Public charter
Tucson, AZ
After care: No

Edge High School - Himmel Park 1

Posted October 17, 2014
I would highly recommend parents find a different school for your teen to attend. After having my teen there a few months and having met the "dean" of students on a couple of occasions I would rate this school sub-par. The "dean" seems to enjoy using intimidation and bullying with his students and the parents. They also have the parents fill out an NSLP form but do not provide any meals to the students. The teachers seem nice and try their best but the school work isn't preparing these kids for college or the job world. There are a lot of better options out there I urge parents to continue looking.

Posted June 03, 2014
I use to work for a Tucson agency that work with homeless youth which is where I first became aware of Edge High School. In that role I found the counselors and the principal to work tirelessly to meet the needs of the students I served. Moreover, the consistent communication with all staff at the school fostered a support system for my youth where everyone was on the same page. I left that agency three years ago, but found myself at Edge High School's 2014 commencement ceremony a few weeks ago. My good friends daughter and niece were graduating. My friend and her brother shared how much one on one attention their children received through after school tutoring, AIMS tutoring, and something called extended school day. They spoke of how their children were relatively ignored in larger school settings. Their testimony combined with the those of the student speakers emphatically made event the most inspiring ceremony I have ever attended, including my own, and I was reminded how supportive and caring everyone at the school truly is. Edge High School sincerely has a community feel to it. Tucson is fortunate to have a school like Edge.

Posted May 30, 2014
My son is bright, but was both bored and disengaged in traditional district schools. My son thrived at Edge High School because of the small school setting and indiviudalized instruction he received. The staff at the school, from the principal to the teachers, treat students at each other with respect. When you walk in the building it feels different from most high schools. The school has a real culture of collaboration and promitng student growth. The school provides few extra-curriculars, as its focus is primarily academics, but the few it does offer are meaningful and relevant, to those who participate. As father, it makes you feel good to her your child to tell you that they became a more confident and free thinking person because of their experience in a school.

Edge High School - Himmel Park 4

Posted November 04, 2013
Without this school I probably wouldn't be graduating on time. the hours are great, and the teachers really pay attention to your needs as a student. the school has a safe and clean environment unlike public schools.

Posted November 04, 2013
Edge high school is incredible ! The class sizes are small . The teachers spend a lot of individual time with you when needed for school work . Edge high school focuses on the students and whats best for them and there options after high school.

Edge High School - Himmel Park 4

Posted November 19, 2009

Posted April 02, 2008

Edge High School - Himmel Park 3

Posted March 05, 2005
Individualized instruction. Students can catch up on credit and work at their own pace. Some curriculum is computerized. Few extracurriculars. Little parent involvement. Open entry and open exit. School has been operating for over 10 years.

Edge High School - Himmel Park
2555 East First Street, Tucson, AZ  85716
Last modified Edge High School - Himmel Park is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edge High School - Himmel Park Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top