Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school develops honesty, integrity, and fairness on its students by exhibiting what those words mean, i.e., they are practicing what they preach.

Everyone at Cross is the embodiment of BE KIND. My son has special needs and they are very understanding of him and me as well. I am very impressed at the way they always conduct themselves- with altruism and professionalism. I highly recommend Cross Middle School.

Cross is a fantastic place to work, and a very comfortable place to teach. The community is supportive and involved in what happens at the school, which allows us teachers to do our best in the classroom. I have asked for help from the community for my program and have received every thing I ever needed to help make my job in front of the kids successful. Mr. Heinemann and Mr. Dominguez have done a great job to implement a school purpose and belief system. I am watching pieces fall in to place every day as the school moves towards its goals. We offer many elective choices at Cross that help students to explore their creativity including band, orchestra, musical theater, percussion, choir, and guitar. The athletic system is run by Mr. Williams, who has decades of experience and ensures our athletes are competitive, while learning and representing the school in a positive way. I hope that when I am a parent, my students will get to attend such a well-rounded school as Cross.

Excellent school. Wonderful school district. Andy Heinemann, principal, is awesome. Fantastic staff. Amazing students. I'm so proud to be part of this team.

Cross has wonderful students, dedicated teachers, and great programs that are offered! There are advanced classes, musical theater, marching band, Humanities, lab science, Odyssey of the Mind, Robotics, great sports, orchestra, and so much more. Cross has something for everyone!

I have had 3 children attend Cross and I am so impressed with the current administration and staff. There is such a strong sense of community and wanting to help students be successful and safe and challenged. I volunteer there still and I see teachers staying after school or showing up VERY early to help kids who have been sick or need to do make up work or need some extra tutoring. I have seen staff members collaborate to provide necessary services, raise standards and goals, and work with great patience and personal commitment. As a parent with students here, I am appreciative of the dedication and work ethic. Construction over the past year has seen a nice upgrade on several areas, including a new weight room as part of the P.E. program that is top notch. It is one of the few middle schools I know of that has its band students play at some of their sporting games. The best thing I like about Cross is that it feels like family.

Both of my children went to Cross. They both got a wonderful education and had a lot of opportunities to participate in sports, clubs and other activities. I was a student at Cross many years ago and I am so glad my children attended as well. Great teachers and great students. I especially love the 6th grade team of teachers. They really help students transition from elementary school to middle school.

This school is literally the worst school I've gone to. I was a student there for 2 years, and I had straight F's the entire two years. In 6th grade, I was sucked into a fight that wasn't even my fight. My friend was starting to go cross eyed, and so I tapped the girl on the shoulder with my fist, and she told me to lay off. Ever since that day, I was watched so closely by administrators. After 6th grade, I moved on, even with straight F's. I had a math teacher for 2 hours straight with one three-minute break in between. This teacher was on my case all the time. she told us that right answers didn't matter - it was the effort. But every time I got answers wrong on my homework, she wrote a big fat F on it and moved on. Not only that, but she would call me out and embarrass me in front of everyone. When I was gone for 4 days (personal reasons), she told everyone that I was a "spoiled brat" and "craved attention". I feel that all the teachers do not care about the students. I was bullied every day. I was punched, kicked, shoved, and called names every single day. I'm going to Flowing Wells Junior High now and the teachers care about us. I recommend FWJH more than any other school.

MY SCHOOL IS , its just awesome but the one thing i would improve is the dances. CAN WE HAVE A DJ AND HAVE IT AROUND NIGHT TIME ? please lol. but yeah im a student at cross and its just fantasticccccc. i make ALOT of good memories here (:

This school is ABSOLUTELY AWFUL!! From the administration all the way down to the students, they are hateful and mean and if you don't fit in with their ideal, they will find a way to get rid of you...I watched a student go from being a straight A student in the gifted program to a student that was suspended and failing in about a year. Not one person at the school cared or tried to do anything to help this student... The other students are bullies and if one doesn't like you, you better watch out! They will all gang up on you!

Last modified Lawrence W Cross Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.