Miles-Exploratory Learning Center 1

Posted January 02, 2014
I believe Miles used to be one of the best schools in Tucson, however, that is unfortunately not true anymore. There are only a few good teachers left and if you are not lucky enough to get them, then it is really bad. Leadership is lacking, especially in the areas of responsibility and change. I think that any continued success that Miles has is really riding on the coattails of previous staff and administration. Miles has an excellent reputation but that applies to earlier times. That and an incredible community of parents and volunteers who try to keep the school great. Unfortunately, that is not what is educating your child on a daily basis. There are many amazing and dedicated parents who have tried to work with the school that have been pulling their children out and sending them elsewhere. Also, if you have a child with SpEd needs (outside of hearing impairments) they will not receive their services at Miles. Notice that the rave reviews of Miles and how old they are dated, which only proves my point. I hope that this small school can regain its glory, but it will take new leadership and many years, years that my child will no longer be attending.

Posted September 24, 2013
this school is awesome i rated 5 stars because they have a lot of activities for my kid and they learn from it

Miles-Exploratory Learning Center 2

Posted April 13, 2011
If you are a parent of a special needs student, who isn't deaf or hard of hearing, you need to tread carefully when thinking about Miles. It used to have a great reputation for autism and inclusion, but its original autism team left and a huge hole exists that does not offer supports students need. It's been a huge disappointment. Think of looking elsewhere.

Posted September 16, 2010
When I look back at the 5 years my kids have been at Miles, I feel like I've won the lottery. It's an incredible community of exceptionally dedicated teachers, a very diverse student body and parents of all walks who all support the school however they can.

Posted July 26, 2009
I've been at Miles since 3rd grade and I'm so grateful that my parents put me in this school. I always get the 1-on-1 time with teachers that I need and learn so much. Because this school also has deaf and hard-of-hearing students, I've learned some ASL and made a few deaf/hard-of-hearing friends and I understand them better. Miles is the coolest school I've ever been in!

Miles-Exploratory Learning Center 4

Posted May 01, 2006
Miles has a co enrollment program that includes deaf and hard of hearing students. This is the best program ever. My family loves Miles. It is very environmentally friendly and the parents know everything about each other.

Posted June 23, 2005
Miles is a wonderful place for students to learn in a diversified, nurturing environment that promotes excellence and leadership among all children!

Posted March 18, 2005

Posted October 21, 2004
The size of the school promotes an excellent environment for children to not only learn and excell academically but promotes a community of learning. Beginning with preschool and definitely in kindergarten children learn the basic academics needed to get by in the world. While getting by is not the standard I aspire for my child, it is the basic foundation for which we are able to build on. The enrichment programs are good. On-site after school programs are good. And multiple grade classrooms develop excellent social skills.

Miles-Exploratory Learning Center 4

Posted May 03, 2004
Great place for kids to learn and experience different cultures.

Miles-Exploratory Learning Center
1400 East Broadway, Tucson, AZ  85719
Last modified Miles-Exploratory Learning Center is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Miles-Exploratory Learning Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top