Bad
Good

Teacher communication with parents is poor at this school. Grades are not posted on time and teachers have limited time allotted for parent meetings. I do not recommend moving into this district if your family is new to Tucson as this small district is not welcoming to newcomers. Vail School District is much better and overall more progressive in their educational practices.

Emily Gray Junior High is an excellent school! We have the most caring staff and faculty. My daughter comes home everyday from school excited to share her day with me. She loves everyone of her teachers. The teachers really know how to connect with the kids. They are fun and engaging. The families at our school are so blessed to have these amazing people who want to hang out with hormonal teens. We appreciate these very special individuals! My daughter is getting a really great education at Emily Gray! Thank you!

I've been thrilled with my daughter's experiences at Emily Gray. She is a well-read, kind, independent thinking 8th grader that likes going to school, has great friends, and wants to learn. That speaks volumes about the experiences she's having, the teachers she learns from, and the other staff and faculty that she interacts with at her school. Every parent is nervous about junior high and the teenage issues that can arise...but I know I could approach anyone at this school for help with my daughter and they'd do whatever they could to make sure she was successful and happy. We're so happy to be part of a great school in the Tanque Verde School District.

Can I just say, there isn't one bad thing I can say about ACES! My nephews attended this school and now my children. The staff are one of the best in the district. One of my children is with the IEP program. They have helped him not just in the school curriculum but also with his self confidence. I can't thank them enough.

decent school except the lice drugs and bullying issues.and the sports programs are very hard to get into unless your child is in the popular group.wich is very sad,i think all children should be allowed to join the sports teams unless physically disabled.I also believe strongly that this helps to keep children focused on school and not hanging ou with bad influences.which there seems to be quite a variety of them here.

The principal, Gregg Miller, is approachable and caring. Teacher quality, however, is an issue of great concern. There are two or three outstanding teachers and, unfortunately, several who are either unqualified, immature, burned out or don't seem to like the kids. Poor teacher quality is most likely why the school lost its "excelling" accreditation this year. Very disappointed in Emily Gray--particularly since the high school moved in and squeezed out available space and facilities for junior high students. Junior high students and high school students should NOT be on the same campus. If the district tells you they don't "mix" because of their staggered bell system, it's a fallacy.

I actually go to this school and i love it!!!!! going into eighth grade this year and cant wait. we are going on a 2 week trip to D.C. this year. last year, (when i was in seventh grade) we went to Catalina Island Marine Institute for 5 days-which was AWESOME!!!!!! we got to go scuba diving. Food is surpisingly (i know i spelled that wrong) good. i have never brought a lunch to school before. the community is small and everybody knows everybody and there are no "mean girls" cliques, everyone is friends with eachother. i highly reccomend this awesome-possum school.

Refreshing that a school actual tests incoming students on their math abilities and places them accordingly!

So far so good. My daughter started at Emily Gray this year and is doing very well. Her teachers are impressive and the overall impression I get is of a very caring and dedicated crew of teachers and staff. Glad we're here in Tanque Verde, and we've very satisfied with the schools.

this school is amazing with the food, staff, teachers and new life long friends just waiting to be made. This school is the best on the market, if you ask me.

Last modified Emily Gray Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.