Posted May 18, 2014
Ironwood has done a remarkable job with my autistic son... both the Gen Ed staff and spec ed teacher have been focused on helping him meet goals at his own pace. Their speech therapist is top notch. Dr. Abrams also welcomed our outside clinical staff into the school, so that we could align home and school programs. Great place to send your kids, and the best elementary school in Tucson

Posted February 09, 2014
This school has done an awesome job with my non verbal son. The special Ed teachers are awesome.

Posted December 10, 2013
I cannot imagine why people are saying kids with ADHD or problem children are treated unfairly, or Hispanic/minority children. Really? My children have issues, we are Hispanic, and we love Ironwood. Other parents may be looking for excuse for why their child is not excelling anywhere. I have seen firsthand, the care they take with difficult children, and the love they offer. If a child has behavior issues, they form a plan to help that child lear and grow. Really now people, are you really going to blame the school?

Ironwood Elementary School 2

Posted November 10, 2013
I am very disappointed with Ironwood elementary. If you have a child that already exceeds academically then you will not have a problem but they are ignorant on how to handle kids with ADHD and inquire constantly about medicating them because they don't have the patience to deal with them. They also don't work much with the kids that are not as quick as the other ones. The teachers spend way too much time having personal conversations DURING class and not enough time working with the kids who are falling behind. They also have zero tolerance for children of ethnicity as my children and I am pulling my kids out of this school. Class rooms are very over crowed with no help for the teachers. Find another school if you want your child to succeed and not fall through the cracks.

Ironwood Elementary School 2

Posted July 22, 2013
My Son went to Ironwood Elem. for kinder & half of his 1st grade year. The school is beautiful, in a nice neighborhood and has a cute feel to it. My nieces and nephew also attend Ironwood currently and my Sister has no complaints. As for me, I did not have the best experience. My Son is a handful but I feel like instead of wanting to help him they pushed him away as a problem child. I had a psychologist write a recommendation for a 504 plan & they DENIED it. His kindergarten teacher left me a voicemail that i still have saying, "I am done with him". So with my personal experience I'd say with a child w/o behavioral/education delays that Ironwood is a decent school. But if your child isn't "perfect" try elsewhere. Maybe another state that takes education seriously :)

Posted October 28, 2012
I just keeps getting better and better... my kids have the BEST teachers this year who teach THEM- not to a test, not to a standard, they teach to my child!!! I cannot say enough about Ironwood. The principal could not be better- totally prefessional, yet full of integity and love! Everyone there is smiling and happt to make a difference!!!

Posted August 30, 2012
Both of my kids go here and it is an excellent school.The staff want to be there and you can tell they are happy about it which gives the kids a great atmosphere.They are caring and they are great teachers.My kids and me and their dad fell very comfortable with this school.The staff know you by name and actually take the time to talk to you which is nice.I would reccomend this school to anyone.

Posted August 03, 2012
Our family has been very happy with Ironwood Elementary since moving here 2 years ago. The principal is fantastic. He is always present on campus, knows ALL the kids, and takes time to talk with parents. Both of our sons have done really well with their academics and testing. I would recommend this school to anyone looking to move to the area.

Posted May 26, 2010
We had two children in Ironwood for 10 years, and were very happy overall with their experience and teachers. We knew all three principals, and each cared about the quality of the school very much. Both my husband and I volunteered over the years at Ironwood (hundreds of hours), allowing us to see what goes on in the school from many angles. While there have been a few isolated incidents and aides in particular who haven't been great, we both feel strongly that the staff cares very much about EVERY student. The assistant principal is amazing -- she sees each child as an individual and gives them the benefit of the doubt, even if they're repeatedly in her office. The teachers are on the whole devoted, concerned about the welfare and success of their students, and very hard-working. The support staff are mostly wonderful, too.

Ironwood Elementary School 1

Posted November 04, 2009
The student to teacher ratio here is stated as 1:18. This school is way overcrowded. Most classes have 28-32 students.

Ironwood Elementary School
3300 W. Freer Dr., Tucson, AZ  85742
Last modified Ironwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ironwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews.