Posted May 20, 2014
This school are slowly booted out all good teacher.It going down hill not like it use to be.Iam not recommended this school.The leadership does not appreciate all the hard work teacher sad but true.They need better management and leadership.

Posted April 03, 2014
I absolutly love this school. The teachers are great and the focus on the childrena education is awesome. They are going to a k-6 next yeat and im excited for that because the kids will be able to continue there growth without any set backs due to change of environment. I love Gallego

Posted July 10, 2011
This is a great school. My children went their last year, my third grader advanced way faster than he did in his last school, and his teacher was one of the best teachers I have ever met. Ms Hernandez is the best. My daughter started kindergarten last year and she is so far ahead in her reading because of her teacher Mrs. Logan and the wonderful Spalding phonics program they have at this school. The staff is very nice and this school deals with bully issues fast and in an appropriate manner.

Posted March 03, 2011
I went to this school today (3/3/11) to register my son. there was graffiti on the signs of the school, there are these huge gates surrounding the parking lot, there was trash in the parking lot as well. when i went it the two ladies in the front were talking did not welcome me, then they both looked up at me said nothing and went on with their conversion, when one finally came to speak with me she was rude very rude she gave the things i needed and she went to make copies of things i i brought she told me my proof of address would not work a letter from my work a state paper with my address and my D.L but because i live with my parents they wanted a notarized paper saying that and things with my parents names on them. there is no need for that it is very rude of them to ask for these types of things and they need to work on being nicer i was not allowed to walk around the school, meet the principal or any teachers. kinda makes you wonder if i could of done 0 starts i would have. i really wanted my son to go here too

Posted August 17, 2010
I was very disappointed with this school. This was a great school until they got a new principal. She approved a new school built that has no water fountains or restroom access while the children are playing outside. She is constantly yelling at the children which is very inappropriate and is never available to parents. Teachers are constantly apologizing for her rude behavior. I do not recommend this school and hope there are some positive changes made soon.

Posted June 01, 2010
This is my daughter's 3rd year at Gallego. She has successfully maintained a straight "A" average in all her both regular and Sun program for the full 3 years. Please do not change a thing. It is an awesome Magnet School. The teachers are awesome and the principal is outstanding. Do I recommend this school? Guess!

Posted April 11, 2010
I love this school it rocks i wint thair for 3 years

Posted November 14, 2009

Posted May 28, 2008

Posted October 26, 2005
I taught at this school for 2 years. It was a wonderful experience to work with such a dedicated, intelligent, knowledgable, loving, caring, group of educators. If I still lived in Tucson I would be delighted to send my children there!

Gallego Basic Elementary School
6200 S. Hemisphere Place, Tucson, AZ  85706
Last modified Gallego Basic Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gallego Basic Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.