school experience. The GATE program is the best option within TUSD.

Doolen Middle School 4

Posted December 08, 2014
First of all, I have one child in the GATE program at the school, and have no experience with special education or general ed students or classes there. The GATE program is fantastic and is exactly what we felt our child needed for middle school. In 6th grade, the students had block scheduling, with 2 hours at a time for instruction. This made for a much easier transition year and students got to delve into project-based learning in depth. The 7th/8th grade GATE math and science teachers are academically rigorous and pushed students to be ready for UHS. The counselor is simply superb and most school communications come from her. There's been a lot of turnover of some teachers, due to retirements and changes in principals (which is kind of frequent for a middle school). We've been in TUSD magnet and gen ed schools in the past, and firmly believe the GATE program is the only way to go for middle school.

Posted August 02, 2014
Sorry I meant to put 1star or not any I am the parent who just posted about my autistic child . They should be ashamed about they behavior . Do not sen your child there if they are in a SPEC . ED class

Doolen Middle School 2

Posted January 26, 2014
I don't have a lot of great things to say about this school. I admit my daughter can be dramatic and strange but she gets picked on by the students enough, the teachers don't have to join in. We have gone to the school on 3 separate occasions to meet with staff and they never are available or follow up. My daughter does have a few teachers she really likes and some really good friends but if we have any options she will not be returning for 7th grade.

Posted October 08, 2013
I have problems with this school and they way the handle my child and not in a good way :( !

Posted October 24, 2012
I have not really been impressed with the 7th or 8th gate teachers. The really do not seem to care about the students. They do not keep up on grades, the lose students work that has been turned in. They are either over worked, unorganized or they just don't care. Which is sad, because they have bright students that work hard. The 6th grade gate teachers that my child had were so much better, but they have since left the school. As for the rest of the administration, there are not much better. There is bullying going on all the time and nothing seems to be taken care of. Students get their personal belongings stolen and the school does nothing about it. We haven't moved our child out of the school because we haven't heard anything better about other schools in the district. So we have had our child study martial arts in order to protect themselves.

Posted April 25, 2012
I have issue with this school and how they handle bullying. My child is bullied almost daily yet no one really deals with it. Even when there is physical bullying no one gets in trouble or suspended like district policy says they should. I am currently looking at removing my child before the next school year because I dont want her tortured any longer by horrible kids and a staff that just doesnt care.

Doolen Middle School 4

Posted February 16, 2012
I've been going in the Doolen GATE program for 7-8 and i wouldnt want to get anywhere else!! there is interaction between non-gate and GATE if you want to. it's really fun and most of the teachers are good. the enviorment's really easy to understand aswell. Some say its ghetto but school's only fun if you want it to be! So far, best school years ever!!

Doolen Middle School 5

Posted August 10, 2011
Being a student at Doolen MS was 3 of the greatest years I have had. That school has amazing teachers, and amazing people. I met some of my best friends there. <3 I actuallt just got promoted from there this year (2011). That school is amazing, regardless of what anyone says. The people are great, the teachers are nice, and they really try to push us into learning. You would be a very smart parent to send your child here to Doolen Middle School. :)

Doolen Middle School 2

Posted April 26, 2011
Great school but when I went to the open house a lot of the kids were getting into fights as in punching each other. I mean I like that it has cool extra curricular activities like Track and Field, Soccer and baseball. It just brings the smartness down!!!!

Doolen Middle School
2400 North Country Club Road, Tucson, AZ  85716
Last modified Doolen Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Doolen Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top