Tucson, AZ

Posted May 03, 2015
My child was bullied at school and tried to defend himself. He was going to be suspended, but thank God, another student videoed the assault on his phone. The principal apologized, but the student who started the fight and bullied my child. NOTHING! NO PUNISHMENT!

Posted February 19, 2015
It used to be a good school, but due to overcrowding and bullying, things are going downhill fast.

Esperero Canyon Middle School 3

Posted December 11, 2014
I'm a new student at Esperero Canyon Middle School. I've been since the first day. I liked the school at first it was fun and there's a variety of people to meet. After awhile I started getting unhappy about my school and I didn't like a few things. First of all we have to be there by 7:30 and I have to wake up at 6:00 in the morning. That's way too early and whenever I go to my first period class I'm about to fall asleep! I get enough sleep but it's just too early to start learning. Also some of the teachers are rude and not helping, some teachers are though. I don't like our principal she's so rude and mean, she doesn't care about her students, just herself. If you're a shy person like me it's hard doing school projects like presentations because we like do one every week it seems like in each academic class. It's so annoying and stressful. Overall it's an okay school but it doesn't make me happy. I met se nice people but this school is just stressful. I would like if the school would let school start at 8:30. Thanks- student

Esperero Canyon Middle School 4

Posted November 24, 2014
My granddaughter seems very happy at Esperero and is doing much better with school work.

Posted November 06, 2014
I am a former student at ECMS. Gladly. The teachers are inattentive and get extremely infuriated if you sigh in a way they don't find pleasing. I was always being knocked around by my bigger peers, my books would fall then they'd kick them around...(etc) The teachers did not teach well in ANY way, shape or form. Which makes the entire experience feel like you're just 'getting by'. As if you aren't truly learning anything, but you get to say, "Hey guess what? I technically passed middle school!" Without having the slightest of a happy, educational and inspiring experience. Which is what school was meant for; to enlighten our youth. But schools are losing sight of that. So when some of my peers enter the workforce, they wont be able to function properly: no cooperating. no teamwork. no positivity. no motivation. THX ECMS, for letting me know what a depressing and sad attempt at an 'education system' looks like. I mean the least they can do is teach kids what "there/their/they're" to use. I mean, I learned homophones at ORE, another horrid school...

Posted November 05, 2014
This school is over crowded. The teachers do not get back to you in a timely manner. They run their classrooms (in general) like farm, herding kids in and out with very little education and guidance. The lockers are disgusting and peers are very mean and not welcoming to new students.

Esperero Canyon Middle School 4

Posted April 06, 2014
I'm Nadine walker and I love esperero canyon middle school they teach you many things like to be kind and helpful. While you learn you will have so much fun with your teachers. You should know basics. I love the teachers and staff. My school could improve to be a little more brighter in ideas in dances and fun things!

Esperero Canyon Middle School 5

Posted March 12, 2014
Esperero Canyon has been an incredible experience for our boys. They have not only excelled academically, but these incredible teachers have taught them invaluable tools to progress independently to the next level and become self sufficient. They also have encouraged growth on personal and emotional levels. It is no wonder that the teacher of the year usually comes from ECMS. We built in District 16 so as not to be forced into 'private' schools to attain academic and developmental excellence, and they have not disappointed. The Principal, staff, and the parents' tremendous involvement, support, and concern for the overall well being of the students sets this school apart from the rest.

Esperero Canyon Middle School 5

Posted January 14, 2014
This school is a great place for kids to learn. I am so pleased at all of the programs offered. The school has great science and math classes, more nationally board certified teachers than any other school in the district, the best of instruction in the arts that a middle schooler could ever receive. The special education teachers are awesome and the principal understands both high achieving students and special education students, a rare find. The administration cares about my kids and knows them by name. We are so happy with this school. Cannot say enough good things about my children's experiences!!! It is getting better all of the time. They have tutoring and help for students!!!! A beautiful place where kids get a great education. PE is also awesome!!! My kid had a print out of his fitness statistics at age 12!!!!! Also so many computers and people who know how to teach using technology!!!!

Posted May 21, 2013
An overcrowded promotion ceremony sends a mixed message about who in the community is valued. Last night, May 20, 2013, there were so many seats reserved for "parents who volunteer", I had to stand. It was bizarre. The teachers did not have seats and stood along the walls of the gym . I felt bad for them, but I was trapped too. If students are the stars of the night, in my opinion, the family membersof those students need to be shown respect.

Esperero Canyon Middle School
5801 N Sabino Canyon Rd, Tucson, AZ  85750
Last modified Esperero Canyon Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Esperero Canyon Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top