PK-5 & Ungraded
Tucson, AZ

Posted December 17, 2014
My daughter attended Fruchthendler for 2nd and 3rd grade. We had a great experience with Mrs. Tinsley and Mrs. Landau. The new principal Mrs. Anderson has an amazing vision for the school and the PTA had many opportunities for parents to be involved. The OMA program is Wonderful!

Posted August 08, 2014
It is amazing all of the wonderful things going on at Fruchthendler. I don't know why anyone would consider going anywhere else. Our new Principal is fantastic. We are really excited to be a part of such a wonderful school community.

Posted May 26, 2014
My child had a wonderful experience this past year. He was struggling in math and his teacher stayed after school and tutored him until he understood the math. I see so many teachers with the same commitment. My teacher keeps updated with my child progress. She had been very supported of my child and other children. These teachers work hard to meet the student needs whether it is academics or behavior. Yes, I understand that parents are nervous that there has been so many changes at Fruchthendler, however the staff and the teachers are the ones that are there for our children no matter what changes happen. My family is committed to providing a good education to our children and Fruchthendler is that place.

Posted September 19, 2013
Going down hill and fast. We bought a house in the Fruchthlender boundaries before our kids were born as we heard it was top notch. After just one year there we learned otherwise. Class sizes are huge, parents are not welcoming to new families. I felt like I was back in high school everyone was so clickish. My child was bullied on the playground and the issue was never resolved. We have since left for a school out of district and are very happy. It's amazing how many people I meet around town or at our current school that have also pulled their kids out of Fruchthlender. I sure hope TUSD fixes things quick and turns this school back around.

Posted October 30, 2012
Fruchtendler has excellent teachers devoted to educating the entire class with a variety of methods and approaches to the materials. Mr. Heidel expects and maintains a courteous, respectful learning environment for students, faculty and staff while still allowing kids to be kids. Thanks to the commitment of the school community (parents, administration and teachers) there is a commitment to developing the whole person required subjects plus art, PE, music and clubs.

Posted August 12, 2012
On the first day of class, my daughter's teacher said "I don't like parents they make me nervous" Great welcome! All attempts to volunteer were rebuked. Classrooms are tiny and kids are packed like sardines. Students are instructed in writing class that spelling does not matter, yet when given spelling tests if they handwriting is poor (even if the word spelled correctly) they are marked as incorrect. In other words, to quote a movie "what do I think of your method? I see no method!" " After school care- kids run wild in a darkened room. Big kids bully the younger kids. Big kids continue bullying on little kids on bus rids home. Bus driver does not care. If you want to torture your kid, this is the school to go to. The comments about "being the swellest place on earth" are inconsistent with my observations. And I am a teacher myself. Just transferred to CFSD. Night and day difference. You would not believe you are in the same country.

Posted June 02, 2012
Fruchthendler is a Superior School! Just like many things in life there are many choices and what is a good fit for some isn't a good fit for others. I would encourage anyone to find what is best for THEIR child. I chose this amazing school! Mr. Heidel, the Teachers, the Staff,and the Parents are the most selfless, giving, loyal, committed people in the world to the children. It is ALL about the children! The students are provided everything to be well rounded, educated, loving and giving kids. No matter how hard WE all have to work. The school has large class numbers BECAUSE it is so amazing. How fortunate that we do have parent volunteers that LOVE coming into the school. Volunteering in this school is not a job, it is a joy and that is why there are so many parents. They WANT to come to this school and help in any way they can! This school is like a family, and I feel fortunate every day.

Posted May 23, 2012
My son just completed his first year at Fruchthendler (Kinder). We were very pleased with the school and his teacher, who in my opinion did not display the negative characteristics others have written about on this website. Quite the contrary- I found her to be very committed to learning, had a good attitude and cared about the children. Perhaps that changes in time with other grades - I don't know. I can see what other writers are talking about in regards to the parental socializing, but I could care less about that. As long as my son is happy, and I feel he is learning we will continue at Fruchthendler next year.

Posted April 26, 2012
It's humorous that a reviewer below said Fruchthendler is a "top notch school" with a "true community environment." This could not be further from the truth. We had our children at this school for two years and what a complete and utter waste of an education. The school has been turned into a daily social event for staff & parents with educating students as a low priority. Parents that believe this school to be great have blinders on or simply can't stop talking to other adults to pay attention to the multiple problems that exist at this school and as a district on a whole. Problems that do arise are swept under the rug because the staff either lacks the ability to handle it or they no longer care which seems to be the common theme in TUSD. If the principal is telling you to leave or pull your child out of this school like the reviewer explained before me, I would take their advice and walk away with your child whether they are gifted or not. Fruchthendler is a poorly run and staffed school and I am thankful that we transferred our children to CFSD which continues to be a very easy process. The staff & teachers in CFSD are professional, hard working and caring. Way to go CFSD!

Posted March 30, 2012
Its seems that a number of parents have found that certain teachers have an extreme bias against male students. Complaints to the principal result in a simple response: If you don't like it leave.

Fruchthendler Elementary School
7470 E Cloud Rd, Tucson, AZ  85750
Last modified Fruchthendler Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fruchthendler Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top