Bad
Good

I enrolled my daughter at Dodge because of the recommendation from her fourth grade elementary school teacher and her sixth grade math teacher. My daughter only knew one other student at the school but she was able to thrive successfully. She joined sports and loved the closeness and the encouragement for higher education. Teacher's always told the students WHEN you go to college not IF you go to college. My daughter is a successful AP/honors high school student and tutors kids. Dodge truly has a wonderful staff that makes a difference for our kids future!

Dodge is definitely one of the best middle schools in TUSD. We open-enrolled our 2 sons out of district because we didn't think Dodge was a good fit for our oldest son at the time and didn't like any of the other options for middle schools in the district. However, our daughter attended Dodge and had a very good experience for the most part. She was accepted at both the Doolen GATE program and Dodge but we chose Dodge because we liked that the school stressed college and that the teachers did their best to prepare the students for high school. When we visited during 5th grade, my daughter was very taken in by Ms. Ponticelli whose class was doing a unit on Greece. Unfortunately, Ms. Ponticelli as well as 2 other 6th grade teachers along with Ms. White, the orchestra teacher, have just officially retired. Another thing I really like about Dodge is that it is a 5 'R' school (Reading • Writing • Arithmetic • Respect • Responsibility). The R&R cards encourage and reward good behavior and my daughter loved accumulating points on her card. As I previously mentioned, Dodge is one of the top middle schools in TUSD and the A+ rating it just received is an attestation to this.

I've had 3 children attend Dodge and my only criticism of the school is the principal. He has NO connection to the students and they don't like or respect him. But in spite of him, the school manages to thrive due to the mostly excellent teachers and strong community. The 6th grade teachers and mostly good, with a strong exception of the 6th grade science teacher who has been there a long time although she is not an effective teacher. But the 7th and 8th grade team is generally exceptional.

This is my family's 7th year at Dodge as all three of my daughters have attended this school. Let me begin by saying that the very team oriented teachers have provided all three of my girls the foundation for moving onto higher level learning in high school. My high school daughters are now taking honors and AP classes without difficulty. Both girls share those concepts that they are glad their middle school teachers taught them and how they are able to use them in their honors and AP classes. The teachers at Dodge respond to your concerns immediately and with a plan if needed. The campus is safe and they have never been a victim of or have seen bullying. The administration cares about parental input. They listen. This school is extremely diverse as the students travel from all over the city to attend Dodge yet overall, the students get along very well. I believe this is due to the uniforms that equalize the students. Dodge has consistently been an Excelling or A rated school and I highly recommend this school. We have been very happy with this school and would do it all over again if we had to.

We came to Dodge Middle School due to it's reputation as a "great school". We have found it to be a supportive learning community, with a great team approach for each grade, and support for every student and their individual needs. Great teachers who really care!

I am so happy with Dodge middle school. It is a small environment where the staff is very attentive and supportive. The learning environment is great. The kids are thriving and go to school happy every day. My boys have learned so much and they have the R and Rs that keep them thriving to do better and better. Thank you Dodge. We love you

We have had 3children graduate from Dodge and we now have a fourth. Our children have graded very well and their confidence has been great. The teachers show their desire for the students to progress. The Principals are involved with Teachers,Students and Parents. I am impressed at the Parent involvemnt in the children and their growth.

All three of our children attended Dodge and we are so impressed with the high quality education provided by this school. The principal is friendly and approachable and the entire staff makes us feel welcome whenever we attend school fuctions. The teachers are the best and go out of their way to ensure that students learn the material covered. They have an outstanding band program and there are many sports and club options for students. This is an outstanding magnet school!

Dodge is the perfect size for a middle school, around 400 students. The back to basic curriculum helps all students close the gap between their previous preparation and their actual grade level in all core subjects. The dedicated staff works very hard to provide the best middle school education in Tucson.

Dodge is an excellent school. It is small, and as a result the principal knows all of the kids personally. The is an environment of respect between the teachers and students, and when touring the school, you'll see the students are consistently on task. A lot of learning goes on, but they don't have the kind of problems with drugs, gangs or violence that the other middle schools have. There is a reason this is the single most requested school in all of TUSD!

Last modified Ida Flood Dodge Traditional Middle Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.