Posted March 24, 2014
I've had 3 children attend Dodge and my only criticism of the school is the principal. He has NO connection to the students and they don't like or respect him. But in spite of him, the school manages to thrive due to the mostly excellent teachers and strong community. The 6th grade teachers and mostly good, with a strong exception of the 6th grade science teacher who has been there a long time although she is not an effective teacher. But the 7th and 8th grade team is generally exceptional.

Posted September 30, 2013
This is my family's 7th year at Dodge as all three of my daughters have attended this school. Let me begin by saying that the very team oriented teachers have provided all three of my girls the foundation for moving onto higher level learning in high school. My high school daughters are now taking honors and AP classes without difficulty. Both girls share those concepts that they are glad their middle school teachers taught them and how they are able to use them in their honors and AP classes. The teachers at Dodge respond to your concerns immediately and with a plan if needed. The campus is safe and they have never been a victim of or have seen bullying. The administration cares about parental input. They listen. This school is extremely diverse as the students travel from all over the city to attend Dodge yet overall, the students get along very well. I believe this is due to the uniforms that equalize the students. Dodge has consistently been an Excelling or A rated school and I highly recommend this school. We have been very happy with this school and would do it all over again if we had to.

Posted September 30, 2013
We came to Dodge Middle School due to it's reputation as a "great school". We have found it to be a supportive learning community, with a great team approach for each grade, and support for every student and their individual needs. Great teachers who really care!

Posted September 24, 2013
I am so happy with Dodge middle school. It is a small environment where the staff is very attentive and supportive. The learning environment is great. The kids are thriving and go to school happy every day. My boys have learned so much and they have the R and Rs that keep them thriving to do better and better. Thank you Dodge. We love you

Posted January 20, 2012
We have had 3children graduate from Dodge and we now have a fourth. Our children have graded very well and their confidence has been great. The teachers show their desire for the students to progress. The Principals are involved with Teachers,Students and Parents. I am impressed at the Parent involvemnt in the children and their growth.

Posted June 30, 2010
All three of our children attended Dodge and we are so impressed with the high quality education provided by this school. The principal is friendly and approachable and the entire staff makes us feel welcome whenever we attend school fuctions. The teachers are the best and go out of their way to ensure that students learn the material covered. They have an outstanding band program and there are many sports and club options for students. This is an outstanding magnet school!

Ida Flood Dodge Traditional Middle Magnet School 0

Posted April 24, 2010
Dodge is the perfect size for a middle school, around 400 students. The back to basic curriculum helps all students close the gap between their previous preparation and their actual grade level in all core subjects. The dedicated staff works very hard to provide the best middle school education in Tucson.

Posted April 13, 2010
Dodge is an excellent school. It is small, and as a result the principal knows all of the kids personally. The is an environment of respect between the teachers and students, and when touring the school, you'll see the students are consistently on task. A lot of learning goes on, but they don't have the kind of problems with drugs, gangs or violence that the other middle schools have. There is a reason this is the single most requested school in all of TUSD!

Ida Flood Dodge Traditional Middle Magnet School 1

Posted September 19, 2008

Posted August 29, 2008
This is the best school I have ever been to. I am a 7th Grader, and this is great. This is truly a school of academic excellence. EVEN MY SPELLING IN THIS REVIEW IS CORRECT! I am Daniel McClelland, the would-be 3rd place winner of the Pima County Spelling Bee! The teachers here are very nice, the principal is very nice, and it is so good, that there is no general G.A.T.E. class required! Instead, there is 7th Grade Math Accelerated, and there is G.A.T.E. Language Arts, which is only 5th period. There have been maybe only one incident in the school, although I do not know for sure, because this is only my 2nd year a Dodge.

Ida Flood Dodge Traditional Middle Magnet School
5831 E. Pima Street, Tucson, AZ  85712
Last modified Ida Flood Dodge Traditional Middle Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ida Flood Dodge Traditional Middle Magnet School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top