Bad
Good

I believe Miles used to be one of the best schools in Tucson, however, that is unfortunately not true anymore. There are only a few good teachers left and if you are not lucky enough to get them, then it is really bad. Leadership is lacking, especially in the areas of responsibility and change. I think that any continued success that Miles has is really riding on the coattails of previous staff and administration. Miles has an excellent reputation but that applies to earlier times. That and an incredible community of parents and volunteers who try to keep the school great. Unfortunately, that is not what is educating your child on a daily basis. There are many amazing and dedicated parents who have tried to work with the school that have been pulling their children out and sending them elsewhere. Also, if you have a child with SpEd needs (outside of hearing impairments) they will not receive their services at Miles. Notice that the rave reviews of Miles and how old they are dated, which only proves my point. I hope that this small school can regain its glory, but it will take new leadership and many years, years that my child will no longer be attending.

this school is awesome i rated 5 stars because they have a lot of activities for my kid and they learn from it

If you are a parent of a special needs student, who isn't deaf or hard of hearing, you need to tread carefully when thinking about Miles. It used to have a great reputation for autism and inclusion, but its original autism team left and a huge hole exists that does not offer supports students need. It's been a huge disappointment. Think of looking elsewhere.

When I look back at the 5 years my kids have been at Miles, I feel like I've won the lottery. It's an incredible community of exceptionally dedicated teachers, a very diverse student body and parents of all walks who all support the school however they can.

I've been at Miles since 3rd grade and I'm so grateful that my parents put me in this school. I always get the 1-on-1 time with teachers that I need and learn so much. Because this school also has deaf and hard-of-hearing students, I've learned some ASL and made a few deaf/hard-of-hearing friends and I understand them better. Miles is the coolest school I've ever been in!

Last modified Miles-Exploratory Learning Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.