Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

TEACHERS ARE CARING AND AVAILABLE, THE PRINCIPAL IS INVOLVED. MY CHILD WAS IN THE GIFTED PROGRAM IN TUSD AND WAS NOT HAPPY, BUT HE LOVES ESPERERO BECAUSE HE IS ABLE TO TAKE ADVANCED CLASSES IN MATH AND SOCIAL STUDIES, AND REGULAR CLASSES IN OTHER SUBJECTS HE IS NOT AS STRONG IN. THE ONLY DOWN POINT SEEMS TO BE THE SPANISH TEACHER.

I am a student at ecms. I wish I could say that I love it but I can't. The teachers can be really big jerks ( most can, some are nice ) But the real awesome thing is the Principal is great. She is a wonderful person and will beyond to make you happy. I was here for 6&7 th grade and she has always been there. She's great. I'm in 8th grade now and its ok. The teachers really need to stop criticizing TUSD. I don't know why but they always say " this isn't TUSD " and stuff that makes them look bad. I came from a TUSD school and it was wonderful the teachers were great. Something that TUSD is doing better then Ecms. One last thing, how can this school say that they are a non bullying zone when the teachers are the ones that bully us.

My child was bullied at school and tried to defend himself. He was going to be suspended, but thank God, another student videoed the assault on his phone. The principal apologized, but the student who started the fight and bullied my child. NOTHING! NO PUNISHMENT!

It used to be a good school, but due to overcrowding and bullying, things are going downhill fast.

I'm a new student at Esperero Canyon Middle School. I've been since the first day. I liked the school at first it was fun and there's a variety of people to meet. After awhile I started getting unhappy about my school and I didn't like a few things. First of all we have to be there by 7:30 and I have to wake up at 6:00 in the morning. That's way too early and whenever I go to my first period class I'm about to fall asleep! I get enough sleep but it's just too early to start learning. Also some of the teachers are rude and not helping, some teachers are though. I don't like our principal she's so rude and mean, she doesn't care about her students, just herself. If you're a shy person like me it's hard doing school projects like presentations because we like do one every week it seems like in each academic class. It's so annoying and stressful. Overall it's an okay school but it doesn't make me happy. I met se nice people but this school is just stressful. I would like if the school would let school start at 8:30. Thanks- student

My granddaughter seems very happy at Esperero and is doing much better with school work.

I am a former student at ECMS. Gladly. The teachers are inattentive and get extremely infuriated if you sigh in a way they don't find pleasing. I was always being knocked around by my bigger peers, my books would fall then they'd kick them around...(etc) The teachers did not teach well in ANY way, shape or form. Which makes the entire experience feel like you're just 'getting by'. As if you aren't truly learning anything, but you get to say, "Hey guess what? I technically passed middle school!" Without having the slightest of a happy, educational and inspiring experience. Which is what school was meant for; to enlighten our youth. But schools are losing sight of that. So when some of my peers enter the workforce, they wont be able to function properly: no cooperating. no teamwork. no positivity. no motivation. THX ECMS, for letting me know what a depressing and sad attempt at an 'education system' looks like. I mean the least they can do is teach kids what "there/their/they're" to use. I mean, I learned homophones at ORE, another horrid school...

This school is over crowded. The teachers do not get back to you in a timely manner. They run their classrooms (in general) like farm, herding kids in and out with very little education and guidance. The lockers are disgusting and peers are very mean and not welcoming to new students.

I'm Nadine walker and I love esperero canyon middle school they teach you many things like to be kind and helpful. While you learn you will have so much fun with your teachers. You should know basics. I love the teachers and staff. My school could improve to be a little more brighter in ideas in dances and fun things!

Esperero Canyon has been an incredible experience for our boys. They have not only excelled academically, but these incredible teachers have taught them invaluable tools to progress independently to the next level and become self sufficient. They also have encouraged growth on personal and emotional levels. It is no wonder that the teacher of the year usually comes from ECMS. We built in District 16 so as not to be forced into 'private' schools to attain academic and developmental excellence, and they have not disappointed. The Principal, staff, and the parents' tremendous involvement, support, and concern for the overall well being of the students sets this school apart from the rest.

Last modified Esperero Canyon Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.