PK-5 & Ungraded
Tucson, AZ

Harold Steele Elementary School 2

Posted July 31, 2014
A new principal took over two years ago, and, in that short amount of time, she took an outstanding school and made it mediocre. There are still a few good teachers, but several of the better ones have fled or been sent packing. The new afterschool program is decent, but it's not as good as Zone was. School events (open house, student performances, etc.) are now disorganized and chaotic, and the level of communication from the school to the parents has decreased significantly.

Harold Steele Elementary School 2

Posted March 24, 2014
The test scores are very reviealing. I have had three children who had the same teacher. This teacher is admittedly math challenged. The first had her in 5th grade; 6th grade was a nightmare of trying to catch up in math and overcoming ridiculous ideas. I took it on myself to teach the second and third kids (3rd and 2nd grade). As this teacher is moved through the ranks, more students suffer. Other teachers these kids had were absolutely wonderful, but with one of the three pillars of required knowledge (math, reading, writing) below standards, it hurts these children for higher education. Next year I will be looking to move them out of TUSD to a district less concerned with special interests and more concerned with actual education.

Harold Steele Elementary School 3

Posted October 27, 2011
Both of my children attended Steele until two yrs ago when my daughter went on to middle school and my son was going into 5th grade I took them out of public school and now they attend catholic school. I loved the teachers at Steele however my daughter was not prepared for 6th grade math and has struggled every grade since 5th. Her 5th grade teacher even admitted to them not being prepared for 6th grade. My son was in GATE but it was foar from enriching for him. I dont blame the teachers one bit but I do put responsibillty on the head honchos in the district.

Harold Steele Elementary School 0

Posted April 08, 2009
My children have been going to Steele for three years now and we have had terrific teachers with Mrs. Naylor, Miss Clark, Mr. Scalise, Mrs. Harrison, Mrs. Carpenter, Mr. Fuller and Mr. Rider. It is a shame that with the economy as it is we must put our children at risk by possibly losing teachers who not only love their jobs, but impact each student by inspiring them to learn and sparking each child's interest in school with new methods of learning. Steele has some of the best teachers around who are supported by a great team player like Mr. Erickson.

Harold Steele Elementary School 5

Posted April 04, 2009
My daughters are in Kinder and 1st grade with the teachers: Mrs. Naylor and Ms. Clarke. I am thrilled with both teachers, the Principal Mr. Erickson, and the Zone Director Mrs. Rosenbaulm. Each and every staff member at Steele Elementary has been caring and helpful to each and every person they encounter. An excellent school and staff!!

Harold Steele Elementary School 5

Posted February 10, 2008
My daughter has been attending Steele for 2 years now, and I am absolutely thrilled with both the teachers and the principal. Mr. Scalise is her teacher this year, and I don't think there is a better teacher anywhere!

Harold Steele Elementary School 1

Posted February 08, 2008

Harold Steele Elementary School 0

Posted November 24, 2007
Great...teachers are phenomenol.

Harold Steele Elementary School 4

Posted August 28, 2007
I am a new parent at Steele Elementary this year and so far my daughter and I have truly enjoyed our experience. I am a little disappointed to find that there will be no music or art teacher for my daughter's class. My daughter is a gifted artist and I feel that school should encourage that and offer her an education I that area. However, I am happy that my daughter is at Steele and her teacher, Mrs. Harrison is exactly what I want in a teacher. She is caring, compassionate and most of all smart! My daughter loves having her this year.

Harold Steele Elementary School 4

Posted July 29, 2007
The 2006-2007 school year was our first year at Harold Steele Elementary school. My daughter was in kindergarten with Mrs. Naylor and had a wonderful experience. I was honestly concerned about it in the beginning because of the amount of students who had english as a second language. The year turned out fantastic, not only did my daughter learn a lot and learn about other cultures, but made some really good friends. My son was in the third grade with a first year teacher. She was an excellent teacher and will do well in her chosen profession. My son improved consistently throughout the year in reading, writing and math. He looked forward to going to school because she made learning fun. The only drawback to the entire year was the number of unruly students, but the principal and teachers can only do so much.

Harold Steele Elementary School
700 S. Sarnoff Drive, Tucson, AZ  85710
Last modified Harold Steele Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harold Steele Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top