Bad
Good

Awesome leadership by principal, friendly excellent teaching and support staff including the counseling department. The OMA teacher goes above & beyond and monitors know all the kids!

Amazing Leadership at Lineweaver. Possibly the best principal in the district. Also as parents we have been pleased with all the teachers our two students have had while there. I can think of no other school better fit to serve students.

This is an excellent school, alive and vibrant, full of parent participation and active teachers who go out of their way to help students achieve their very best. Our child had been at a TUSD magnet school that had perpetually falling (depressing!) enrollment, annual budget cuts and apathetic parent participation. It was hard, but we are so glad we moved. The principal is responsive, the PTA is fantastic, and the student-body is a great mix of kids. Our child is thriving in a way she never did before, and her 5th grade GATE teacher is absolutely amazing. She'll get to fly a plane through the Wright Flight program, and has been studying the physics of lift and force. The OMA Orchestra teacher is an amazing violinist and the PTA funds the OMA director - who is a true asset for the school. It offers choir, Student Council, a chess club, sports (track and field and cross-country), an "honors recorder" program, and much, much more. It's also conveniently located near Randolph Park for after-school activities through Parks n' Rec, and just a few blocks from the Columbus Library. Truly an educational gem.

Our granddaughter has been attending Lineweaver for three years and we have seen very positive growth for her both academically and socially. We are very pleased with the environment at the school.

My kids go to lineweaver Great School I thought so at first.. Every school has it's downfalls.. But this is no place to send your third grader for exceptional education.. I was proud to support the school but not so much now.. The lack of respect and lack of understanding for children with special needs is out the door. I as a parent witness aids, yell at special ed student, ignore them, disrespect them, and could care less if they are on the cell phone during class hours and doing their own personal matter on school time. The teachers that I have delt with in the past have been noting but great but once it turned third grade special ed.. It's gone down hill from there... They need to understand every child is different and need to teach and aproach each individual differently. I would tell all the parents to evaulate the teacher and the staff before considering putting your child in this setting if you have a child with behavior or special needs.

My family loves Lineweaver. I have one child who is a graduate from there and one currently enrolled. It's a hidden jewel in midtown, with terrific teachers, a very ambitious and engaged principal, a wonderful fine arts program that makes music and art accessible to all children and a great after school program. The parents are very involved and consistently raise big dollars to support the school considering that it is not a school with a wealthy demographic. And, the GATE program is one of the best things going in TUSD. If I had to do it all aver again, I'd still chose Lineweaver!

Since the new principal arrived, things are even better. Lineweaver has a very caring staff and great parental involvement.

Lineweaver is like an extension of our family. My kids look forward to going to school every day. The teachers are awesome!!!! The OMA program and OMA instructors are AMAZING! The before/after school program (Cub Club) is a fun, safe, and affordable option for those of us who have work schedules that conflict with school start and end times. I feel truly blessed to have my kids in such a GREAT school!!!

My granddaughter gets a good education in academics and the arts at Lineweaver Elementary

Lineweaver is involved in the OMA (Opening Minds Through the Arts) program, and my daughter who has attended the school since first grade has just absolutely flourished because of this program. The school provides a 'no bullying' theme all year round. Except for this year, because funding in the district has been cut, a counselor would go around to the classes and give useful community tips and advice on how to be a good neighbor. The teachers that I have encountered are enthusiastic and involved in the school activities during and after hours. We are stationed overseas this year, but my daughter still feels like Lineweaver is her school. That surely says a lot about the school.

Last modified Lineweaver Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.