PK-5 & Ungraded
Tucson, AZ

Posted November 10, 2013
We enrolled our son at this school in August and love the emphasis on performance arts. As professors, we see many many students who are terrified to give in-class presentations. Giving children the opportunity to perform, in a positive and nurturing environment, is giving them a gift that will set them apart from their peers for many years to come. Bravo Holladay!

Posted August 11, 2013
Both my daughters went through Holladay and love it there! The teachers were encouraging and motivating and pushed my children to do their best. The performing arts has taught my children to be confidant and has motivated them. The principal is also a huge asset! He is always kind and respectful and is often in the hall greeting everyone as they walk through the door. He encourages the children to do their best for themselves and offers positive guidance. This school has made a huge difference in the way my children learn and has turned them into inspired students! We loved our time here!

Posted August 11, 2013
Re: Aug 9th 2013 negative review: This is an outlandish accusation and public smear, and totally unfounded! I worked closely with Mr. Haynes and the school staff for four years: the three years that our daughter was there, and on a continuing basis for the following year, and I expect to continue this relationship into this year. Mr. Haynes is a fantastically professional, caring, warm and supportive principal. I have never known him to behave in any remotely inappropriate fashion. Mr. Haynes has brought a level of stability, concern, commitment, support, guidance (and more: the list is long) to all facets of the Holladay community: children, their families, neighborhood, teachers and staff, all on a level that was absent for several years prior to his return to the district. I'm astonished at this parent's lack of concern for civil discourse, and blatant naming of staff as restricted by the guidelines of this forum. Among the many outstanding features of Mr. Haynes' professional conduct is his practice and dissemination of civil discourse to the children and community at Holladay school. Shame! These posts will be reported.

Posted August 11, 2013
Both of my children attended Holladay-each for 3years. As a parent I spent 6 years at Holladay. We weathered the transition in Leadership. My husband and I were very pleased in the appointment of the current principal, Mr. Haynes. He is a caring, dynamic, professional leader. He has supported the entire teaching team at Holladay, and as a result my children received a wonderful education. Holladay is a special place, made even more so by the strong, experienced leadership.

Posted October 18, 2011
This school has returned to its former status as a hidden gem in TUSD. Now that the leadership has stabilized, and the school's existence is not threatened by the district, we are enjoying the wonderful variety of offerings at this school, which include visual and performing arts, music instruction, and sports. Students here can participate in chorus, theater, team sports, and take lasses in journalism, gardening, cooking and dance. An amazing place.

Posted May 31, 2011
My son went here for all three years. When we moved out of district, I put him in the home school, and quickly realized that it was a huge mistake. He was able to come back without any problems. Even if it is a far drive, I know he is getting the education that he deserves and the support that he needs. They have just approved the school to become a k-5 school so it will no longer be an intermediate school. The parents worked really hard advocating for the school, it is one of TUSD secrets! They have amazing before and afterschool programs that continually enrich the children lives beyond the classroom. They also do a lot of projects with the kids to help foster what they are learning in the classroom. They have a full time gym, art, and preforming arts teacher so your kids get a great all around. You definitely should check out this school!

Posted April 17, 2011
my son has been incredibly happy at this school--and wishes it would roll out to 6th grade so that he could stay (and thats not because he's freaked out about middle school!) He has gone from being so-so about the annual performances at every grade level to wanting to become an actor and playing the piano like a maestro. He takes advangtage of the great after school programs AND Club Wednesday. Fortunately he has only once had to take advantage of the before-school a.m. tutoring for a problem that he had with math. He enjoys all of the above and the systems thinking that is a key part of his education. Collaborative work among the teachers and project and inquiry based learning work well for him, and they work well for me too, as his Mom. He is thriving in an academically strong and extremely diverse environment that he would not be getting at other schools. Frankly, I couldn't be happier with the principal, the great teachers, and the curriculum that the school offers.

Posted August 22, 2010
My son attended this school for all three years. He has become such an amazing musican. So well rounded starting with keyboards in 3rd. The teachers are supportive and the community of the school is amazing.

Posted May 26, 2010
We have had a wonderful experience at Holladay! My children have participated in the free after-school program and I know they are receiving quality care and learning many valuable skills that will carry them throughout their academic career. The academics are amazing. My children have learned some amazing facts about real-life, usable information. They know the value in recycling, reusing and reducing! The P.E., art, music and performing arts programs are the main reasons my children attend Holladay and these programs are stellar! Thank you for the opportunity to write about this excellent school!

Posted April 28, 2010
My daughter is finishing up 5th grade at Holladay, and has been there all 3 years. It has been a terrific experience! There are very few public schools that offer a major drama production for all 3 grades, every year with an incredible instructor, Mrs. Draper- plus extended day programs in chorus and dance, which my daughter participated all 3 years. Also Coach Legan, amazing! Olivia participated in track and field events for the 1st time, which was a whole new experience as well. For the 2nd year in a row, Holladay took 1st place at the city-wide track meet, and girls basketball. Not to mention a 1st class fine arts program, keyboard labs, computer, solid academics and wonderful parental/community support in a small school setting. I do not understand why more parents do not consider Holladay for their kids , grades 3-5. Wonderful school!!!

Holladay Magnet School
1110 E. 33rd St., Tucson, AZ  85713
Last modified Holladay Magnet School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Holladay Magnet School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top