Posted November 06, 2014
I am a former student at ECMS. Gladly. The teachers are inattentive and get extremely infuriated if you sigh in a way they don't find pleasing. I was always being knocked around by my bigger peers, my books would fall then they'd kick them around...(etc) The teachers did not teach well in ANY way, shape or form. Which makes the entire experience feel like you're just 'getting by'. As if you aren't truly learning anything, but you get to say, "Hey guess what? I technically passed middle school!" Without having the slightest of a happy, educational and inspiring experience. Which is what school was meant for; to enlighten our youth. But schools are losing sight of that. So when some of my peers enter the workforce, they wont be able to function properly: no cooperating. no teamwork. no positivity. no motivation. THX ECMS, for letting me know what a depressing and sad attempt at an 'education system' looks like. I mean the least they can do is teach kids what "there/their/they're" to use. I mean, I learned homophones at ORE, another horrid school...

Posted November 05, 2014
This school is over crowded. The teachers do not get back to you in a timely manner. They run their classrooms (in general) like farm, herding kids in and out with very little education and guidance. The lockers are disgusting and peers are very mean and not welcoming to new students.

Esperero Canyon Middle School 4

Posted April 06, 2014
I'm Nadine walker and I love esperero canyon middle school they teach you many things like to be kind and helpful. While you learn you will have so much fun with your teachers. You should know basics. I love the teachers and staff. My school could improve to be a little more brighter in ideas in dances and fun things!

Esperero Canyon Middle School 5

Posted March 12, 2014
Esperero Canyon has been an incredible experience for our boys. They have not only excelled academically, but these incredible teachers have taught them invaluable tools to progress independently to the next level and become self sufficient. They also have encouraged growth on personal and emotional levels. It is no wonder that the teacher of the year usually comes from ECMS. We built in District 16 so as not to be forced into 'private' schools to attain academic and developmental excellence, and they have not disappointed. The Principal, staff, and the parents' tremendous involvement, support, and concern for the overall well being of the students sets this school apart from the rest.

Esperero Canyon Middle School 5

Posted January 14, 2014
This school is a great place for kids to learn. I am so pleased at all of the programs offered. The school has great science and math classes, more nationally board certified teachers than any other school in the district, the best of instruction in the arts that a middle schooler could ever receive. The special education teachers are awesome and the principal understands both high achieving students and special education students, a rare find. The administration cares about my kids and knows them by name. We are so happy with this school. Cannot say enough good things about my children's experiences!!! It is getting better all of the time. They have tutoring and help for students!!!! A beautiful place where kids get a great education. PE is also awesome!!! My kid had a print out of his fitness statistics at age 12!!!!! Also so many computers and people who know how to teach using technology!!!!

Posted May 21, 2013
An overcrowded promotion ceremony sends a mixed message about who in the community is valued. Last night, May 20, 2013, there were so many seats reserved for "parents who volunteer", I had to stand. It was bizarre. The teachers did not have seats and stood along the walls of the gym . I felt bad for them, but I was trapped too. If students are the stars of the night, in my opinion, the family membersof those students need to be shown respect.

Esperero Canyon Middle School 2

Posted March 08, 2013
I think the huge number of Open Enrollment students, particularly from the neighboring, Fruchtlender Elem., is encouraging a negative environment at ECMS, both socially and academically. Math classes, in particular, are being remediated because these TUSD kids cannot keep up. Socially, there is a very different vibe coming from the TUSD kids (ie: Fruchtlender) than what CFSD families promote. CFSD is a school district with families who value high achievement in ACADEMICS; not social climbing (laughable). Fruchtlender families need to go to Townsend where they belong. Superintendent Kamerzell has created this unhealthy learning environment with her emphasis on open enrollment. Fire Kamerzell first.

Posted October 15, 2012
This school is way too overcrowded at this point. The number of open enrollment students allowed in is overwhelming. Not only is the school too crowded from sheer numbers, but now there is a different sense of community being promoted from those children coming from TUSD schools, primarily Fruchtlender. I do not believe this overcrowding of the classroom or the "crowding out" of people who live in CFSD is in the best interest of the community or Esperero Canyon Middle School. I am profoundly disappointed with the overall quality of education compared to that of my two older children, who both attended CFSD middle schools pre-2007. Crowded classrooms is not the way to a good education and ECMS kids are suffering because of it. AIMS scores keep declining. What else is going on in this school?

Posted September 05, 2012
I am a student at Esperero Canyon Middle School. Last year, when I was in 6th grade I loved Esperero and I felt very welcome. This year, as a 7th grader, I haven't been as happy going to school everyday. Overall it is a good school and has taught me many things however, sometimes I feel the teachers are unfair. I feel I am getting a good education but I do not like the arts program. At Esperero I am taught things that I know will help me succeed in life but if I were principal I would change a few things. I do recommend Esperero.

Posted June 24, 2012
Esperero has aspects that are positive and negative. I believe the location is wonderful, where kids would be able to take short field trips to Sabino Canyon if the Principal would arrange that. Some teachers are supportive and effective. However other teachers are unable to teach kids. My child when she finished 5th grade had a 6 on her Writing AIMS however in 6th grade it dropped to a 5 and now after 7th grade it has dropped to a 4, barely meeting the standards. This makes my child distraught because she strives to exceeds and realizes that despite her effort, her level of writing has decreased greatly. Moving on to the administrators. I find that the new Principal did not meet my standards. She is artificial and does not care about the students or parents. The Principal has brought unrest to Esperero, and it is difficult to explain the things that she has done that I find uncomprehendable. I wish that she was not in charge of the school, however my child enjoys the classes for the most part, and the atmosphere is far better than other options for middle schools.

Esperero Canyon Middle School
5801 N Sabino Canyon Rd, Tucson, AZ  85750
Last modified Esperero Canyon Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Esperero Canyon Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top