PK-5 & Ungraded
Tucson, AZ

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted July 22, 2015
Again, you must be an example of this and most choose to punish rather than take the time to teach.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted July 22, 2015
Unfortunately the Principal has now left the school and she was the greatest example of this to all the children.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted July 22, 2015
I believe the principal showed this at all times. Not always so in the teachers.

Gale Elementary School 3

Posted July 22, 2015
A few not so good teachers can make it a bad experience for a lifetime for a child. I understand there are situations that are difficult but the teachers should be trained to handle them so as not to affect other students as well. Do you use corporal punishment or teaching and training our children? Do you treat the child as you would like to be treated? Respect is earned and teachers are included...not just the child. Yelling and degrading a child is not a manner of teaching and redirecting....tell them how they may have handled a situation and not just call a name such as "tattle-tale", etc. Name calling even for teachers is not acceptable! Now he or she is afraid to talk about a bullying situation.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted July 22, 2015
Unfortunately too many teachers have a punishment, embarrassment, negative attitude towards many students. I experienced this on a field trip and directly from some teachers. I don't understand that this is about redirecting and positive teaching! Treat the children in a pleasant manner as you expect to be treated. Don't be demeaning! Respect gains respect including to the parents. With M. Ingle gone I choose to take my child out of this school. She was so helpful, always had time and spoke to the children in a teaching and positive manner!

Gale Elementary School 2

Posted April 29, 2014
We have attended Gale since kindergarten and my child is in 3rd grade. it has had its up and downs this year with principal change, fundraisers changed, etc. My daughter is happy for the most part but the lack of communication, notice given, and follow up frustrates me. It has slowly gotten better throughout the year but there is still progress to be made. Most of the teachers are wonderful for the lack of resources they have. We have had great teachers over the years, this year was a bit of a let down. The PTC board seems to be their own click, have their own agenda and does not do what benefits the school as a whole, just the select amount of them. I was told by one board member, if htey are the ones doing the volunteering, then it should be what is best for them, "as they do the most for the school". Many parents, because of the mentality of this board, have chosen to not be active with events and fundraisers, but just as volunteers in class rooms and field trips. The overall attitude of the school has changed, not for the better. This is our home school and we will stick with it, but hoping for positive changes to come!

Gale Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
My grandson goes to pre- school at Gale. I was impressed with the new student/parent orientation and how attention there was. My grandson looks forward to school each day and is proud of his take home work. He was developmently behind but I see great strides and improvments. He still has a way to go but I confident he'll be ready for what lies ahead.

Gale Elementary School 1

Posted February 21, 2014
hello I am a student who goes to gale the school has fallen apart art will be ending soon I don't know why there really are no sports after school activities or clubs that bothers me also the learning everything we have has been review from 4th grade there really is no bullying expect a few girls who think they popular and flirt around boys I like the new princable shes pretty nice but its just sad I was here since 1st grade and everything has fallen apart since our old princable left its very upsetting :(

Gale Elementary School 5

Posted January 30, 2014
Gale elemtary is an excellent school. The new principal was given a lot of change without much notice. She has risen to the occasion and introduced the OMA program and has hired a new PE teacher. The teachers are outstanding and offer an excellent education.

Gale Elementary School 5

Posted September 06, 2013
Gale Elementary is absolutely wonderful!! I am so pleased with the new administration, teachers and facility! I really enjoy the new principal and look forward to seeing what the year will bring. Both my children wake up every morning extremely excited to be going to school and wonder why they are unable to go every day, including weekends!! I As a parent, my ONLY concern is my children's happiness and if they enjoy learning! Gale has provided the love of learning to my children in a very special way!

678 South Gollob Road, Tucson, AZ  85710
Last modified Gale Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gale Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top