Posted August 28, 2014
Emily Gray Junior High is an excellent school! We have the most caring staff and faculty. My daughter comes home everyday from school excited to share her day with me. She loves everyone of her teachers. The teachers really know how to connect with the kids. They are fun and engaging. The families at our school are so blessed to have these amazing people who want to hang out with hormonal teens. We appreciate these very special individuals! My daughter is getting a really great education at Emily Gray! Thank you!

Posted August 28, 2014
I've been thrilled with my daughter's experiences at Emily Gray. She is a well-read, kind, independent thinking 8th grader that likes going to school, has great friends, and wants to learn. That speaks volumes about the experiences she's having, the teachers she learns from, and the other staff and faculty that she interacts with at her school. Every parent is nervous about junior high and the teenage issues that can arise...but I know I could approach anyone at this school for help with my daughter and they'd do whatever they could to make sure she was successful and happy. We're so happy to be part of a great school in the Tanque Verde School District.

Posted August 28, 2014
Can I just say, there isn't one bad thing I can say about ACES! My nephews attended this school and now my children. The staff are one of the best in the district. One of my children is with the IEP program. They have helped him not just in the school curriculum but also with his self confidence. I can't thank them enough.

Emily Gray Junior High School 1

Posted August 20, 2014
The Spanish courses are taught by two teachers who are on the verge of retirement. They are mean to the kids and have no modern training. It would be a huge improvement to get some fresh blood in that subject area. Most of the parents that I've spoken to are frustrated because their honor students are excelling in other subjects and failing Spanish.

Emily Gray Junior High School 1

Posted August 20, 2014
Teachers are not professional at this school. They will single out children to make examples, especially those with special needs. The administration does not promote parental or student advocacy and is generally passive. So if you are a parent that likes to take an active role in your child's education, do not choose this school.

Emily Gray Junior High School 3

Posted March 16, 2011
decent school except the lice drugs and bullying issues.and the sports programs are very hard to get into unless your child is in the popular group.wich is very sad,i think all children should be allowed to join the sports teams unless physically disabled.I also believe strongly that this helps to keep children focused on school and not hanging ou with bad influences.which there seems to be quite a variety of them here.

Emily Gray Junior High School 2

Posted September 09, 2010
The principal, Gregg Miller, is approachable and caring. Teacher quality, however, is an issue of great concern. There are two or three outstanding teachers and, unfortunately, several who are either unqualified, immature, burned out or don't seem to like the kids. Poor teacher quality is most likely why the school lost its "excelling" accreditation this year. Very disappointed in Emily Gray--particularly since the high school moved in and squeezed out available space and facilities for junior high students. Junior high students and high school students should NOT be on the same campus. If the district tells you they don't "mix" because of their staggered bell system, it's a fallacy.

Posted July 22, 2010
I actually go to this school and i love it!!!!! going into eighth grade this year and cant wait. we are going on a 2 week trip to D.C. this year. last year, (when i was in seventh grade) we went to Catalina Island Marine Institute for 5 days-which was AWESOME!!!!!! we got to go scuba diving. Food is surpisingly (i know i spelled that wrong) good. i have never brought a lunch to school before. the community is small and everybody knows everybody and there are no "mean girls" cliques, everyone is friends with eachother. i highly reccomend this awesome-possum school.

Posted May 25, 2010
Refreshing that a school actual tests incoming students on their math abilities and places them accordingly!

Posted May 06, 2010

Emily Gray Junior High School
4201 N Melpomene Way, Tucson, AZ  85749
Last modified Emily Gray Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Emily Gray Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top