Posted October 23, 2012
Palo Verde has really "turned it around". Take a look at our Achievements: In the 2011-2012 school year, Palo Verde earned a B rating according to the Arizona Department of Education Letter Grade Evaluation. 99% of Palo Verde students completed the AIMS testing in 2011-2012 school year. 86% graduation rate in 2012. 80% of students show overall satisfaction with school (2012 School Quality Survey) Over 60 students participated in job shadow/internship experiences in the 2011-2012 school year. First high school in TUSD to hold AP Boot Camp. Finished 4th in TUSD Superintendent s Cup Competition in 2012. Placed 2nd in the State Girls Soccer Tournament in 2012. Reached the Final 4 in the State Girls Basketball Tournament in 2012. Best of the Best Award - 2012 Cleanest High School in TUSD. I'm proud of our STUDENTS, our TEACHERS & STAFF, and the dynamic moving force: the ADMINISTRATION! Take a look yourself. Attend our Fine Arts Presentations, see the "Students of the Month" and Award ceremonies, watch our Athletes in their chosen sports. These students are succeeding and on the move to be successful in their future endeavors.

Palo Verde High Magnet School 2

Posted October 19, 2011
It's sad to see what Palo Verde has turned out to be. It was such a great school in the past and now not only are locker doors just hanging all broken, but they can't even keep the teachers, one of my son's still doesn't have a math teacher and it's already the beginning of the second quarter. My other son keeps getting his classes switched around( no teacher, not enough students, etc.) So sad!!! We'll be looking for another school for next year.

Posted April 22, 2009

Posted November 24, 2008

Posted August 10, 2008

Posted January 07, 2008

Posted October 26, 2007

Posted August 30, 2007
Palo Verde is one of the best schools that I have been to in a long time. A vast majority of teachers are extreamly dedicated to their students safety, well-being and education. Homework being lost is unheard of. (It's only been 'stolen' by the boogyman at Fry's.) PV's extracurricular activities are near perfect. In my freshmen year (05-06) the varsity football team won the state championship. Also, 06-07's Titan Players (advanced drama students, which I am 1 of)made it to state competitions. I've had excellent teachers like Mr. Anderson, Mrs. Johnson, and Ms. Ihrke. Mr Anderson had taught me so much in my Soph. Honors english class that I was more then happy to know I had him for junior english (due to a lack of space in our EVER growing AP classes.)Students with a desire to learn learn much. Believe it from someone that's been going, and STILL goes.

Palo Verde High Magnet School 4

Posted June 30, 2007
Palo Verde does have its weak spots, just like every other school across the world. Your never going to find a perfect school. I would highly recommend Palo Verde as a high school of choice though. The students at Palo Verde have the right to speak their minds, and their voice is always heard. If the parents really want to help their child, and are being ignored, then they should go down to the school, and address the problem to whom it may concern; and there should be no excuse to why they cant. If they have the time to worry about it, they have the time to confront it. The faculty is always willing to help, and always there if a fault is made. I have attended Palo Verde for 3 years, senior now, and love it. If you want more information contact me, I'd be happy to help.

Posted June 26, 2007
The school does not focus on its priorities and goals as should be for a 'Engineer & Technology'. It also does not have good staff who are able to give parent a right answer rightaway.

Palo Verde High Magnet School
1302 S. Avenida Vega, Tucson, AZ  85710
Last modified Palo Verde High Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Palo Verde High Magnet School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews.