Posted December 02, 2012
I was in the first class at Holaway Elementary. It was brand new and we planted some of the trees which are still there. My brother also went to Holaway. My children went to Holaway, and my Granddaughters went Holaway. I have one Granddaughter still at Holaway! So 5 stars from me and my family!!

Posted June 24, 2011
This school is AWESOME! My son has attended for 6 years and we have had a great experience. The teachers and Mr. Galaz, the principal, are caring and attentive and always willing to discuss your child's progress. They hold our children accountable and nip issues in the bud. I will miss this school so much! Ok, so I'm unable to enter my star rating but I would rate teacher quality and principal leadership 5 stars and parent involvement 2 stars.

Posted December 30, 2009
This school does not work well with special needs children, and is a reflection of the district's own problems with how it lumps all disabilities into one. Only one school has a program for autistic children, and the other program forces kids to take on the label emotionally disturbed. This program - CHOICES - is not made for children with Autistic Spectrum Disorders and makes symptoms worse. In my opinion, Holaway has a long way to go before it works adequately with a range of children with special needs and it's principal needs much training.

Posted October 08, 2009
As a teacher at this school, I am very excited by how involved parents are in the education of their children. We just completed the 8th Annual Holaway Walk-A-Thon fundraiser and it was great to see so many parents enjoying this healthy activity with our students and staff.

Posted October 08, 2009
Great teachers who offer support to students and families

Posted October 08, 2009
Holaway teachers and staff do so much for their community! We are very fortunate to have our after school program, KIDCO, at Holaway. The students are so polite and very cooperative. I enjoy working with everyone at Holaway. Thanks for the opportunity to brag about Holaway!

Posted October 08, 2009
Holaway has amazing students who learn so much, teachers who work together, parents who contribute, support staff that goes above and beyond, and a principal who's a compassionate leader!

Frances Owen Holaway Elementary School 4

Posted October 06, 2009
We have a great and loving staff.

Posted April 11, 2006
My child has attendted this school since kindergarten. This is a nice small community school. The teachers take a real interest in their students. The principal is definately a 'high profile' individual, involved in every aspect of this school & the students. I felt that much more than the three 'R's' were taught to my child. Parents are always welcome. They offer band & orchestra extracurricularly, taught by two wonderful teachers. The Odessy of the Mind leader is one exceptionally hard working lady.

Frances Owen Holaway Elementary School 4

Posted March 04, 2006
My daughter currently attends kindergarten here and loves it. Ms. Jaime is a great teacher.

Frances Owen Holaway Elementary School
3500 N Cherry Ave, Tucson, AZ  85719
Last modified Frances Owen Holaway Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Frances Owen Holaway Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.