Posted November 27, 2014
This school district does not live up to the hype. Rosenthal was so dismissive of every concern I had about my child. The problems with bullying there are beyond the scope of anything I have ever experienced anywhere else, and the school doesn't do anything about it. There is also a strong stigma against open enrollment kids among the faculty. This district has the highest teacher turnover of any district in the city, and the only ones who can tolerate the environment are the type A, rigid, inflexible personality types. My child went from being an enthusiastic learner and winning awards in particular subjects to hating school and being miserable all the time. During seventh grade, not a single teacher was a fit for her personality- so much so I wanted to pull her out the day after parent night. Mouthy, know-it-all early 20 somethings are all this district can attract. We are now in a private school, where she is safe from relentless bullying, and where she actually enjoys learning again.

Posted May 12, 2014
How can the staff at Orange Grove middle school allow or permit a child to return to school after this child brought a water bottle filled with Vodka to school???? Only thing done about it was expelled for a month. WOW!!!!!! Parents be aware that the staff at orange grove do not care about the well being of your children. They only care about their status and pay " which isn't much by the way " but are not qualified at a real school that has ethics.

Posted January 23, 2014
I have a child in 7th grade at Orange Grove Middle School, and I LOVE it. She also loves it! The school and learning environment are wonderful -- excellent teachers, great band, strong athletics, lots of technology that is well-integrated into the classes, etc. I can't say enough good things about the education my child is getting and especially what smart, kind, creative, and caring teachers she has. They really seem to love their job, and they actually make learning fun for my child -- imagine that!!! Even when an issue comes up -- which is very rare -- everyone sincerely seems to care about fixing it. Exactly what a great middle school should be.

Posted January 08, 2014
This is an awesome school it is the best around every one is nice the teachers are very qualified there are so many after school classes that are great and not to expensive it is the best middle school there is out there you should come.

Posted May 23, 2012
i would not recommend this school. It has quite frankly been the worse school experience I have had with my three children. My son has been constantly blamed for things that he did not do, as he is outgoing and has tended to be the class clown. The principal marked him for three years for anything and everything around the school. He almost has a nervous breakdown his final few weeks of school The school counselor is great and a good. MY son was t tested and he was off the charts academically. The teachers are very good and academically sound and seem to care about their students. Girls are favored and get away with inappropriate dress code and behavior without any actions taken.

Orange Grove Middle School 3

Posted May 17, 2012
A lot of behavioral problems at this school since open enrollment began. Kids get tossed out class, suspended, expelled, and are disrespectful to teachers. It's hard for kids who really want to learn. The dress code is not enforced and girls come to school dressed very inappropriately. Most bathrooms are locked b/c of graffiti.

Orange Grove Middle School 4

Posted June 15, 2010
Recent frequent turnover in the administration. I was very excited when my child transferred to this school in 6th grade, but found the environment to be more competitive than supportive. While some of this is to be expected as children advance through their school years, labeling children problems when they are not being adequately challenged in their classes, being bullied or suffering other aspects of being a newer student in a very clique-ish district can't be ignored. As a parent, I did not voice my concerns the first year. This past year it became necessary to address some issues that were for the most part ignored. This might partly be due to the unstable administration. Looking forward to the change next year and hoping this might bring a more open and supportive atmosphere back to the campus of this excellent school.

Orange Grove Middle School 3

Posted April 26, 2010
Stressful and exhausting are probably what sums up this school most of the time for me while the academics process I feel is at times superior for our grade level it usually is either easy,hard or just not given enough overview on what the task at hand is during class. Students with behavior issues are often given warnings and referrals as we call them but eventually teachers and administrators stop caring causing a very peer conscious atmosphere.

Posted July 16, 2009
this school is a very good school with a great teachers

Posted May 19, 2009
This school happens to be a very good school with students much more mellow here than my precious school in California, I feel that there definitely time for us to socialize and there are dances here, but they are known as 'Socials'

Orange Grove Middle School
1911 E Orange Grove Rd, Tucson, AZ  85718
Last modified Orange Grove Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orange Grove Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top