Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Absolutely AMAZING staff at this school!!! We switched from home schooling out of state due to a poor experience at public school in our small, rural state to public school at Donaldson. We thought in a good-sized city like Tucson we wouldn't have a good experience, but both of our children love it and are thriving. The staff here are the most caring, compassionate, and nurturing people. We feel so very lucky to have found such a wonderful school so full of people who truly care about their students AND families. If I could give TEN stars I would!!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I believe that they do. I volunteer in the classroom one time a week and I see first hand what they do for the students and if you want to see what they do please see for yourself.

My child is in the special needs but also integrated into the other classroom with the other students in the 1st grade and I love that the school does that because it helps her feel accepted. The teachers at the school are amazing and really should get recognized for the hard work that they put in everyday because they do work hard for their students. They have assemblies every month and do spirit weeks and each class tries to win a spirit stick it is quite cute. My daughter has not felt more comfortable at a school than she has at Donaldson. I would not put her anywhere else but here. One thing that I wish they could add and I know that they wish they did have too would be more sport activities and clubs for the littler guys. She has learned to be herself and learned to be part of the community of her peers and be a part of a team.

I've had 3 children attend Donaldson and have always found the administration and teachers willing to find ways to academically challenge my child. In the last two years there have been many more activities and opportunities for the students. I love the after school clubs. It is a very welcoming and caring community.

Seven years into my 2 girls at Donaldson. Both my girls have had a positive learning and social experience at this school. Could not ask for anything more. Change in leadership a few times with the current Principal being in her second year. The teachers have all been fabulous for my girls. The school has a small, secure feeling to it... Love it.

This school is on top of what is going on in the community. They are always having dinner nights out at Subways or even other restaurants. The PTO is getting better in including the younger children as my daughter is in Kindergarten. I know in preschool last year they were not included in many of the school fundraisers that they were having. The nurse there is always ready to answer any questions that you are having. We also have a new principal this year so haven't had any problems so far.

Donaldson Elementary was a major let down. The teacher my son had was very helpful in the beginning but at the end of year ended up acting like the staff and principle, gossip and very inappropriate comments made to my 6 year old about me, his mother. My son complained of others kids bullying him and when I brought the issue up to the staff and teacher they would pretty much say my son was lying and that there were no issues of children bullying. Last year Kindegarden had tuition and after major medical issues and major surgeries I could not afford it and the one staff member that was helping me put together payment plans and taking some tuiton off ended up resigning and I was back to being harrased by the principle about making payments to tuition in full. I later found out that the principle had the power to help with the tuition and even lower the amount owed but with me would not lower the tuition at all. When I visited the principle regarding my issues with the school and the comments the teacher and secretary in office were making to my son she only wanted to bring up tuition owed and decided to take my son out of full time K to part time starting that min.

great teachers, safe school, responsible teachers, nice students, all very talented. safe school bus drivers!!!!!

Great schoo.l Great principal, with an outstanding attitude . People care there. Well organized. My son now loves going to school. By the way we just found a new fundraising site bargainsthatbenefit.com It's free, You can buy numerous deals and bargains and they donate 10% to the school of your choice! Bettr than buying a $15 tub of cookie dough!

Both of my kids go to Donaldson and they love going to class. As a mother I recommend Donaldson Elementary School the teachers are great my kids are learning as well.

Last modified Marion Donaldson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.