Lawrence W Cross Middle School 1

Posted February 12, 2014
This school is literally the worst school I've gone to. I was a student there for 2 years, and I had straight F's the entire two years. In 6th grade, I was sucked into a fight that wasn't even my fight. My friend was starting to go cross eyed, and so I tapped the girl on the shoulder with my fist, and she told me to lay off. Ever since that day, I was watched so closely by administrators. After 6th grade, I moved on, even with straight F's. I had a math teacher for 2 hours straight with one three-minute break in between. This teacher was on my case all the time. she told us that right answers didn't matter - it was the effort. But every time I got answers wrong on my homework, she wrote a big fat F on it and moved on. Not only that, but she would call me out and embarrass me in front of everyone. When I was gone for 4 days (personal reasons), she told everyone that I was a "spoiled brat" and "craved attention". I feel that all the teachers do not care about the students. I was bullied every day. I was punched, kicked, shoved, and called names every single day. I'm going to Flowing Wells Junior High now and the teachers care about us. I recommend FWJH more than any other school.

Posted July 23, 2013
MY SCHOOL IS , its just awesome but the one thing i would improve is the dances. CAN WE HAVE A DJ AND HAVE IT AROUND NIGHT TIME ? please lol. but yeah im a student at cross and its just fantasticccccc. i make ALOT of good memories here (:

Lawrence W Cross Middle School 1

Posted July 14, 2013
This school is ABSOLUTELY AWFUL!! From the administration all the way down to the students, they are hateful and mean and if you don't fit in with their ideal, they will find a way to get rid of you...I watched a student go from being a straight A student in the gifted program to a student that was suspended and failing in about a year. Not one person at the school cared or tried to do anything to help this student... The other students are bullies and if one doesn't like you, you better watch out! They will all gang up on you!

Posted July 14, 2013
This school has continually improved for the last 3 years. Shannon Chandler has brought outstanding leadership and character to this school. My son is my third child to attend Cross. He was extremely lucky to have a principal, teachers and support staff that supported him throughout his 3 years. The principal knows the names for the faces of 80% of the students on campus. She is always at lunch, spends time in classrooms, attends events and cares deeply about the well-being of her students. She actively works to create a positive environment that discourages bullying. The staff has improved dramatically since her arrival. She has even created a program and atmosphere that takes the struggling students and creates action plans with their teachers and a mentor to improve their grades and make them successful.

Posted January 27, 2013
Cross is an excellent school that properly prepared my older two sons for high school and is doing a great job with my third. The principal is awesome. My sons are all gifted and honors students. Cross now offers an advanced Language Arts class and a program to help them succeed with the AIMS standardized tests. IN addition, Cross is actively working on the new Common Core standards, before a lot of other schools.

Posted February 29, 2012
My daughter transferred into this school in the 8th grade and it turned out to be an excellent move. The math and science programs are excellent. The school also has an outstanding choir and orchestra. My daughter has really come into her own at this school. She made many friends quickly and is really enjoying herself. The school is a bit tough academically, but it has forced her to push herself into becoming a better student.

Posted February 08, 2012
This school is vastly underrated. The teachers and new administration are very forward thinking, communicative and motivated. The electives are exceptional. My experiences with the Art teacher and Music program have been more than outstanding. A booster club with over 90% parent participation? That's what the music program has.

Lawrence W Cross Middle School 0

Posted October 24, 2010
Great faculty, staff & students!

Lawrence W Cross Middle School 2

Posted May 28, 2010
I am very involved with my children and school I am also a student, parent and a business owner. I take the time out to email teachers every week, check grades, and my children s behaviors. I have never missed an event that they were involved in or a field trip. However I do not participate in the PTO. I assume that your judgment has been clouded by that. If a child is at a "popular" status in school then that child has few problems, but in the event that child is not "cool" then they have tons of problems. The ones that have tons of problems become problem children and the downfall starts from there.

Lawrence W Cross Middle School 4

Posted May 20, 2010
It is very interesting to read the reviews of this school. Both of my children attend Cross and I find it to be an overall positive experience. The leadership is open and innovative, the teachers range from fantastic to mediocre (typical at any school) and the students are a diverse group of individuals. I find there is no tolerance for bullying at Cross, but it is a middle school and stuff happens, that is part of the world in which we live. For those parents who give the thumbs down to any school, I suggest that you get involved. The excuse that I am too busy does not set well with me. I work full time and go to school, but I still find time to go to a PTO meeting and talk with the teachers and principle. My children and their education is a priority. Too busy, use email!

Lawrence W Cross Middle School
1000 W. Chapala Dr., Tucson, AZ  85704
Last modified Lawrence W Cross Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lawrence W Cross Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews.