Mountain View High School 2

Posted July 29, 2010
I have had four kids in this school, one with special needs. He has ADHD and Aspberger's Disorder. The special education department has not been helpful at all with regards to my child. Also, 2 of my children have been able to ditch and they have taken and bought marijuana at school. This is not a drug free zone nor an A+ school. This school does not do what our kids need, especially now that the economy is what it is. That is why they no longer have a resource officer to police our kids, so now they can get away with more stuff.

Mountain View High School 3

Posted March 18, 2010
Pros: Teachers/staff are generally good; most care about the students and several go out of their way to help them be successful. Many clubs and extracurricular activities are available for the students. Cons: The counselling department is not helpful. It takes all 4-5 counselors 2-3 weeks in February and March to register the students for the next year. You literally cannot get help from any of them during this time even in critical situations. When I finally got an appointment with a counselor, he never showed up to the appointment! I was given a weak apology and told that he was 'busy registering students for classes for the next school year'. Go figure! Counselors don't seem to worry when students are failing their classes either. It would be nice to see the Marana school district open a third high school for the district as both of their high schools seem overcrowded.

Mountain View High School 1

Posted October 04, 2009
The commitment from the faculty is above any beyond what a concerned parent could hope for in a teacher. The students are treated with respect and a concern for the academic future is demonstrated on a regular basis.

Mountain View High School 0

Posted July 29, 2009
My daughter is a Junior at MVHS and she loves it!. She takes honors classes, is involved in sports and is also involved with their YES/PBIS Teen program which works with the administration to help solve issues such as tardiness. The school has alot of different groups of students and every kid can, if they choose can be successful at MVHS. The teachers definitley do their part to instruct the students and to guide them,

Posted June 21, 2009
I had two kids go through MVHS. I thought the teachers were outstanding. There are some that are very impassioned by their subject matter and dedicated to their students. My son was appreciative at the football coaches and all of the leadership and fellowship they provided. My daughter was an Honor student and excelled in Orchestra. THey have a top notch orchestra program. THe rigors of the honor classes were a nice challenge for her, but the homework was ridiculous. It caused quite an imbalance in her life. If we had it to do over again, we would choose regular classes and leave college for the advance classes.

Posted May 14, 2009
Im a student at Mountain View and i absolutely love it. Our school has so much spirit. There are plenty of classes to take to help decide what you want to pursue as a career. Im majoring in Auto and the program is great! Even though there are different groups of people there, everyone is pretty decent towards one another.

Mountain View High School 1

Posted April 21, 2009

Mountain View High School 2

Posted January 04, 2009
I am a junior at MVHS. i am 2 years ahead in math, 1 in spanish, and 1 in science; yet i feel as if i am not being challenged enough. i get all A's in my AP/honors classes without ever studying or even doing my homework. there are no extracurricular activities that interest me here. its a bit boring. it suits me though, since i am lazy. so if you want to skate throughhigh school withut ever having to try, then MVHS is definatly for you!

Mountain View High School 4

Posted January 03, 2009
My son attended MVHS for 4 years. He graduated in May 2008. Overall the school is satisfactory, however I did find that there were some communication problems between parents and teachers that need to be addressed. The school doesn't seem to have enough counselors and I would have liked to have seen a more organized front office. Overall, I was satisfied with the teachers & my son enjoyed the school. I did have some real concerns when I enrolled him in the school since he had been attending a private school for a number of years. He seemed to have transitioned well.

Posted December 11, 2008

Mountain View High School
3901 W. Linda Vista Blvd., Tucson, AZ  85742
Last modified Mountain View High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain View High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top