Flowing Wells High School

Public | 9-12 | 209 students

Sweep tile

Posted February 20, 2014

I use to go here and i have to say it was the best school. The teachers main goal is their students. Not only do they care for their education but some of the teachers get into their students' lives even when it seems no one else cares. Besides the teachers, the students are so nice! They are all so welcoming and are full of school spirit. This school offers so many programs to choose from, each program is a different family. The JROTC program is spectacular! All three cadres are so nice and will go out of their ways to help you with your future,no matter what path you choose to take. I can go on and on about how great this school is but unfortunately this web site has a word limit. It truly upsets me that I don't have the opportunity to finish high school here but i am glad that I had the opportunity to go here. Thanks to Flowing Wells High School I now have a head start to my future and if anyone reads this, know that this school will be one of the reasons you achieve your dream.

Posted September 7, 2013

This was posted in a "Letter from the Principle" on the FWHS website "Our staff cares about all of our students, and we appreciate the support of the Flowing Wells Community." These are just words. He is aloof, and it is my opinion that he is disinterested in the well-being of the students. He does not act with integrity, or fairness. He only works AT a high school, he doen't need to behave like he is still in high school. As a parent advocating for my child and having a solution to an issue he merely said its not what the school does. Terrible administration!!!! Some of the teachers are above average, others below. The children I know who attend this school say the school doesn't care about the students. I understand why. The office staff is condescending, rude, and treat the students like they are below them. It's ONLY about the $$$, the A+ rating and awards doesn't rate the personal behavior of the administration towards the "people" they somewhat interact with. Poor rating for the administration of this school from me!

Posted January 31, 2013

I have two children that attend Flowing Wells schools. The staff will meet students more than half way in working towards providing an education. This is a great school.

Posted January 23, 2013

This school is aweful! They treat young men and women about to enter the real world like they are still children to be put in time out! They care more about being able to report that the student showed up than that the student is actually passing classes or learning. And heaven fobid a student actually tries to speak to anyone of the upper staff like a reasonable adult- now their being defiant. They have completely ridiculous rules regarding attendace and god forbid one of the stidents actually takes responsibility for make up work. They seem to think if the child wasn't in the class there's no way they could possibly have any chance of doing the work. Please choose a different school.

Posted October 31, 2012

My parents attend Flowing Wells High School, I have attended Flowing Wells High Schools since kindergarten, and I would not hesitate to someday enroll my own children in Flowing Wells Schools. Flowing Wells provided me with every opportunity to be successful in college: dedicated teachers, intellectually challenging courses, supportive staff, and study habits that helped me transition into my college career at Georgetown University. To this day I still maintain very close relationships with my Flowing Wells teachers as they are as much invested in my success as I am. I have nothing but the best regarded and the deepest gratitude for Flowing Wells.

Posted May 20, 2011

I love this school more than anything! We have the best to choose from when it comes to classes, sports and any other activities. we got an award winning Pulse Dance Company who is ranked 4th in the nation. all of our fine arts is outstanding. our cheer team just went to nationals and placed 5th. i couldnt go to any other school. i also really love our drum line! they're amazing too! i recommend this high school

Posted October 15, 2010

The Flowing Wells School District is a family and community oriented school district. They not only care about the students but also take it a step further and offer programs for the families.

Posted September 24, 2010

I went to this school and I just had to have my kids go here. Boy, was I wrong. It has dramatically changed in the leadership areas since I went there. The programs are still excellent and challenging, but a lot of the teachers appreciate a parent calling with concerns about their child, but don't really help. You have to be a perfect child to get any help and what percentage of the teenage kids are perfect? When you try to talk to the office people, they're rude and superior. No wonder some of the students have problems with office people. I did and I'm an adult! They are unwilling to see all sides of a situation and I certainly don't feel like a family member, as I am an alumni and was treated rudely!

Posted April 8, 2010

This school is fantastic! I have been here since junior year and at first i was a little bit afraid to transfer because I thought it would be hard to make friends. I came from Mt View High School where it really does have good people, but the teachers and counslers do not really teach/help that much. There are some really great teachers, but i feel like i was not learning anything. I decided to transfer and i love this school! They have soooo many more classes to choose from, the teachers are fantastic and the sports are really great and it has an amazing Fine Arts program! It may seem like a low class ghetto school to outsiders, but it really is the exact opposite. The people are like a family here. I absoluetly love it and i wouldn't go back to my other school for anything.

Posted May 19, 2009

Flowing Wells Districk is the very best my daughter went there and now my grandchildren got there, we would not have it any other way. thank you Flowing Wells a job well done!

Posted January 14, 2009

I currently attend Flowing Wells High School and I, for one, am completely satisfied with my high school experience here. Not only are the children intelligent an d focused (with some occasional slackers) the teachers here at this fine establishment are not only educational mentors, but are mentors for my entire life. The atmospheres great and the curriculum is astronomical. Flowing Wells has changed my life and I thank my parents for sending me to such a splendid establishment.

Posted January 14, 2009

Although my child has dropped a few percentages in her grades, I have seen a great epiphany in her study habits, social life, and respect towards other authority figures. My daughter, has an increased intellectual capacity. The teachers and courses may be tough BUT, is life easy? No, its not and I beleive our children should be pushed to their highest of potential. I currently and most probably will never regret sending my child to this school.

Posted January 14, 2009

I love this school. I hate how kids who are struggling blame everyone but themselves for their mistakes. Fitting- in in any school is tough, but this should not be a reason why to hate Flowing Wells. The teachers may be tough also, but are they supposed to hold your hand the entire way through our high school career? Of course not, we are taught the best and we are the best.

Posted September 17, 2008

I'm a freshman and already absolutely hate this school. The teachers are so confusing and it's very hard to understand anything they are teaching you. I've be a straight A student my entire life, now my highest grade is a C. Plus the people that go there make it so much worse. The upperclassmen harass the lowerclassmen so much is almost unbelievable . Girls there are constantly calling each other foul names and theres no way to get away from it.

Posted September 5, 2008

My son has been a FW student since first grade and now he is a High School sophomore. It is a great school system! The dedication of teachers and administrators goes above and beyond expectations. I cannot thank you all enough for a job well done!

Posted July 21, 2008

i attended flowing wells schools from kinder to 12th and i loved it. i was a special needs kid and i got all the help i needed. i cant wait to enroll my son in those schools when comes of age.

Posted July 20, 2008

i hate that school!!! teachers dont care about what the students need. i just graduated and i felt like none of the teachers cared about the students

Posted April 25, 2008

Poor teacher/parent communication

Posted October 30, 2007

I have a Freshman attending this year and have been in the district since kinder, have one more coming in a couple of years, we love Flowing Wells, in fact we would not move just to stay in this district. The fine arts program is incredible and the kids are just great kids, they have excellent security at the school as well, not easy to get on compus if you don't belong there.

Posted February 19, 2007

Both of my children go to this school and have been in the district since kinder. It has a great fine arts program and it seems almost everyone participates. There is something for everyone, from art to their national award winning band. Although the campus security is lacking some what with its 'community friendly' approach, neither of my children have had any problems with gangs or intimidation. Parental involvement is pretty high here, and encouraged. Most of the teachers my kids have had, they have enjoyed. Probably the reason why so many teacher's of the year have been from FWHS. It always amazes me when I go to any type of school event that I always see many district board members, teachers, and administration. Makes me feel like they are more than just collecting a paycheck.

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2013.

397 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

407 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

400 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meets or exceeds

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Highly Performing".

Source: Arizona Department of Education

Asian 2% 3%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 55%N/A46%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

3725 N Flowing Wells Rd