Bad
Good

My daughter has gone to Holaway since she was in kindergarden. She is now in the fourth grade. We no longer live in the district but we have her enrolled as an out of district student and drive her the twenty minutes every day. We love Holaway. It goes beyond teaching reading and math to teaching life skills and how to get along with others and be responsible. Mr Galaz was an oustanding principle. He left at the end of last year and will be sorely missed. The teachers are dedicated and the new principal is doing a great job as well. Five stars to Holaway in everything.

I was in the first class at Holaway Elementary. It was brand new and we planted some of the trees which are still there. My brother also went to Holaway. My children went to Holaway, and my Granddaughters went Holaway. I have one Granddaughter still at Holaway! So 5 stars from me and my family!!

This school is AWESOME! My son has attended for 6 years and we have had a great experience. The teachers and Mr. Galaz, the principal, are caring and attentive and always willing to discuss your child's progress. They hold our children accountable and nip issues in the bud. I will miss this school so much! Ok, so I'm unable to enter my star rating but I would rate teacher quality and principal leadership 5 stars and parent involvement 2 stars.

This school does not work well with special needs children, and is a reflection of the district's own problems with how it lumps all disabilities into one. Only one school has a program for autistic children, and the other program forces kids to take on the label emotionally disturbed. This program - CHOICES - is not made for children with Autistic Spectrum Disorders and makes symptoms worse. In my opinion, Holaway has a long way to go before it works adequately with a range of children with special needs and it's principal needs much training.

As a teacher at this school, I am very excited by how involved parents are in the education of their children. We just completed the 8th Annual Holaway Walk-A-Thon fundraiser and it was great to see so many parents enjoying this healthy activity with our students and staff.

Great teachers who offer support to students and families

Holaway teachers and staff do so much for their community! We are very fortunate to have our after school program, KIDCO, at Holaway. The students are so polite and very cooperative. I enjoy working with everyone at Holaway. Thanks for the opportunity to brag about Holaway!

Holaway has amazing students who learn so much, teachers who work together, parents who contribute, support staff that goes above and beyond, and a principal who's a compassionate leader!

Last modified Frances Owen Holaway Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.