Bad
Good

My Granddaughter attends Flowing Wells Jr. High. She loves going to school every day and is an A and B student. She finds the staff easy to talk to and helpful when she asks. Teachers are great and she is always excited to tell me new things. I like the fact that P.E. is every day, as it should be. She is very active in sports and athletics is promoted in the school district. Very happy.

my school is awful there is a math teacher that curses at students and they do not have very good academics and there only strong point is there fine arts(theater productions and choir). There cafateria has served rotten mayonaise!

My daughter is in 7th grade and the curriculum is awful. They let problem teachers continue to ruin education for developing minds. I have addressed the academic situation all school year. Administrators admit there is a problem but they do nothing. Flowing Wells is no longer a good district. If you value your child's education then avoid this district.

Lots of opportunities for those that want to pursue more than the basics. The school in my opinion does a great job when you consider the demographics of the area. The whole philosophy of the school district prepares children for the future and instills values of education and good behavior. There is sports available afterschool for no cost and availability of children from all skill sets to join in. There is also afterschool tutoring available for those that need help and free transportation for those that wish to take advantage of these programs.

This school has kids do P.e. as a regular class because they feel kids should be shown how to be fit and stay fit in the future. The tolerance for vilonce is none. The students get a very organized and great scedule. Flowing Wells Junior High gets the student prepared for the future grades. It's the best school in my opinion.

my school is awesome it helps kids with ANY problems they might be having. there are so many after school activities and sports.

My kids transferred in from Amphi School District. They find the school to be highly segregated in comparison. They also find the school to be much easier academically even though the school professes to be an A+ school. The school they came from was average. FWJHS is much worse and sends literature in the mail proclaiming how their low scores allow for free after school tutoring. How about they just teach and administer better to begin with. Administration is also absolutely apalling when dealing with student problems. Their philosophy equates to shoot first and sort them out later. My daughter was suspended for student conflict after never touching or even arguing verbally with the other girl that was suspended likewise. Bottom line... Principal tries students guilt on he said/she said and they label kids for future reference. Avoid this whole school district at all costs.

Recently my son and I had to leave town for about 1 month my father had died and I had to return to NY to help my Mother (they had been married for 51 years). Being a single mother I had to take my son out of school. By the time we returned it was the week of third semester the grading period. My son had missed a lot. His Math teacher called me and went to the principal and asked that my son not be penalized for his absence. His grades prior were ranging A-B....and it was through no fault of his own that he would have received failing grades....I was astounded by her caring and personal attention....especially considering the teacher/student ratio in this school is 22 to 1. Why cant we reward teachers the way we reward people skilled in sports?

im a student and i enjoy showing up evry day to learn while the teachers help me be succcesfull!

Last modified Flowing Wells Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.