Tucson, AZ

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted August 14, 2015
Cant say yet, too soon. I will up date this later on. I hope they have respect.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted August 14, 2015
See other, I really can only judge what i see. I will update my opinion at a later time.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted August 14, 2015
Not sure yet, I don't like the fact that they are doing basketball tryouts in 107+ % . I honestly cant judge more, since it is the beginning of the school year.

Mansfeld Middle School 3

Posted August 14, 2015
My son just started 6th grade and I am already concerned about the amount of material the kids need to carry on their backs due to no lockers used. I don't get it, these years are their most crucial when it comes to growth. It is a fact that the constant weight all day will cause some sort of back problems, including stunting their growth. I may pull him out and try another. My sons health outweighs the fact that this school has history. Look it up about these ages and back problems. Thanks....

Posted April 07, 2015
Mansfeld is in its first full year of being a Magnet school and already we are seeing tremendous changes on campus. Students are connecting Science, Technology, Engineering and Math to all of their coursework. We are seeing students engaging in engineering practices to solve issues in social studies and conducting field research in PE (deflate-gate testing) to name just a few. Teachers are also collaborating more and connecting learning from 1 classroom to the next, allowing students to connect deeply to information in a variety of ways. STEM has been the start of something tremendous at Mansfeld!

Posted April 07, 2015
Our daughter has been absolutely happy and challenged academically at Mansfeld. She is involved in robotics. Girl Power club/Red Cross Club, Science olympiad, and band, playing oboe. She loves all her teachers. The students are doing some incredible school projects, in social studies for example. The reward field trips to the university are a big motivator. She has felt safe. Many good electives choices. GATE and AP classes. Great STEM nights!

Posted March 29, 2015
Our son is very excited to attend next year. He is a math and science kid and the offerings here are right up his alley.

Posted April 08, 2014
Mansfeld has just become a STEM Magnet school. This means teachers are creating integrated units focusing on how science, technology, engineering, and math play roles in all disciplines. Students are now being asked to demonstrate their learning via real world projects and problems, not just through tests and written essays. In addition, Mansfeld has had more student growth than the district average in every grade level and on both reading and math benchmark exams. Our high school credit algebra students performed nearly twice as well as the district average on the March benchmark this year (2013-14). If you are an involved parent, with a child who truly wants to excel, then Masnfeld is the place for you!

Posted April 08, 2014
Our school, Mansfeld Magnet Middle School is a family that includes the staff, students, and their families. We recently had a student pass away and the students organized a "student" get together at a local park to acknowledge, honor, and share remembrances of that student. Very powerful! We have the benefit of tutoring from the University of Arizona students for our students to help give them a boost with academics. We would appreciate more community and parental involvement.

Mansfeld Middle School 4

Posted April 08, 2014
My school is a great place to explore and learn! We have great teachers who care about the students and are willing to go the extra mile to ensure their success. There are a number of after-school activities and interesting elective offerings. We also have a GATE Flex program and quite a few high school credit classes available for 8th graders.

1300 E. 6th Street, Tucson, AZ  85719
Last modified Mansfeld Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mansfeld Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top